• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2017 |OT| Playing Trauma Center in Space and Hollywood

Tiu Neo

Build 06

So, Sento goest to work just when it interests him. And of course, they're manipulating him. So, yeah, Gentoku is either Night Rogue or a red herring that's working for him.

That dragon pet/probable henshin device? isn't the best choice for an infiltration mission. But it was pretty useful as a medic, I guess.

javadoze

-Banjou's development has been great to watch, especially this episode. He even has two toys of his own! I can tell by the time he gets his belt, it'll feel rightfully earned.

-In a line of Rider staples coming back for Build we get the "underneath the kindness, he's lonely" line describing Sento.

-BloodStalk doesn't seem like a powerful villain that'll live past 5 episodes, but all the while, he's entertaining as hell. I'll miss him when he's gone.

-Preview:
I was wondering when we'd see Knight Rogue's face actor. I'm curious if there'll be other Smash Commanders in the other districts, though.

WarRock

Did they imply Stalk and Rogue still are learning about their own powers? So, everything is pretty recent, despite the Sky Wall incident?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
g1qawf.gif

nsy4rh.gif

1gdkzj.gif

javadoze

New quarterly Build toy catalog scans are out

I was wondering if Build was going to introduce at least 1-2 more rider(s) as per recent trends.

From the way things are going in the show, I'm guessing Kamen Rider Rogue is how KnightRogue will raise his hazard level to match Build's own RabbitTank Hazard form. Speaking of which, the mostly-black suit with colored eyes looks slick. I'm guessing this will be a more dangerous, temporary powerup.

Interesting how the rest of the riders don't use the Build Driver, instead, making use of the new ScrushDriver that makes use of... jellies?

KR Grease is anybody's guess. I'm guessing he might be Gentoku's assistant or someone hailing from one of the other districts.

WarRock

@scans
....so Ryuuga's head is going to spill jelly to form the dragon mask?
Crocodile/Rogue looks completely symmetrical, while Rogue and Stalk are opposite asymmetrical hmmmm.

So many forms and combinations, it's like they combined Fourze/Drive with OOO.

ahdurian

@scans

i feel like the new Riders may be from Hokuto / Seito.
maybe the use of the new driver means it's agents from one of those sides? like Hokuto Seito worked together to make the new driver to compete against Touto's?

Tiu Neo

Kyuranger 33

Of course, the best place to hide Orion would be Gaim's planet, where Hibiki trained many years ago. And I don't know why Lucky doesn't use his godlike Orion form all the time. It's probably the same reason most Riders don't really use their final form all the time. Well, this time it was needed for dramatic impact, I guess.

I liked this monster's power. Some pretty funny scenes. The roll call was cool too. Orion Battle ship and it's robot form are op as hell. I just wish they went a bit more classic-er with the robot form, since it's a single vehicle robot like some of the older ones, but eh, it's not that bad.

...so, if the Orion never was destroyed, Xiao would be frozen forever?

And damn, Kyuranger loves turning it's antagonistic rangers, be it from mind control or simply because they are. Stinger, Naga and now Champ.

Boss Doggie

Why is no one mentioning that the scans
never mention anything about Stalk? Is he Grease or will he die first?

His hair has been like that since he was rescued by Build.

Yeah, pretty hard to notice but it's there in certain angles.

Kyuranger 33

Of course, the best place to hide Orion would be Gaim's planet, where Hibiki trained many years ago. And I don't know why Lucky doesn't use his godlike Orion form all the time. It's probably the same reason most Riders don't really use their final form all the time. Well, this time it was needed for dramatic impact, I guess.

I liked this monster's power. Some pretty funny scenes. The roll call was cool too. Orion Battle ship and it's robot form are op as hell. I just wish they went a bit more classic-er with the robot form, since it's a single vehicle robot like some of the older ones, but eh, it's not that bad.

...so, if the Orion never was destroyed, Xiao would be frozen forever?

And damn, Kyuranger loves turning it's antagonistic rangers, be it from mind control or simply because they are. Stinger, Naga and now Champ.

The plant in Build was also the same place where they found Jellyfish Amazon.

WarRock

most probably
he's going to be the mid boss defeated before the first half ends
though it's possible
crocodile is a fusion between stalk/rogue - if a DBZ fusion or just driver salvaging, I dunno

javadoze

Kyu 33

Yosha Luckys this episode: 5
Yosha Luckys overall (without ep12 inflation): 129
Yosha Lucky's overall (with ep12 inflation): 257

Battle Orion Ship is pretty awesome (and wow, Kyuranger isn't stopping with these inserts).

Have to say, though, the MotW plot here felt really unnecessary with Xiao's return and the Battle Orion Ship debut. Felt like there was enough material to go on already.

BloodStalk will (probably) die off first as an act one villain of sorts. He's also just a VA/suit-villain compared to KnightRogue who has face actor proper.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Kyuranger 33

Orion Battler looks so good. Hell, most of the mechs this season have been great. Thanks BoA!
Getting a personality change in there was nice, those are always fun. Letting the actors stretch their range.

