• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Game Show predictions

Three days left.
Hirai's keynote will be 1030 - 1200 Japan time.

No doubt there will be a liveblog but is anyone going to be streaming?

edito. first person to say Dreamcast 2 gets a slap.

Captain N

I really do think if we don't see Final Fantasy VII now it really isn't being worked on..at least not for a while.

I can see it being done on the PsP though...maybe even release it on the PsP, DS, PS3 all around the same time.

Some other things I can see coming from TGS are....

Resident Evil PsP
Devil May Cry PsP
Tons of new Wii stuff

Lobster

Banned
Tons of DS and Wii support, 360 and Ps3 multiplat support.

Square will pimp the shit out of FFVII:CC and have an hour long presentation on FFVII..No remake will be announced. New dildo potion will be announced.

Tecmo will pimp NG2 obviously, will be awesome.

Capcom will pimp RE:UC, We Love Golf and Zack and Wiki for Wii. LOTS of focus on RE:5 (might be game of the show)

Sony will..dunno :\

Microsoft umm..Mass Effect and Too Human?

Biggest game of the show will probably be DQIX for DS.

Ooh TGS is this wednesday isn't it?!

Any times for conferences? (GMT would be a big plus for me!) Is anyone hosting them live?

Oh yeah and I predict huge DS support, a surprising amount of PSP support, some Wii support (Less than PSP though) and almost nothing new for PS3/360 (Tales of being the exception as the next proper Tales game will probably be PS3 exclusive and made by Team Symphonia!)

IzumiK

Banned
Dizzan said:
Firmware 2.0...... downloadable after the show.

Dualshock 3 with FF in the sticks.

Junior can't make threads. I think they already confirmed Dualshock 3, I think. Kotaku has the news from 1up or something.

llTll

Banned
Nuclear Muffin said:
Ooh TGS is this wednesday isn't it?!

Any times for conferences? (GMT would be a big plus for me!) Is anyone hosting them live?

what? TGS is in Wednesday?

are u sure? i thought its like the 21st

marwan

Banned
-i'll be devastated if they don't announce the Dual Shock 3 for the PS3....i want rumble dammit!

-anyways, Gran Turismo PSP please!

-and i want them to cancel DMC4 on the 360 and keep it PS3 exclusive like it always has been!

-Announcing 40GB PS3.

EDIT: it would be funny as hell if the Dual Shock 3 looks like the PS3 prototype controller:

smallish_boomerang.jpg

Lobster

Banned
marwan said:
-i'll be devastated if they don't announce the Dual Shock 3 for the PS3....i want rumble dammit!

-and i want them to cancel DMC4 on the 360 and keep it PS3 exclusive like it always has been!

-Announcing 40GB PS3.

why? Its not going to make the game any worse.

Dizzan

MINI Member
IzumiK said:
Junior can't make threads. I think they already confirmed Dualshock 3, I think. Kotaku has the news from 1up or something.

Yeah they have. Shane confirmed it on 1up yours.

And I'm dreaming about 2.0 and ff in the sticks but it would be nice. Hopefully they at least demo the features in 2.0.

Darji

Banned
LBP Enemies and WKS and Heavy Rain!!!!! That and Star Ocean 4 baby. I really think that this will be one of the best TGS ever^^

Ups totally forgot Yakuza 3^^

marwan

Banned
it would be nice once they announce the dual shock 3, developers would update their older games with vibration....i doubt it would happen, but a vibration patch for Ninja Gaiden Sigma/Motorstom would totally rock!

antiloop

Darji said:
LBP Enemies and WKS and Heavy Rain!!!!! That and Star Ocean 4 baby. I really think that this will be one of the best TGS ever^^

Ups totally forgot Yakuza 3^^

Yep.

And Afrika.

S

Shepherd

Unconfirmed Member
marwan said:

-Announcing 40GB PS3.

EDIT: it would be funny as hell if the Dual Shock 3 looks like the PS3 prototype controller:

smallish_boomerang.jpg

That is some fucked up fanboy shit right there.

Prediction:
Rumble and $399 PS3.

Brofist

Would they announce a US price drop at a Japanese game show? A 40,000 yen Japanese price point would be nice, but I don't think it'll happen yet.

pswii60

Loudninja said:
They will show 2 seconds of new footage, than we will not see it again until next TGS

.. at which point they will say the game has changed direction and will be an online-only multiplayer game in the vein of Turok multiplayer, but with safari animals instead of dinosaurs.

mr_bishiuk said:
4 Sku's in one year would be some sort of record!

Actually more than that if you count that PAL PS3 lacks BC.

wsippel

Banned
I predict/ expect/ wouldn't be surprised to see:

- A few Wii Fit clones
- Mikami/ Suda joint project will be announced
- New Wii game by Image Epoch
- First game by Seeds will be announced
- Lots and lots of new DS games

Already? It's this week?!

My prediction will be is that more fireworks will fly compared to lamE3.

And tons and tons of new crap Wii games. In fact, there will be so much of them that nongames will blot out the sun.

PS3 price drop for Japan.

marwan said:

-Announcing 40GB PS3.

smallish_boomerang.jpg

1) they are too busy with the PS3 versions

2) Impossible seeings as it trailered at the MS press conference

3) They have to do something otherwise they are going to get royally trounced this holiday by Wii and 360

antiloop

mr_bishiuk said:
1) they are too busy with the PS3 versions

2) Impossible seeings as it trailered at the MS press conference

3) They have to do something otherwise they are going to get royally trounced this holiday by Wii and 360

Although Famitsu (I think it was) reported that GT PSP would be out before GT5 PS3. :)

jiggle

Ivalice Alliance: Vagrant Story PSP

Afrika MMO

.Hack MMORPG

Geomancer for FFXI

Space Channel 5 3

Breath of Fire VI

Eternal Arcadia 2

Klonoa 3

Dark Cloud 3

Dreamcast 2.

And so shall it sell more than 200 million times and make Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft cry.

It shall be the redeemer of gaming. So is it written and so will it happen.

why do Fanboys always have to snipe.

All new games for any platform are a benefit to the whole industry, as soon as you guys get off the school playground and realise this. the better!

DSWii60

Klaxon said:
Dreamcast 2.

And so shall it sell more than 200 million times and make Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft cry.

It shall be the redeemer of gaming. So is it written and so will it happen.

*slaps Klaxon*

Read the OP.

Top Bottom