• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall PC: Pilot Hunter/CTF gone as separate modes: "not widely used, long waits"

While the game didn't have a lot of content, it was the first EA release in a while that wasn't a colossal fuck up. I'm thinking Respawn is more responsible for the mode removal, but this certainly doesn't do EA any favours. I think this is the last straw? I don't know.

While the game didn't have a lot of content, it was the first EA release in a while that wasn't a colossal fuck up. I'm thinking Respawn is more responsible for the mode removal, but this certainly doesn't do EA any favours. I think this is the last straw? I don't know.

EA could have a straw monopoly on the the stock of last straws they own.

Omega

Banned
3 Assault rifles
2 SMGS
1 LMG

I don't think this is a bad thing. One thing I hate about most FPS are the unncessary amounts of guns.

I prefer how Shadowrun did it and CS GO. It could do without some fluff like M249, Mac 10, etc but each gun has it's uses. It's not like CoD or Battlefield where there's 15 types of each weapon with almost no differences between them other than appearance.

impact

Banned
I don't think this is a bad thing. One thing I hate about most FPS are the unncessary amounts of guns.

I prefer how Shadowrun did it and CS GO. It could do without some fluff like M249, Mac 10, etc but each gun has it's uses. It's not like CoD or Battlefield where there's 15 types of each weapon with almost no differences between them other than appearance.

CS:GO has more rifles than Titanfall has total guns, according to that post. What you talkin about?

Can someone please explain to me what this means? Surely they're not stripping the modes out altogether? Why would they actively remove something already in place when that time and effort could/should be put into improving and increasing what's already there?

Zeliard

Well, let's face it. People were playing CTF because they wanted to grind points, and once they nerfed the defense scoring, people stopped playing it.

This is just backwards. People were playing CTF because CTF is fun and has been a staple of online shooters for ages. If people stopped playing it because of nerfed defensive scoring, it's probably because de-emphasizing defense in a mode where that's just as if not more important than offensive play is foolish.

Hugstable

Banned
LOL this is why this game needed a Single Player Campaign. Game has been out for 2 months and they are already removing modes and it literally takes forever to play. This game will probably not sell much any more after this, who gonna actually pay money for a game that they might or might not be able to play depending on what time of day it is. Honestly with this map removing shit, I'm most definitely not buying another Respawn game if they seriously think crap like this is acceptable. I was okay with no SIngle Player or true campaign because he atleast online was there and CTF was super exciting to play. Now they're just removing content from an online only game only 2 month after it's out. Respawn may have already taken and wiped their ass with my 80$ but they can be sure they aren't getting another dollar out of me if they ever decided to release a Titanfall 2.

edit: This is the problem with all these shooters relying on xp and challenge. These devs are literally killing their own games as people only care about those points and chase them by playing only in the modes where you get the most points. I remember when shooters were played because they were fun, like Counter-Strike before all the gun skins (I still don't mind them though) and Unreal Tournament 2K4. Those games were fun, and people played them way after release because they were fun, not because of prestige, gens, and xp/challenges. Even in those days we had something that was pretty much a way to make sure the game was populated, actually having servers people could browse and just choose into, instead of matchmaking that barely works as is.

The Cowboy

According to the Titanfall forum EA is doing that... and quite honestly I'm tempted.
So far only a few people seem to have managed to get one, I'm currently in escalated case to try and get a refund on the game and season pass - the 1st support outright refused to give me a refund as they stated despite the game doing this, its still working as intended and there for not eligible for a refund.

I'm not letting up though, I'll be pestering them for a refund until i get it or Respawn reverse this silly decision.

Zemm

The game has been a disaster from the start.

It hasn't caught on with the competitive community at all which makes the 6v6 limit a joke for casual play. A low skill ceiling with little depth. Origin exclusive. No singleplayer mode. No player owned servers or rulesets. Limited amount of modes. This game was doomed from the start on PC. Glad the people didn't fall for this shit.

Kyou

Can someone please explain to me what this means? Surely they're not stripping the modes out altogether? Why would they actively remove something already in place when that time and effort could/should be put into improving and increasing what's already there?

well you would think so but
D9QK78i.jpg

Hugstable

Banned
People are able to get refunds? Honestly after this I would very much like it as I feel wronged. I paid 80$ for this Half Complete online game and it's season pass with all modes they advertised. I don't care if nobody is playing them, find a way to fix that by implementing an actual server selection, don't take away content from people that actually paid for the game, let alone 80$.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
So far only a few people seem to have managed to get one, I'm currently in escalated case to try and get a refund on the game and season pass - the 1st support outright refused to give me a refund as they stated despite the game doing this, its still working as intended and there for not eligible for a refund.

I'm not letting up though, I'll be pestering them for a refund until i get it or Respawn reverse this silly decision.

I think it matters a lot if you bought the game from Origin as it's harder to track your purchases otherwise.

Could also be some customers reps are more willing than others.

The Cowboy

well you would think so but
D9QK78i.jpg
I also find it stunning that with the DLC they just went with Attrition and Variety pack options, i mean they really are pushing attrition. What they've done by removing CTF and PH matchmaking seems to me as testing the water to see if they can get away with it, and then if they can i recon HP and LTS will be next to be removed.

