• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Frontline revealed - F2P 100-player Battle Royale [this is not a joke]

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I am not sure why Ubisoft is trying to do here:
  • Hyper Scape: Battle royale like game with custom classes like Overwatch
  • XDefiant: Arena like game with custom classes like Call of Duty and Overwatch
  • Rainbow Six: Extraction: Co-op tactical game like Left 4 Dead and Call of Duty (Sci-fi)
  • Now this Ghost Recon: Frontline: 100 player Battle royale tactical game, more like PUBG, i guess?
I don't know.. but they look incredibly similar and their premises too.Frontline seems to use AnvilNext/Ubisoft Anvil like every other game except XDefiant (Which is SnowDrop). Perhaps that explains it?
In my parody pic post last page, I posted 5 different UBI shooters (excluding The Division as thats third person). I didnt even include Breakpoint as thats basically Wildlands.

I totally forgot about Extraction. And never even knew about the game Hyper Scape.

If you included the above games I listed, thats about 10 games UBI has that are shooters.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
There aren't three. Hyperscape (which is dead) and Frontline.

XDefiant isn't BR. It's just CoD with Clancy characters.

I was thinking about The Division : Heartland on top of that. While Hyperscape is dead its still being developed, so it's just so weird that Ubisoft are trying to launch multiple of the same genre even before they officially killed off the last failed attempt.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I was thinking about The Division : Heartland on top of that. While Hyperscape is dead its still being developed, so it's just so weird that Ubisoft are trying to launch multiple of the same genre even before they officially killed off the last failed attempt.
Shotgun approach to shooting games. Something's got to stick.

- The Divsion
- Farcry
- Wildlands/Breakpoint
- RS Siege
- Frontline
- Hyper Scape
- Xdefiant
- Extraction
- Checking their site, they even got a VR shooter called Space Junkies

Next up: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six's Carnival Night Shooting Gallery

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
You mean they didnt start out as first person?

RysSCRw.jpg

No way!
Well, technically, it was first person, but there was no view model - Same as Rainbow Six. Then the later games adopted third person view - Except for the PC versions of Advanced Warfighter and Warfighter 2. The PS2/Xbox renditions of AW also were first person - Using Unreal Engine 2.5. The OG Xbox version actually looks quite nice.

But Ghost Recon 2? Wildlands? Breakpoint? The many spinoffs? All third person.
In my parody pic post last page, I posted 5 different UBI shooters (excluding The Division as thats third person). I didnt even include Breakpoint as thats basically Wildlands.

I totally forgot about Extraction. And never even knew about the game Hyper Scape.

If you included the above games I listed, thats about 10 games UBI has that are shooters.
For the humours, what games are shown in the parody? I can recognize Frontline and Far Cry, but what else?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Well, technically, it was first person, but there was no view model - Same as Rainbow Six. Then the later games adopted third person view - Except for the PC versions of Advanced Warfighter and Warfighter 2. The PS2/Xbox renditions of AW also were first person - Using Unreal Engine 2.5. The OG Xbox version actually looks quite nice.

But Ghost Recon 2? Wildlands? Breakpoint? The many spinoffs? All third person.

For the humours, what games are shown in the parody? I can recognize Frontline and Far Cry, but what else?
1. xDefiant
2. Farcry 6
3. Frontline
4. RS Siege
5. Wildlands

Vaelka

People keep memeing about these games and genres, and yet they're also the most popular and profitable.

I dunno how people can just buy and play games that are almost identical over and over again and not get extremely bored.

MiguelItUp

Ubisoft must really want a piece of the BR pie, their last BR flopped.
"Okay, so the whole futuristic vibe didn't really work out too well. Maybe we should just go modern military ala other big titles like Warzone and Tarkov? Surely that will be a smash!"

Really though, this looks passionless across the board, and a waste of resources IMO.

Top Bottom