• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 DARKZONE & ROGUE GAMEPLAY.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

from yt:

Short little preview that the channel Xbox On showed, They deleted their original video so I’m not sure they wanted this to been seen yet and this video may get taken down.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
looks just like division 1 with a different map. i'll hold off for reviews before buying it. division 1 was fun for a while but i'll wait and see if they have learnt from their mistakes.

TechS3ek

Neo Member
dv2 lost that WOW factor as compare to the first one. i wish they'd have gone to a more futuristic time with exoskeleton and robots.. fighting in the cities.

Winter John

Gold Member
I don't understand why anyone would spend $60 on this when drugs, hookers, ammunition, illegal fireworks and cheap booze are all readily available, and provide much more rewarding life experiences than buying a Ubisoft product.

pr0cs

I still think the snowy Manhattan locale is going to be really hard to beat, some of the effects certainly in the survival mode were absolutely stellar for the sense of immersion.
Everything I've seen from division 2 makes me think of ghost recon, jungles, bright, no real sense of isolation and dread.
I loved the division, tbh I'm a massive dev fanboy so I'm still interested but I haven't seen anything yet that suggests I need to play this anywhere near launch

JCK75

I could understand getting suckered into buying the first one, but it will blow my mind if anyone is dumb enough to spend money on a sequel.

Raven117

Oh, I’m interested. I enjoyed the campaign of D1 enough to want to give the second a try.

I kinda wish they went with another locale. DC ripped up has been done. So many other options...::

Yeah. The snowy NY setting is one of the best environments and atmospheres of any game I've played.

I understand why they didn't do it again, though. Hope this one finds a way to exceed expectations.

dispensergoinup

Gold Member
Enjoyed the campaign of the first one as well, and most of the group stuff with friends. Didn't do much of Dark Zone or Endgame so I'll be buying this once I see that they've got some beefy SP/PVE stuff too.

Also really don't appreciate being called 'dumb' for buying games like this. I get that you don't like the game but to crap on your own fellow gamers for buying something they enjoy is downright immature. Grow up.

Orpheum

I didn't like the first one at all (granted i only played the demo) it just felt...off, sloppy movement and aiming, bullet sponge enemies, it just wasn't fun for me. This one doesn't look much different so i'll pass. At least they've gotten away from the snowy bullcrap so that's a plus.

AnotherOne

After investing over 869 hours in Division 1 have to be honest I'm not liking what I see so far..but I'll have to get my hands on it to make my final judgment. I'm definetly not liking the shock ammo, smaller dark zone sections, checkpoint turrets just to name a few.

Bolivar687

Banned
Although the Last of Us aesthetic has run its course, I still think a lot of people are underestimating this game.

I was a huge supporter of Destiny 1, but I could never touch it again after the Division and how it fundamentally cracked the code of a multiplayer loot-based shooter. What distinguished the two was the way Massive successfully implemented the MMORPG formula of the holy trinity: tank, healing, and DPS. It doesn't shoehorn you into these archetypes, and there's a lot of customization synergy with the weapons. But to succeed in the higher difficulty missions, you really have to buy in to the teamwork that you would in a WoW instance dungeon.

Although the gunplay and roleplaying were fantastic, the game definitely hit a brick wall once you completed the story. However, the state that the game is in now, with the selection of game modes, weekly incentivization, gear sets, monthly events, and the way everything in the base game has been iterated upon, has perfected what the loot based shooter is trying to do this generation.

It looks like almost everything Massive learned and implemented in the three years they've worked in the Division is now going to be offered upfront in the day 1 package, and so I'm really high on the Division 2. We haven't seen Survival yet, the most intense and pure distillation of the Division's concept, but given that just about everything else is here suggests it will probably come shortly after launch. Even then, I wouldn't put it past Massive to be holding this close to the chest, and if that comes on day 1 as well, it's really going to push this game over the top.

No one is going to miss Manhattan more than me, but I think this game is going to offer a gameplay experience that's absolutely unbeatable.

Gamer tag radio just did a podcast with the devs all about the dark zone and other improvements. It was a good listen, about ~35 minutes.

I have a question that may be stupid,. but, well that never stops me anyway.

Will the people who felt alienated by The Dark Zone in the first game be able to get into it in the sequel? Is enough changed, expanded on, is it more inviting, etc? Or are people who aren't prone to PvP enjoyment just never going to like what The Dark Zone is all about?

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
It’s almost impossible to understand what the hell is going on in the maps shown. Too much clutter, makes it impossible!

I don't understand why anyone would spend $60 on this when drugs, hookers, ammunition, illegal fireworks and cheap booze are all readily available, and provide much more rewarding life experiences than buying a Ubisoft product.

Well dang don't ruin the entire hobby for us.

zeorhymer

"At first glance, many of these changes seem to lessen the risk and ensuing dread that was synonymous with the Dark Zone. While that's certainly true to an extent, it also serves as a sampling for what's to come during the end-game."

PvP is end game? I'm out.

"At first glance, many of these changes seem to lessen the risk and ensuing dread that was synonymous with the Dark Zone. While that's certainly true to an extent, it also serves as a sampling for what's to come during the end-game."

PvP is end game? I'm out.

I thought they had learned their lesson

wenaldy

At least they implemented floaty heavy movement and emphasized cover shooter. No more chicken dance during encounter 😋

Last edited:
Not gonna lie. I’m getting a little hyped.

I felt Division improved dramatically with updates over time.

If they launch this in at least as “full” a state as Division 1 is now then we should be golden. Don’t pull a Destiny 2, please

Xiaoki

Not gonna lie. I’m getting a little hyped.

I felt Division improved dramatically with updates over time.

If they launch this in at least as “full” a state as Division 1 is now then we should be golden. Don’t pull a Destiny 2, please
The updates for The Division were roller coaster. They would add new features and fix bugs but introduce new problems.

And stat balance for armor sets were all over the place, mostly because of PvP.

I thought they finally got it right with update 1.4, but then they lost it only to get it back with update 1.8 and end on a high note.

I'm just hoping they don't us through another roller coaster.

Last edited:
Top Bottom