It really does look like Respawn's endgame is to have this.

Main game: Attrition and Variety pack.
DLC 1: Attrition and Variety pack.
DLC 2: Attrition and Variety pack.
DLC 3: Attrition and Variety pack.

Armaros

B,B,B,But the cloud! Azure! Dynamic server resources!

All worse then actual dedicated servers, its not surprising this is coming from the same devs that said dedicated servers are not needed in their previous games.

Nicktendo86

I don't think I have ever disliked a game I have not player more than Titanfall. Has been a clusterfuck from start to finish.

Hugstable

Banned
LOL their refund page only allows you to refund a game for 24 hours so I don't even see how to contact them or seend them a message about this. Another reason that makes Steam superior to horrible Origin, atleast you always get that one refund. (unless they changed that recently) I'm honestly done with Origin and done with EA for awhile after this. Only EA game I care about this year is Dragon Age and now, as much as it hurts me, I'm gonna wait to buy the game for under 30$ used at Gamestop or something. I don't even play large amounts of Titanfall, but I just loved to jump into there and play some quick CTF or LTS matches inbetween my play throughs of other games, but just to take away that option from consumers, consumers who paid full price for the game, just makes me untrusting of anything that comes out of this Dev and Publisher.

Hugstable

Banned
I also find it stunning that with the DLC they just went with Attrition and Variety pack options, i mean they really are pushing attrition. What they've done by removing CTF and PH matchmaking seems to me as testing the water to see if they can get away with it, and then if they can i recon HP and LTS will be next to be removed.

It really does look like Respawn's endgame it to have this.

Main game: Attrition and Variety pack.
DLC 1: Attrition and Variety pack.
DLC 2: Attrition and Variety pack.
DLC 3: Attrition and Variety pack.

Which is insanely sad, Attrition is literally the most boring mode of the game. CTF and LTS were the most fun because it actually needed Teamwork and was more than just being about the points.

Edit: Crap I didn't mean to double post. THought I was editing my original post for some reason. Oh well I'm done, just really mad about all this, and I can't even find a way to get a refund on this crap.

BigDug13

And on PC theres absolutely no need for them which is even more baffling

Maybe using Azure is what's causing it? They don't want people spinning up their own servers on the Azure hardware and they want to control when to spin up and wind down server instances, and funneling the population through lobbies in order to spin up server instances is what we end up with.

Completely inferior to regular ass dedicated server hardware. Man I miss the days when communities could rent their own servers through various companies outside of EA.

_hekk05

Banned
Yes, its a picture of my wizard that a friend made for me. I use it as remembrance for the game.

Mini-glasses for life!

I'm planning on redownloading it and playing it soon lol. I miss it so much. I also always opt for sunglasses cus of the card slot

You're awesome.

Of all the shooters, BF is the most screwed up, but at least it has a server browser(though locked behind their shitty web browser)

The Jer

It may seem like it is "lacking in content," but I actually like that there isn't a lot of fluff with the weapons, etc. Everything that is there is well balanced and I feel like I can be useful and have a fair shot with everything.

Reading this thread I feel a bit alone on this; This is one of the most fun/addictive game experiences I have had in a very, very long time.

scitek

Must just be a miscommunication with the "40% off" sale going on this weekend.

It may seem like it is "lacking in content," but I actually like that there isn't a lot of fluff with the weapons, etc. Everything that is there is well balanced and I feel like I can be useful and have a fair shot with everything.

Reading this thread I feel a bit alone on this; This is one of the most fun/addictive game experiences I have had in a very, very long time.

And that makes it okay to pull content.

Omega

Banned
CS:GO has more rifles than Titanfall has total guns, according to that post. What you talkin about?

Except that because of their being an economy system, most of those guns serve a purpose. Or did you miss the part where I mentioned that guns should serve a purpose?

Wouldn't be the case in Titanfall if it had as many guns as CoD/Battlefield/other modern FPS

hawk2025

Except that because of their being an economy system, most of those guns serve a purpose. Or did you miss the part where I mentioned that guns should serve a purpose?

Wouldn't be the case in Titanfall if it had as many guns as CoD/Battlefield/other modern FPS

I agree, guns should serve a purpose.

What's the point of Titanfall's sniper rifles, then?

WarMacheen

So you removed game modes because they weren't popular...instead of working to make them a better experience...You take a game that was short on features already and made it worse.

I don't even...fuck you

scitek

I just bought this game in the weekend sale and never even got a chance to play either of these modes. Do these idiots not understand the concept if what a sale is supposed to do? Get more players?

Skyzard

Banned
I just bought this game in the weekend sale and never even got a chance to play either of these modes. Do these idiots not understand the concept if what a sale is supposed to do? Get more players?

You can still play them in the "variety" playlist, which has through a bunch of different modes.

You might even get more chance to play them now, from what I've heard :p

I also just picked this game, having a lot of fun with it and the expansion maps are cool too. The 6v6 is awesome and I love the fast-paced action. Pretty decent movement as well, sort of makes up for Brink.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Well if it was less than 24hrs ago you can still get a refund. I bought mine at launch but not directly through origin, so I'm probably screwed, but I'll try tomorrow, see if they can maybe give me credit for something else

Top Bottom