Build 6

Damn Sento, you can be scary.
Great character moments in this one, seeing Sento and Banjou somewhat become friends.
We'll add that ending to the Die Set Down pile.

Boss Doggie

Yeah I got that vibe too, which sucks because I like Tony Stalk more than Rogue.

Also apparently it's Kamen Rider Cross, at least from the image element of the site. Makes sense with the puns (cross counter).

shaowebb

Man the teeth on the new character from ep 5 and 6 in Kamen Rider Build...I truly hope those are fake because that guy looks like he can chew corn through a picket fence. Really well made fake teeth if not because they did a lot of open mouth shots from odd angles and that stuff looked too real. Hope I'm wrong. Fun character at least if they keep him around.

I'm really enjoying Kamen Rider Build so far. Been awhile since a show felt right to me. I just couldn't get past the awful suits in the last series sadly. Pupils on a mask are terrible.

Boss Doggie

Man the teeth on the new character from ep 5 and 6 in Kamen Rider Build...I truly hope those are fake because that guy looks like he can chew corn through a picket fence. Really well made fake teeth if not because they did a lot of open mouth shots from odd angles and that stuff looked too real. Hope I'm wrong. Fun character at least if they keep him around.

I'm really enjoying Kamen Rider Build so far. Been awhile since a show felt right to me. I just couldn't get past the awful suits in the last series sadly. Pupils on a mask are terrible.
Japan doesn't have good dental care, and it has cultural stuff with it.

Boss Doggie

Orthodontist are banned there?

Dental care is apparently expensive, and crooked/broken teeth are seen as either cute or beautiful, though in this case it's meant for comedy. It's why in anime you sometimes see fanged characters being shown as cute.

Oh, I knew it was familiar. It's just they repeat some locations so much, that I didn't really remember when I saw that.

also where Cronus was fought too, actually I realized they used that area quite frequently since the Jellyfish Amazons episode

it's doubly hilarious when Banjou got poisoned today, like his lysogenic infection is starting lol

delSai

Some Climax Fighters news, not worth making a new thread for: Has both Ranked, where points are on the line, and Player matches.

Ghost can float and is immune to attacks for a bit during it. Omega Drive Grateful is his finisher.
W can switch to Fang mid match and get some health back by doing so.
Den-O can cancel moves by switching between his 4 forms.
Hibiki can mash buttons during Kurenai form to get more damage from his sound based specials.
Ryuki can summon his dragon to attack or guard him.

Source

Stuart444

Kyuranger 33

Good ep, loved the personality change. Especially Balance hahaha. Naga doing the whole look at the Camera thing while Commander talks was funny as well (not to mention his wake up scene was funny)

Fun ep anyway.

Need folks to get working on
the theme references for these Best Matches from the catalog

Wolf / Smartphone = Smapho Wolf Form
Unicorn / Eraser = Uni Raser Form
Scorpion / Gold = Gold Scorpion Form
Tora / UFO = Tora UFO Form
Kujira / Jet = Kujira Jet Form
Turtle / Watch = Turtle Watch Form
Shika / Pyramid = Shika Mid Form
Kirin / Senpuki = Kirin Cyclone Form
Penguin / Skateboard = Penguin Skater Form

Kyuranger 33

Good ep, loved the personality change. Especially Balance hahaha. Naga doing the whole look at the Camera thing while Commander talks was funny as well (not to mention his wake up scene was funny)

Fun ep anyway.

The Naga bit was a call back to the pegasus kyutama episode. The whole scene was.

Tiu Neo

The only thing that comes to my mind on the first one is Gaoranger, Silver Henshin device was a Wolf Phone.

Scorpion/Gold reminds me of Lamy/Scorpina?

Last one is a Gekiranger reference, probably? Michelle Peng's test was a skateboarding competition.

...that's what I got right now.

javadoze

Something I missed about the new Build scans...

...It took me until now to realize that ScrushDriver Claws/Cross/Close/Clothes is actually a new form while the previous one shown used the Build Driver.

In that case, now I wonder why Banjou gets the new belt while Sento sticks with the BuildDriver?

I guess it'll be another Gaim situation where most of the other riders upgrade to a new driver while our main character has something to match (the 2nd lockseed plate, or in Build's case, the Hazard Trigger.)

Slayven

I mean come on old man
Wolf oprhenoch...faiz?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
The only thing that comes to my mind on the first one is Gaoranger, Silver Henshin device was a Wolf Phone.

Scorpion/Gold reminds me of Lamy/Scorpina?

Last one is a Gekiranger reference, probably? Michelle Peng's test was a skateboarding competition.

...that's what I got right now.

Don't forget gekipenguin has a surfboard

Boss Doggie

Rabbit Tank Sparking

iiYYMit.png

that is one ugly can

KujiraJet may be a Godzilla/Jet Jaguar reference?

It will be if we get GORILLA/KUJIRA BEST MATCH

also I know this place isn't fond of Linkara (I actually like his tokusatsu reviews since they're not grating - longwinded rants aside, but I'm particularly talking about his Zyuranger and Gokaiger reviews), but he's gonna review Fourze 1-4 as a patreon-sponsored review (Nov 27th episode).

