• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tite Kubo's Bleach Manga Nears Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.
smDDdAO.jpg

This year's 31st issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine is announcing on Monday that Tite Kubo's long-running Bleach manga is approaching its ending. The magazine teased the number of chapters before the manga would end, but purposefully obscured the number.

The manga entered its final story arc in February 2012.
ANN

The 73rd volume of Tite Kubo's long-running Bleach manga revealed on Monday that the 74th volume will be the last. The final volume will ship this fall. This year's 31st issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine also announced on Monday that the manga is approaching its ending.
ANN

Bleach will END on Shonen Jump Issue 38 (August 22) with "big news" in the same issue.
Bleach will end finaly in Jump 38 (22/08). And will have color page.

Bleach will have big news in Jump 38 (22/08)
mangahelpers

Big News: Bleach live action film for 2018

Hope they announce a new anime too. :D

Calvero

Banned
A four year long final story arc wowza

I remember when Kishi kept talking about Naruto ending soon every year for like 4 years before it ended.

KissVibes

Banned
I'm almost free from the hell that is manga. Please release me, Kubo-san.

I need this anime/manga garbage out of my life, but I need to see this story finished. This final story.

Toki767

Has the final arc really been going on for 4 years now? Sheesh.

So what ends first, the Bleach manga or the Naruto anime? lol

So what's the final arc

Is it where it involves Ichigo
losing his powers
and meeting up with that weird group to get them back?

242.gif

I will believe the King of Trolling when I see the very last chapter, until then I expect this to keep going for another 2 years.
It'll take them years to defeat HAX-GOD anyways.

So what's the final arc

Is it where it involves Ichigo
losing his powers
and meeting up with that weird group to get them back?

Evil
Quincies
and OP as fuck villains.

Adnor

Banned
I remember them saying it would be ending years ago. I can't believe the final arc has been so long.

No fucking shit.

Anyone with half a brain could see it was the final arc of the manga because how long he was dragging it on for. How has it been 4 years since the arc began? HOW? Just put it out of its misery, Kubo. And if Ichigo doesn't end up with Orihime, I'll riot. He'll probably end up with Rukia and Orihime will pair with Chad or Uryu.

Bleach's best arc was the one where Orihime got kidnapped.

No fucking shit.

Anyone with half a brain could see it was the final arc of the manga because how long he was dragging it on for. How has it been 4 years since the arc began? HOW? Just put it out of its misery, Kubo. And if Ichigo doesn't end up with Orihime, I'll riot. He'll probably end up with Rukia and Orihime will pair with Chad or Uryu.

Bleach's best arc was the one where Orihime got kidnapped.

Only reason I'm still reading this. My OTP <3
Screw Studio Pierrot for downplaying it! -shakes fist-

I stopped like 5 years ago when they said this was the final arc. Finally cut this shit and we can hopefully get something good as a replacement.

KissVibes

Banned
Tite Kubo is the Hideo Kojima of manga. Complete cornball, batshit insane, you can almost call them both liars....but I can't look away. I'm drawn in by their bullshit. It isn't even GOOD bullshit.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Wow, the art really has gotten amazing. Total reverse curve from the story.

I'm actually taking a low hanging fruit there. This latest arc is better than Hueco Mundo and the Fullbringer arc, I think. Still hard to believe it's the same author who wrote Soul Society...

Series was at it's best when it was just a magical girl series where the MC was a guy. Soul Society was the shark-jump moment where it just became another middling shonen series that ripped off the worst elements of DBZ & YYH without understanding what made those series work.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
shieeet. Give me some Ichiruki before then atleast Kubo.

You can't have Urahara tease that shit and not have my girl do some awesome shit.

I haven't read 99% of this arc cause the Nazi's and Kubo's usual drivel just bore me to tears...just make the ending worth it hm?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
They're fighting quincies now. Yeah the quincies are alive soul society is actually shit at genocide.

It's basically arrancar arc redux.

I think I stopped reading around 5 years back. There's probably an year's worth of TL;DR...

I try to read the latest chapters once every month. I didn't feel like I missed a thing in-between those chapters, story-wise.

Also, I laugh at this. Bleach ends but will spawn a new manga titled Detergent. And Ichigo's son Boruto will be the next main character.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I can't believe a series that had one good story arc lasted so long

2. Karakura and SS were both great arcs i thought. I honestly liked it better when it was relegated to just the town, but i never objected to finding more about SS. The Aizen thing just took it in a direction that ended up destroying any more potential it could have had.

How many transformations has Ichigo burned through in this arc?

4. His fullbringer one(broke), his 'true shinigami' shikai(outclassed), his quincy shinihollow mask form, and also his new bankai(both stolen)

Ray Down

Banned
I really doubt it's gonna be brought up, but does Kubo even remember
Juha stole Yama Bankai and should still be able to use it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom