• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Today, PS Vita is 4 years old

Rymuth

GHi2POt.png

Happy birthday you scrappy little thing.
inb4 todaysmybirthday.png

Sinfamy

I bought it solely as a portable Persona 4 machine, it delivered more than that, so I was satisfied.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Happy Birthday Vita - and Kudos to Sony for delivering such a great handheld. 4 years in and the screen and games can still impress even when compared to some current mobile games.

Consumer

Huge waste of money for a western gamer like me. The vita was DOA from the moment Sony reduced its specs in order to make the price more affordable -- big mistake on their part. Also a mistake to overprice the memory cards, giving the vita 4GB default.

I suppose if you're a fan of those wacky japanese JRPGs or indies that're already on PS4 then the vita has value, but otherwise it's a waste of money & potential.

shmoglish

Happy Birthday.

Bought my Vita two years ago (Tearaway bundle). Still in love with her. Remoteplay, indiemachine, for jrpgs and Psonegames. Great handheld.

It's that shambling zombie corpse that just refuses to get its brains blown out. Here's to another four years you dead-but-not-really-but-sort-of console you!

it died in sony's eyes 3 1/2 years ago, right now we've just cradling the dying animal and trying to spoon feed it indie game telling it everything will be okay

Quocia

Neo Member
Well it does mean death
But still, I also bought it for Persona 4 and I'm glad I did. Still enjoying it

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Just think that it is basically a gaming iPad 2/iPhone 4s (identical CPU and nearly identical GPU) crazy how far technology has moved since then.

BreakAtmo

The Vita owns so much. I've been playing it for hours each day - Dissidia Duodecim admittedly, but it's a lot better on the Vita than the PSP. Still gotta play Freedom Wars...

Zalman

I haven't touched mine since Danganronpa 2. Maybe I would play it more if I could get a bigger memory card for much cheaper.

I'm really happy with it. It's kind of amazing how it has spent most of its life not selling in the West but is still seeing third party software support for the foreseeable future.

Looking forward to more Falcom games, VNs and indies. And the occasional mainline Super Robot Wars.

areal

Near-perfect hardware and the best way to play a bunch of indie games. Japanese day-one console still going strong.

Never stop playing.

Only 4 years old, but still has a decent amount of games coming. Just got my Trails in Cold Steel shipping email this morning, and these past few months have seen enough releases that my Vita is always close by.

pa22word

1361072474_6015067182_c0a6fd0e8f.jpg

Well, at least Trails of Cold Steel is out soon, though god knows whether or not we'll ever see the sequel....

Other than (one game, at that) Falcom and portable Ninja Gaiden this system has been pretty bad, and probably the worst overall since the modern era (roughly 6th gen) began.

Next years going to be great with Danganronpa V3 and Zero Time Dilemma.
Not sure if im going to buy Project Setsuna, DQ Builders and World of FF on Vita or PS4 yet.

I was very hesitant to buy one because I knew going in that it would be used mostly for PSP and PS1 games, which my PSP could already do. It still is. I only have a dozen or so actual Vita games. But good damn games, and the machine is sexy enough to warrant the upgrade over the PSP even without them.

It's not as good as the 3DS, but both systems are the best ones Sony and Nintendo have ever put together, IMO. Great generation for portable gaming.

Fuck the proprietary memory cards tho.

Banzai

The vita was worth it to me for Spelunky alone.
And then I can also play P4, FF7-10, Terraria and many more so...awesome console.

Luq

Happy birthday! It wasnt the greatest console hit ever but im still tempted to pick it up at some time... i love indie games and this one seems like a perfect fit for it :) If they will bring Starbound on it - it's a instabuy for me.

HotHamBoy

Secret best system. My goddamn desert island console for sure. What it lacks in the almighty exclusives it more than makes up for in catalogue quality, functionality, quantity and value. Although I speak more as a fan of indies and old school japanese titles and not so much this moe moe dungeon crawler/titty brawler garbage that it's plagued with. You can play PS One, PSP, and Vita games (which includes a huge selection of PC & PS4 indies) and many times at no extra cost because of PS Plus or cross-buy (assuming you have a PS3 and/or PS4.) As an accessory to PS4 you can remote play, watch streams, cross-system party chat, continue cross-saves of applicable console games, use it as an additional controller, use PS Now... They even have the PS TV down to around $30 now at most places if you want to play Vita or remote play your PS4 on another TV.

It's really too bad about the memory cards. It's a massive barrier for so many yet the Vita practically ought be included in the PS4 box for what a fantastic companion hardware it is.

Also, fuck you Nintendo. My Wii U and 3DS continue to gather dust.

Top Bottom