Tiu Neo

Rabbit Tank Sparking

iiYYMit.png

that is one ugly can

It will be if we get GORILLA/KUJIRA BEST MATCH

also I know this place isn't fond of Linkara (I actually like his tokusatsu reviews since they're not grating - longwinded rants aside, but I'm particularly talking about his Zyuranger and Gokaiger reviews), but he's gonna review Fourze 1-4 as a patreon-sponsored review (Nov 27th episode).

Well, the belt is the weakest part of the costume, this just makes it a bit worse.

And I'm kinda interested in Linkara's review. He never reviewed Kamen Rider before, right? But only 4 episodes is too little, it's about two arcs? Oh well, you can already get a good feeling of what Fourze is about in those, I guess.

Boss Doggie

Well, the belt is the weakest part of the costume, this just makes it a bit worse.

And I'm kinda interested in Linkara's review. He never reviewed Kamen Rider before, right? But only 4 episodes is too little, it's about two arcs? Oh well, you can already get a good feeling of what Fourze is about in those, I guess.

that's not the final painting of the toy but the molding is pretty much final iirc so yeah it is kinda unwieldy.

Fourze 1-4 goes up to Miu joining the gang. And he hasn't reviewed an KR related material, not even Masked Rider. The first two eps already introduces Fourze quickly as the rest of the early eps are "building" KRC.

NeonZ

So Sparking is the Fang, Drago Timer, Dragon hunter, etc of Build?

It's the Jinba/Deadheat/Boost/Mighty Brothers X. Comparing with W doesn't work well, since he was missing one upgrade compared to the most recent Riders. And Wizard is odd since his Kachidoki/Formula/Grateful/MMX equivalent, the All Dragon form, only was used twice (and only once before the final form's debut).

Mr-Joker

Banned
Kyuranger 33;

Good episode and Hammy actress is just so cute in her twisted form.

Build 06

Man Build just gets better and better and I like how they are slowly building, heh heh, Banjou so when he gets his belt he will have earn it to take on the mantle of being a Kamen Rider.

I also like how Build's jewel actually has a function as they have always been a part of Kamen Rider but I have always wonder why.

Rabbit Tank Sparking

iiYYMit.png

In looking at the belt it seems kinda basic and simple, I like that.

Fourze 1-4 goes up to Miu joining the gang. And he hasn't reviewed an KR related material, not even Masked Rider. The first two eps already introduces Fourze quickly as the rest of the early eps are "building" KRC.

4 episode is way too short to get a full grasp on the show, so he's gonna mess up badly in his "review."

Tiu Neo

4 episode is way too short to get a full grasp on the show, so he's gonna mess up badly in his "review."

While I think he'll miss a lot, the core of the series is already there. Gen has to befriend people, uses the power of friendship to do things.

But yeah, it would be better if he watched at least up to when the team (maybe except for Meteor) was fully assembled. But that would be a lot more episodes to watch, I guess.

Boss Doggie

So Sparking is the Fang, Drago Timer, Dragon hunter, etc of Build?
It's the Jinba/Deadheat/Boost/Mighty Brothers X. Comparing with W doesn't work well, since he was missing one upgrade compared to the most recent Riders. And Wizard is odd since his Kachidoki/Formula/Grateful/MMX equivalent, the All Dragon form, only was used twice (and only once before the final form's debut).

W, OOO and Fourze didn't have that, I think even pre-Decade heisei didn't too.

Since Gaim, I think, toys upgrades are released quarterly. They're called Q2, Q3 and Q4 upgrades. Q2 starts around January, Q3 at around March or April I think, and Q4 at around June.

I'm contemplating if Wizard should count - since he has Dragon and Dragon Time, I thought the two are different upgrades, but apparently Dragon forms didn't have separate toys?

In looking at the belt it seems kinda basic and simple, I like that.

I thought it was the same belt, the can is the new thing (rather than bottles).

Also four is fine if it's to get the feel of the show, since the first two episodes should be enough to get the tone of the show. The succeeding eps are more of joining KRC anyway.

While I think he'll miss a lot, the core of the series is already there. Gen has to befriend people, uses the power of friendship to do things.

But yeah, it would be better if he watched at least up to when the team (maybe except for Meteor) was fully assembled. But that would be a lot more episodes to watch, I guess.

The main points of the show are delivered in the first two eps iirc - like the general goal, the villain, Gen's character, the setting, etc.

Boss Doggie

Also it only counts for the main rider of course, secondaries rarely follow the quarterly format.

I think the only one that followed was... Brave of all people. And only because they had to use a movie upgrade to integrate into the main series.

Rabbit Tank Sparking

iiYYMit.png

that is one ugly can.
I hate this and the pouch gimmick so much. The full bottles were so neat, too.
Maybe I'm just biased due to Ex-Aid's Gashats and W's Memory gimmick. :/

Oh, and Build is awesome and the suit designs are cool and the story is good and everything is yes.

Top Bottom