• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toby Kebbell claims he is "done" as Doctor Doom unless Marvel Studios gets him back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

TOBY KEBBELL IS DONE WITH DOCTOR DOOM — UNLESS MARVEL STUDIOS GETS HIM BACK

doctor-doom-now.jpg

Fox's most recent attempt at a ”Fantastic Four" film didn't exactly catch on. The film, directed by Josh Trank, tanked at the box office, only earning $56 million domestically and scoring a disappointing 9% on Rotten Tomatoes. Still, while recognizing that the reboot's serious tone didn't work, producer Simon Kinberg says that Fox is still interested in making a sequel — just as long as it's ready to be made and hews closer to the comics.

One ”Fantastic Four" actor, however, won't be along for that ride if Fox decides to greenlit a sequel. Actor Toby Kebbell, who played Dr. Doom in the film, told HeyUGuys that he is done with the franchise.

”I won't be in it!" said Kebbell. ”Truth is, Doom is an incredible bad guy. They just keep trying to force him into the Fantastic Four. They just need to move it out because he smashes up Thor and Iron Man and they get wasted. Doom is a monster, but my Doom was not, so that is that."

There is one thing that would get Kebbell to return to the role, though: if Marvel Studios and Fox decide to share Doom, the same way Marvel and Sony currently share Spider-Man. ”Yeah, if they lend him out like a footballer," said Kebbell. ”They do with Spider-Man!"

The idea of Fox and Marvel reaching such an agreement would have been an out there proposition, until Marvel Studios and Sony reached a similar one that allowed them to share custody of Spider-Man and his universe of characters. Now Spidey is in the MCU and getting his own solo film (”Spider-Man: Homecoming") this year. There haven't even been rumors of such talks happening between Fox — who owns the rights to the Fantastic Four and X-Men — and Marvel. In fact, Fox has plenty of X-Men films in the works and, judging by recent comments, doesn't seem ready to let go of the ”FF" just yet either.

12394008_1686680494954249_349503889_n.jpg

akira28

hm...well.
how do we tell this guy that he's been "done" for a while now?

did he ever watch the Fantastic Four movie he was in?

Zolo

I don't think any of the old actors would return unless there was one very specified as a stand out performance.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Title makes him sound out to be someone throwing a temper tantrum. Actual article is it seems like someone asked him a question and he responded.

edit: watching video now

J_Viper

This guy is a great actor, why are you all getting on his case? Don't blame him for F4 turning out the way it did

The Kree

Banned
There probably isn't a more offensive comic adaptation on film. What a piece of shit that movie was. I know there are worse movies on a technical level, but none of them felt like they were written to personally insult me.

PSqueak

Banned
I admire his valiant efforts to get doom back to marvel, but he is delusional to think anybody gives half a shit about him returning as doom.

jph139

I think this is a low-key "here's my number" to Marvel Studios.

To which I say, good luck dude, but probably don't bring up the whole Doom thing. No one wants to remember that.

grimmiq

Didn't Jennifer Lawrence say something similar a few months ago? Something about not wanting to do another Fox movie, but would reprise her role as Mystique if she was included in Guardians of the Galaxy?

If Marvel gets the rights back, and if they finally start integrating the Netflix stuff into the MCU, I'd love a DOOM Netflix series, childhood > College with Reed > accident > recovery > rise to power in Latveria. Maybe finish it with him planning on getting "revege" on Reed, only for the Cosmic Rays bullshit to happen and ends with him furious his chance was taken from him thinking they died.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
The person that asked him did so...

I'm so tired of seeing these type of interviews, they're the worst.

Interview: How about this subject I just brought up to you out of nowhere?

Actor: I mean, I guess?

Article Title: ACTOR HAS VERY STRONG OPINION ABOUT SUBJECT

Readers: Wow, I can't believe actor would say such a thing!

Roo

Considering how bad the movie is and how insignificant his (human) role was, I'm sure FOX wouldn't have any problem replacing his ass with someone else.

Slayven

SHows how much Marvel is killing the game. You have Jlaw, Hugh jackman, Lawerence Fishborne, and this dud shouting out Marvel.

Hell when Ben Affleck dips out of Batman I bet he will say he would have stayed if Marvel was involved

Bronx-Man

Banned
Is anyone coming back for this franchise? MBJ jumped ship to Marvel the minute Fox started talking about a sequel and Miles Teller is busy doing real movies.

Didn't Jennifer Lawrence say something similar a few months ago? Something about not wanting to do another Fox movie, but would reprise her role as Mystique if she was included in Guardians of the Galaxy?

The only way that'd make sense would be if they did Asteroid M.

jph139

I'm so tired of seeing these type of interviews, they're the worst.

Interview: How about this subject I just brought up to you out of nowhere?

Actor: I mean, I guess?

Article Title: ACTOR HAS VERY STRONG OPINION ABOUT SUBJECT

They do this with Jeremy Renner all the time about MCU stuff.

"Would you want to be in a Hawkeye movie?" "If they did Black Widow would you show up?" "Netflix series?" "Cameo in an upcoming movie?"

And the headlines follow. Like, we get it, Jeremy Renner will act if you pay him money, thank you.

caliph95

Oh of course everybody's favorite actor wasn't Micheal b Jordan
(in spite of the controversy)
or Reg E Cathey It was Toby Kebell unforgettable performance as Victor Von Doom.

Mask

I legit said "Who?"

Somehow I don't think Marvel or Fox would be rushing to get him back, if they ever touch Fantastic Four again.

The Kree

Banned
Guy seems to have missed the point that andrew garfield didnt come along for the ride

Most of these actors don't actually know or give a shit about the differences between the MCU and everything else. All they see is money and critical reception because that's all that's relevant to them.

Newman96

Kebbell is actually a fine actor, I can't speak for his role as Doom though as I've not seen the movie. Going on his roles I have seen though I'd love him in the MCU

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Eh, if it puts more pressure on Fox to play ball with Marvel. I'm for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom