• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Game Show predictions

Darji

Banned
DefectiveReject said:
why do Fanboys always have to snipe.

All new games for any platform are a benefit to the whole industry, as soon as you guys get off the school playground and realise this. the better!
why fanboy? Are you really thinking that M$ will play a role at tgs?

Jijidasu

I'm expecting to see SE's new MMO. It was mentioned recently in an article somewhere that in the near future we'd see something or hear something atleast.

Other than the obvious, I'm expecting some hot booth babes.

Nolan.

I kind of agree with Ms not being important at tgs every year that seems more and more evident. As for a FFVII announcement whilst it's possible square is already packed nearly to the brim with other projects. They're yet to release media on a lot of those projects and do they have enough teams to announce even more projects or dedicate people to. Especially since FFVII would be very important. I'm not expecting anything big from tgs just to see what WKS looks like up and running.

Amir0x

Banned
Everything everyone wants won't happen, exchanged for everything the videogame companies say you want instead. Which you won't want.

Darji

Banned
Lobster said:
Why not? Just because they don't matter in Japan doesn't meant they can't show off games.
and you think they will? They had their conference. We saw a bit LO and Ninja gaiden 2. Maybe it was awesome for the western fans but not for Japan.

Sorry to destroy your hopes but between SE and Level 5 (playable WKS) LO will bomb totally.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I'm just hoping that Capcom shows a new fighting game (doubtful with Basara X already almost done) and SNK finally shows KOF XII (also doubtful since if anything, they'll show KOF '98 Ultimate Match.)

Amir0x

Banned
Lyte Edge said:
I'm just hoping that Capcom shows a new fighting game (doubtful with Basara X already almost done) and SNK finally shows KOF XII (also doubtful since if anything, they'll show KOF '98 Ultimate Match.)

Capcom has that TGS website, and didn't they already unveil what their other three "Secret" games were? It was some really lame things...

Darji

Banned
Amir0x said:
Capcom has that TGS website, and didn't they already unveil what their other three "Secret" games were? It was some really lame things...
that cant be all or? I mean they need to show MH3. ....

Nolan.

Amir0x said:
Everything everyone wants won't happen, exchanged for everything the videogame companies say you want instead. Which you won't want.

In that case I most definately don't want a FFVI or Secret of mana remake of any kind Square.

ram

- new ps3 modell (40gb hdd)
- monster hunter 3
- new team ico project
- new sony japan stuff
- some psn games
- more infos @ features of gt5P

Amir0x

Banned
Darji said:
that cant be all or? I mean they need to show MH3. ....

I don't know how these companies work, so there may be more, I just know there was that "three secret games" things and it turned out to be like Vice City Stories and two other lame things

Loudninja

Amir0x said:
I don't know how these companies work, so there may be more, I just know there was that "three secret games" things and it turned out to be like Vice City Stories and two other lame things

Those 3 were never confirmed , I still wait.

rakka

Amir0x said:

I'm pretty sure there will be a couple titles we don't know about.

camineet

Banned
maybe, arcade hardware based on PS3, Wii and 360. even though one would expect that at an arcade show.

The Capcom Three will include one megaton game that pleases most. the other 2 will be meh.

RE5 continues to impress.

Nintendo offers a few blurbs on Zelda for Wii.

Final Fantasy VII is denied again but SE says they won't rule it out.

Sega announces new classics series of MODEL 2, MODEL 3 games for 360, PS3 and Wii.
Sega CD for VC.

Gran Turismo 5 is killer.

eve241

Matsuno said:
- New Panzer Dragoon
- Team Ico new game

haveadream.jpg

PS:I've finally succumbed to picture reply trend... :(

Steroyd

pswii60 said:
Piyotama 2

There needs to be a Piyotama 1 on the freaking Euro store first.
Infact there needs to be a freaking Super Puzzle Fighter 2 in the Euro store.

I can never guess what happens at TGS, but i'll pin my hopes on Team ICO's project to be announced only to be disappointed.

Amir0x

Banned
Darji said:
didnt say say that it will be 3 huge announcements? You cant call Vice city stories huge^^

well i doubt Capcom would have said 'there will be 3 tiny forgettable announcements'

I suppose Banjo 3 is potentially a big announcement for the Japanese market. Perhaps some more Viva Pinata DS, Blue Dragon DS?

5il3nc3r

Since Bioware is a western developer they probably won't reveal this at TGS but I hope to see the Sonic RPG that they are making. Just the idea of a Bioware style rpg applied to a Sonic game is difficult to imagine so it'll be interesting to see how they pull it off.

Darkman M

Darji said:
and you think they will? They had their conference. We saw a bit LO and Ninja gaiden 2. Maybe it was awesome for the western fans but not for Japan.

Sorry to destroy your hopes but between SE and Level 5 (playable WKS) LO will bomb totally.

Or maybe your just a fanboy?

Wollan

• DualShock 3
• Afrika fully demonstrated
• White Knight Story is given a date for late spring in Japan
• Something will be announced in regards to a new PS3 sku or price in Japan
• New Home features demonstrated, cosplay outfits and alternative to gamerscore

wsippel

Banned
Amir0x said:
well i doubt Capcom would have said 'there will be 3 tiny forgettable announcements'
Capcom basically said that there will be no interesting announcements at all. At least that's what Capcom USA said.

Busty

Banned
In short, I think that there will be surprises. Lots of surprises. TGS will be all about the PS3 simply because Sony have no choice but to pull out all the stops to 'win' the event.

I think what we've heard and seen so far (Yakuza3 and Bumpy Trot) will be the tip of the iceberg in terms of announcements.

My own thoughts are.....

- Despite SE's own enclosed theatre expect Sony to talk up (and perhaps 'show')their 'special' relationship with SE and maybe talk about the White Engine.

- Sony Japan announce in both PR and trailer/video form several big first and second party titles for the PS3 for the next 18/24 months much like they did at E3 05. One of which will be from Level5.
...a sequel to Dark Cloud called Dark Mist ?

- PSP to get an original spin off of an established franchise...
Soul Caliber or DMC maybe?

- PS3 gets a first party MMO announced.
....perhaps Sony trying to emulate World of Warcraft for their own audience?

- Another big third party exclusive for the PS3 will be announced.
Monster Hunter3 ? ...really only because that would be a massive hardware seller for Sony and that's what they need right now

- A million smaller PSN titles announced as well........
Sony trademarked alot of variations of EchoChrome like EchoSepia. Perhaps 'echo' could be a prefix for a new range or label of PSN puzzle games

Wollan

Busty said:
I believe they will advertise White Knight Story as this, as a huge online rpg game. The next step up from PSO if you wish by Level 5. I would even go as far as to maybe predict LAN play on the floor. No fees but purchasable stuff like new missions/levels/outfits..etc.

Loudninja

Busty said:
In short, I think that there will be surprises. Lots of surprises. TGS will be all about the PS3 simply because Sony have no choice but to pull out all the stops to 'win' the event.

I think what we've heard and seen so far (Yakuza3 and Bumpy Trot) will be the tip of the iceberg in terms of announcements.

My own thoughts are.....

- Despite SE's own enclosed theatre expect Sony to talk up (and perhaps 'show')their 'special' relationship with SE and maybe talk about the White Engine.

- Sony Japan announce in both PR and trailer/video form several big first and second party titles for the PS3 for the next 18/24 months much like they did at E3 05. One of which will be from Level5.
...a sequel to Dark Cloud called Dark Mist ?

- PSP to get an original spin off of an established franchise...
Soul Caliber or DMC maybe?

....perhaps Sony trying to emulate World of Warcraft for their own audience?

- Another big third party exclusive for the PS3 will be announced.
Monster Hunter3 ? ...really only because that would be a massive hardware seller for Sony and that's what they need right now

- A million smaller PSN titles announced as well........
Sony trademarked alot of variations of EchoChrome like EchoSepia. Perhaps 'echo' could be a prefix for a new range or label of PSN puzzle games

Yeah, there will be alot of big stuff for Sony :D

Doc Evils

Wollan said:
• DualShock 3
• Afrika fully demonstrated
• White Knight Story is given a date for late spring in Japan
• Something will be announced in regards to a new PS3 sku or price in Japan
• New Home features demonstrated, cosplay outfits and alternative to gamerscore

I vote for this.

Top Bottom