• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall preload page online XBOX

Bsigg12

How do you accidentally post something like that? That page seemed legit. Is someone over at MS mad because someone else spoiled their surprise?

I just can't believe that a former online only console doesn't have these features.

I'm gonna go ahead and say since they haven't officially announced it, they can say that particular statement. I think the page went up accidentally and so they can fall back on their "we have no plans for pre-loading" since they haven't come out and said it and wait until next week for the press release announcing it. The page wasn't a mistake, and had far too much detail to not be what they're doing.

Linkified

Seems it was a mistake after all... Seems to be a lot of those mistakes happening at MS.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/21/5434054/xbox-one-pre-load-titanfall-before-march-11-launch

Eh?

If you aren't going to do it, that page should never made it through checks surely? This seems like something they were going to announce on that Xbox News site and the page leaked early. They will probably announce in two weeks that "due to an overwhelming positive response from customers and Xbox fans around the World, we have enabled Titanfall to be first of many games that will be offering preloads".

Eh?

If you aren't going to do it, that page should never made it through checks surely? This seems like something they were going to announce on that Xbox News site and the page leaked early. They will probably announce in two weeks that "due to an overwhelming positive response from customers and Xbox fans around the World, we have enabled Titanfall to be first of many games that will be offering preloads".

I agree with you 100%. Microsoft will announce in just a few short weeks they are offering Titanfall preloads on the Xbox Live store due to the "increased excitement and overwhelming hype from Xbox* fans."

Seriously, I would assume they will make a big announcement for this shorty. They want to be the ones that bring the good news.

Nope. Microsoft announced it and made a page for preloads then mysteriously said it was an accident.

No mystery. Gamestop said it ain't happening and MS backed down. Of course, this won't ever be confirmed, but everytime the Sony or MS try to do something like this, they have to backtrack and mention the need to "respect their retail partners", etc.

No mystery. Gamestop said it ain't happening and MS backed down. Of course, this won't ever be confirmed, but everytime the Sony or MS try to do something like this, they have to backtrack and mention the need to "respect their retail partners", etc.

Uh, Sony has offered pre-loading for lots of games, including Infamous on PS4 later this month.

Be interesting to hear what's really gone on with this.

The store listing from a couple weeks away showed pretty clearly that MS has developed this feature for the X1, but clearly they are holding back on deployment for some reason. The most obvious answer seems to be that particularly early in a console life-cycle, they rely on retailers to build a hardware userbase and so they bend to the will of retailers a bit.

So, perhaps they are waiting to roll it out to users when there are more X1's sold (the fall maybe?)

Personally, it's a damn shame. I have no interest in having physical copies of games, and not having this doesn't prevent me from doing all digital copies of games, but it would be a nice feature to have.

elektrixx

Banned
This is bullshit. This should've been a launch feature.

Just to piss me off, it'll wait until the second I leave for work to go up for download. If that happens, I'll never play it. It's why I bailed on Max Payne 3.

Top Bottom