• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TLOU Part 3 casting call info posted by MCU leaker

Bartski

Gold Member
Apparently, dude got history of accurate movie leaks, but nothing gaming related this far.

e9AMQSt.png

Last edited:

Gojiira

Strange basis for a third game tbh, not very high stakes. Sounds more like a quest or subplot than a setup for a overarching plot.

Begleiter

I think it's too soon, unless they really are that creatively dead at Druckmann's Naughty Dog. Maybe a small expansion like Left Behind or stuff to contextualise the live service factions game.

It's also really difficult to imagine a part 3. Part 2 was a follow-up to a game that never needed one, and producing a sequel to the unlooked-for sequel when it was so poorly received by actual players seems like bad business.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

Ar¢tos

I would love for it to move away from the cast of P2, just let it be.

But these characters are most likely a part of the live service game.
Could be the main characters in one of those (completely predictable) unpredictable Druckmann twist.
Joel's daughter died at the start of TLOU 1 for the big emotional bang at the start, then you play the game as Joel just for Joel to die in a big emotional bang at the start of TLOU2. Keeping with this logic, Abby and Ellie are gonna have an emotional cruesome gory death at the start of TLOU3 and a new cast carries over (and hopefully they all die at the end and we are done with TLOU forever).

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Sounds more like the multiplayer game than TLoU3.
With the developmental hell that project has been I wouldn’t be surprised if they just call it TLOU3 and switch gears. Take the assets, good story stuff, etc and shift gears.

TLOU2 could still serve as a good cap off point for Ellie and Joel’s stories. And they could easily throw in a cameo at the end for her to be in it if they want. There really isn’t much left to do with her character without it feeling horse beaten to death.

Realistically though if I’m them I’d just start up a new saga with new characters. Call it part 3 and there we go.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I can't see story working in a Live Service multiplayer game. Will be interesting to see how these studios envision it though. I'd like to be wrong.

Kokoloko85

That looks like Factions but would also like a bunch of new characters for TLOU3. But please a new IP first

Last edited:
Eh. Regardless. True or not. After they wrapped up Uncharted 4 and put out TLOU2, I think it's pretty safe for me to say that I am done with their games. It's going to take TLOU levels of launch hype to pull me back in for TLOUP(3) or any other game they release.

Ellie and Dina get killed in the beginning of the game for shock value. Abby searches for her body, for the doctors finding the cure, and hunts down the killer, who's a new militant faction leader and identifies as a 2-spirit pansexual transgender penguin and the mother of the rabbit that gets killed in TLoU PTII, vowing revenge.

We get to play as the penguin for the rest of the game to understand their side of the story...

copege-copium.gif

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Val, Female, Leader of group
Dat back story, very deep character

Anyway, it's fake
ND wouldn't be using "male" & "female"
It would be like this

Val, She/Her, strong & independent and identifies as female.
Controls the toxic masculinity in the group, everyone respect her bla, bla, bla

Last edited:

FingerBang

Hey, I have the plot.
Abby helps this group of scavengers before discovering they are there to kill her. She gets murdered in front of Lev's eyes. Lev is now a fully grown man, and he goes on a rampage to find the
... oh wait

Tbh I'm curious to see how they deal with Lev growing up in a post-apocalyptic world since they went all-in on the modern thing.

Top Bottom