• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TLOU 2 fell off the PS Store Top 20 charts for September

cudiye

Official PlayStation Store Top 20 Charts Link

ItMc5D6.jpg

After merely 2 months since it’s release on June 19, TLOU2 is nowhere to be found in the PlayStation Store August Top 20 charts.

You would think that the most highly anticipated PS4 sequel of the year from the critically acclaimed first game you’d expect the sequel to be flying off the shelves. Now “the game of the generation” is in the bargain bin after only a couple months.

Bonus pics to show that it may have overestimated its sales

7P8XjNe.jpg

Whilst some countries are selling this game in bulk for cheap to get rid of stock. “But mah 4 million copies”

r8djpxv.jpg

Great Job Neil Druckman for dividing your fanbase and insulting those who have valid criticism.

s00gNNr.jpg

edit; August, not September.

Last edited:
It's one thing to shit on your fanbase with a shitty divisive story
It's another to launch an entire smear campaign against anyone who disagrees (completely understandable) with the direction Neil took with the both the story and structure of the game
I personally hated the story even though to give ND credit the combat was amazing and it was a tense experience.

Last edited:

Jtibh

Banned
And comes october /november it will hit psnow so people sign up and i can get it for free.
Win win.

MiguelItUp

Honestly the game doesn't have a ton of replay value, nor is there anything to keep the attention of players. It's pretty standard for a lot of single player titles. Not to mention TLOU2 had a ton of people rushing to play it immediately as they were doing their best to avoid spoilers, etc.

I'm really not surprised by this.

That being said, I got GoT on launch and I'm STILL babying it. ALLLLLMOST done though, haha.

Pretty sure those rank 18-20 games aren't selling lots of copies at this stage of their cycle.

And for TLoU2 (only 3 months old) to already be off the list shows the word of mouth killed it.

No wonder Druckmann was a one man show of Twitter PR for months.
Nailed it. Significant majority never visits forums or reads much about upcoming releases so they didn’t know what they are getting into. After they experienced it, word of mouth buried the game into the ground.

I wish more people did a research before they buy stuff but that’s not how consumeristic society works. Be it as it may, I’ll take this belated W for all of us that hate what Druckmann did after beautiful first game.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I wish more people did a research before they buy stuff but that’s not how consumeristic society works. Be it as it may, I’ll take this belated W for all of us that hate what Druckmann did after beautiful first game.
I can understand a FIFA or shooter fan buying day one. The games are predictable and especially for shooters the biggest difference between it any past games are map layouts where it's key to hurry up and get familiar and level up gear asap. And for sports fans, hurry up so you can rank up fast to get a leg up on leaderboards and leagues. No doubt a gamer who gets a few weeks or months head start is at an advantage vs. a noob who gets it at Christmas.

But for RPGs, action games, and any SP game, I can't remember the last time I bought one right away. Probably Fallout 3 because the reviews were awesome and it was such a cool new feature to play it as a 3D free moving game than that old ass turn based stuff from 1997.

notseqi

My wishful thinking is to see game like 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim makes it to the chart but even with highly positive previews, most people barely pay attention to this game, so I don't think that gonna happen.
Show me a vid of what the game is about.

MrS

Banned
Stop this bullshit already. TLOU2 only sold that much thanks to its predecessor and not by its own merits.
What do you expect from a sequel? Don't be dense.

So funny to see people claim they want mature games and then cry when they come out because they can't handle them. If you hate TLOU2, you hate the best the medium can offer. Get a new hobby.

Last edited:

notseqi

It's the trailer I googled, could you give a timestamp for somebody to move in for the really cool stuff?
Give me what the game is about. Or a previous one.

I can understand a FIFA or shooter fan buying day one. The games are predictable and especially for shooters the biggest difference between it any past games are map layouts where it's key to hurry up and get familiar and level up gear asap. And for sports fans, hurry up so you can rank up fast to get a leg up on leaderboards and leagues. No doubt a gamer who gets a few weeks or months head start is at an advantage vs. a noob who gets it at Christmas.

But for RPGs, action games, and any SP game, I can't remember the last time I bought one right away. Probably Fallout 3 because the reviews were awesome and it was such a cool new feature to play it as a 3D free moving game than that old ass turn based stuff from 1997.
Witcher 3, Bloodborne and RDR 2 come to mind this gen. All information we knew prior to launch gave the impression there was no way they weren’t going to be spectacular. I still remember days leading to Witcher 3 launch, you could cut the hype around it with knife. You knew something big is about to happen. OK, in RDR’s 2 case, developer’s name was enough.

Neogaf told me it would sell 15 million copies by the end of the year.

My wishful thinking is to see game like 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim makes it to the chart but even with highly positive previews, most people barely pay attention to this game, so I don't think that gonna happen.
Aegis Rim is sadly absolutely not made to appeal to the main stream. The fact that we don't see any mecha battle animations kills any mass appeal it could have had. To be honest it's the reason I'm waiting for that to drop in price. Am not going to pay 60€ for that. If it were on Switch, maybe, since games like that work well on a handheld, but not on the big screen.
It's the trailer I googled, could you give a timestamp for somebody to move in for the really cool stuff?
Give me what the game is about. Or a previous one.
There is pretty much no "cool stuff".

Vawn

Banned

So funny to see people claim they want mature games and then cry when they come out because they can't handle them. If you hate TLOU2, you hate the best the medium can offer. Get a new hobby.

I think he was being sarcastic. At least, I hope.

notseqi

Neogaf told me it would sell 15 million copies by the end of the year.

Aegis Rim is sadly absolutely not made to appeal to the main stream. The fact that we don't see any mecha battle animations kills any mass appeal it could have had. To be honest it's the reason I'm waiting for that to drop in price. Am not going to pay 60€ for that. If it were on Switch, maybe, since games like that work well on a handheld, but not on the big screen.

There is pretty much no "cool stuff".
It's fine it if doesn't appeal to the mainstream but I would like, especially from pipol in here, get a take on what this thing is about. Kaiju are cool but people talking everything out can be a bit of a drag. I know that Danjin can make it interesting, please do.

[Sigma]

You're likely right. Personally it's my top game to get this month. I plan to play some Days Gone after I get through Final Fantasy VII Remake on hard difficulty but I will put that(Days Gone) on the back burner when 13 Sentinels: Agis Rim gets released.

INC

Being "mature" doesn't make it immune to criticism, and there's valid criticism for the game. You dont have to be "dense" to realise that brother

The best the medium has to offer, its subjective, so I won't say you're wrong, but I also don't agree.

Top Bottom