• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Today is the day I added Switch to my PS/Xbox/PC lineup

Topher

Gold Member
Obviously this thread is inspired by OverHeat OverHeat 's awesome Today is the day I went pc only thread. Thought I would post this as, coincidentally, at the same time OverHeat OverHeat was downsizing his systems, I just added the last latest piece to my game system puzzle. Nintendo Switch. Still formulating my thoughts on it, but upfront they are positive. Shout out to Punished Miku Punished Miku for recommending Triangle Strategy. Trying out the demo and really enjoying it. Will probably end up buying it as well as Metroid Dread, which I'm enjoying a hell of a lot more than I thought I would

So. Anyone else risking their marriage by investing so heavily in all these gaming systems like my un-frugal ass?

angry episode 7 GIF

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
You're going to just be swamped in masterpieces. Metroid Dread is virtually a perfect game, gets a 10/10 from me and won my GOTY from last year. Triangle Strategy is phenomenal. Breath of the Wild, Luigi's Mansion 3, Mario Odyssey, and on and on. Tons of indies.

And they're not just masterpieces, but they're unlike the games you'll find on other systems. Gameplay first. Polished like crazy. The kind of thing that will rekindle your love for gaming. Can't imagine not having a Nintendo system.

I love my Switch, was enjoying some Luigi's Mansion 3 last night for spooky season. I think I'll have a Nintendecember session and only play Nintendo games for December until Callisto Protocol on Christmas, in honor of the amazing 2023 Nintendo will have. We'll see.

Last edited:

Comandr

Congrats on filling out the collection. Some of the newer switch models have looked tempting but this year I jeopardized my marriage with the AYN Odin and then was so happy with it I preordered the Loki Max. Hopefully the Switch 2 doesn’t come out any time soon. 😅

I've tried so many times to enjoy the Switch but outside of BOTW I think I've only finished maybe like 3 games? (FE:3H, Planetarian, and Persona 5 Strikers). I also played through House in Fata Morgana but that was a replay.

Multiple times I've been like oh I'll buy this on Switch because I can play on the couch but then I just don't.

I've thought about selling it, but I know I will want one for the new Zelda so I just don't bother.

Topher

Gold Member
Pro tip: buy a screen protector or put a piece of paper between the stand and the screen or you are gonna scratch the motherfucker very easily.

You kidding? My clumsy ass? Put this sucker on minutes after opening the box.

ifUGhHg.png

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Congrats OP. Hardware is kinda shit imo but the games are great and unlike anything you'll find in the competition.

Metroid Dread is one of the best games for the system. Other cool ones I really liked were Octopath Traveler, Shin Megami Tensei V and Monster Hunter: Rise. For multiplats, Ikaruga plays great and Gato Roboto is a short but sweet metroidvania I can't stop recommending.

Have fun!

How do you people find the time to play all of these?
A day has 24 hours. Subtract 8 for work and 7 for sleep. That's 15 hours you have for gaming like a maniac.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Congrats OP. Hardware is kinda shit imo but the games are great and unlike anythinf you'll find in the competition.

Metroid Dread is one of the best games for the system. Other cool ones I really liked were Octopath Traveler, Shin Megami Tensei V and Monster Hunter: Rise. For multiplats, Ikaruga plays great and Gato Roboto is a short but sweet metroidvania I can't stop recommending.

Have fun!

A day has 24 hours. Subtract 8 for work and 7 for sleep. That's 15 hours you have for gaming like a maniac.
…. Uh. Ok….

GymWolf

You kidding? My clumsy ass? Put this sucker on minutes after opening the box.

ifUGhHg.png
I Stopped caring about the screen when i realized that i would never use the console as a portable after a 30 sec joycons trial run.

But it is crucial for new owners who use both modes.

Mr Hyde

Switch is a fantastic system with an amazing library of games. I myself rock an OLED Switch, and together with the PS5 and PC, I'm covered as far as video games go. And it looks like you are too now 💪

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Just knowing I won't ever feel like I'm missing out because I have all platforms is a good feeling.

Welcome to the club, enjoy your stay.

ACESHIGH

Banned
How do you people find the time to play all of these?

True I just have a gaming PC and can't keep up. I could be the next few years without buying anything or upgrading and still have something to play on my old rig.
Still haven't played stuff like fallout new Vegas, Morrowind and oblivion.

anthony2690

Banned
If you're in the UK, you can grab dread for £19.99 currently, I think retailers are trying to clear old stock out :)

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
:lollipop_crying:

Yes, bayo 3 forced my hand; also got smash and astral chain, will probably get metroid dread down the line and pokemon violet, and then I'm done lol.

Picked up Astral Chain and I'm enjoying that. Playing Metroid Dread and Triangle Strategy demos. Really good.

No need to cry for me. Been married 28 years, bro. I'm kidding around about risking my marriage. My wife knows who I am. All good.

If you're in the UK, you can grab dread for £19.99 currently, I think retailers are trying to clear old stock out :)

Ah damn. Not seeing a deal like that around here. I'd grab it in a heartbeat for that price.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
Picked up Astral Chain and I'm enjoying that. Playing Metroid Dread and Triangle Strategy demos. Really good.

No need to cry for me. Been married 28 years, bro. I'm kidding around about risking my marriage. My wife knows who I am. All good.

Ah damn. Not seeing a deal like that around here. I'd grab it in a heartbeat for that price.
https://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb...-games/metroid-dread-nintendo-switch/p/202107

You can order online :)
Hopefully link is useful for others too.

Edit: seems to be out of stock now, was that price for a little while XD

Last edited:

TexMex

I have all 4 as well, just never turn the Switch on except for that one game a year I need it for. Sparks of Hope tomorrow, just in time for a flight to Chicago.

Romulus

I've tried so many times to enjoy the Switch but outside of BOTW I think I've only finished maybe like 3 games? (FE:3H, Planetarian, and Persona 5 Strikers). I also played through House in Fata Morgana but that was a replay.

Multiple times I've been like oh I'll buy this on Switch because I can play on the couch but then I just don't.

I've thought about selling it, but I know I will want one for the new Zelda so I just don't bother.

Me too. The games just don't hold my interest. Playing the exclusives through emulation helped a little for stuff like Botw getting 60fps was glorious.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Loved my Switch while I was playing BOTW and SMG.

Then it sat gathering dust until I sold it.

I'm not the target audience for Nintendo, clearly.

Top Bottom