• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Frontline revealed - F2P 100-player Battle Royale [this is not a joke]

SJRB

Gold Member

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Frontline is a free-to-play, tactical-action, massive PVP shooter grounded in the renowned Ghost Recon universe. Ghost Recon Frontline features an advanced class system and large set of tactical support tools allowing for complete freedom in strategic gameplay, with multiple ways to outsmart enemy teams and win every fight.

212d75f18ddeb22c81b5412b4787151f129b0e54eada06b59e55e3d111865bd3_1.jpg

These stupid motherfuckers. Unreal. I am absolutely baffled at the bullshit on display here.

kiphalfton

Doesn't that go against the grain of the series as a whole? Isn't Ghost Recon a tactical/infiltration third person series?

Arun1910

Tried to jump on that BR money train way too late.

This is hilarious. I can't believe they thought new BRs in 2022 would be viable. This looks incredibly bland.

No Tom Clancy fan has been shouting for a BR.

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
Is this a side thing like Phantoms? Or is the GR series officially dropping single player for good like R6?

Wow, what a cunty OP (and responses for that matter).

Doesn't even seem like a straight BR from the trailer... sounds more like vaguely that Tarkov-alike zone that BF2042 also seems to be veering towards.

Anyway it doesn't look half bad, doesn't have that silly.. Skateboarder vibe of xDefiant.

Class-based, strategic as bullet points at least sounds good. Siege is one of the only FPS games out there that actually has strategic depth so hopefully they really are trying to make something along those lines.

SJRB

Gold Member
Wow, what a cunty OP (and responses for that matter).

Doesn't even seem like a straight BR from the trailer... sounds more like vaguely that Tarkov-alike zone that BF2042 also seems to be veering towards.

Anyway it doesn't look half bad, doesn't have that silly.. Skateboarder vibe of xDefiant.

Class-based, strategic as bullet points at least sounds good. Siege is one of the only FPS games out there that actually has strategic depth so hopefully they really are trying to make something along those lines.

82612077.jpg

ManaByte

Seems like this is Siege with 3 person squads (vs 5 in Siege) and outdoor environments instead of indoors.

But people don't want to listen and instead make drive-by shitposts for points.

Venza

Banned
It could have been a triple A hardcore tactical fps or tps with tight squad commands and battles won by strategy and placement but no. Another BR out of the dozens in the market.

RaptorGTA

I feel bad for the dev's. Lot of work when in and I know the main games like Warzone, Fornite and Apex are doing well. But I don't know if this game will move a needle. Like everyone is saying here... it's 3 years too late for this game.

Ubisoft is known for open worlds that are heavy on the cpu. I wonder if this will fix that issue.
I remember being blown away when Warzone came out and COD could hold 100 players on a huge map with good performance.

Mr.ODST

actually .... if they made this a proper tactical BR shooter that would be different, something really hardcore as I think that is whats missing at the moment.

But its not ...

chixdiggit

I think it could actually work if it was like Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter. I mean that could be pretty cool with 100 player battles.
But yeah the trailer just flushes all that down the toilet.

Top Bottom