• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands |OT| Squad Goals

hoserx

Man I really loved Ghost War over the weekend. The free trial has worked, I think. I'm about to buy it. I keep thinking about it at work.

Man I really loved Ghost War over the weekend. The free trial has worked, I think. I'm about to buy it. I keep thinking about it at work.

It really is fun. I know from their post launch trailer they will add new maps and modes down the line. I just want them to adjust the round time and round count and it'll be my multiplayer game until something else comes along.

manhack

Yeah super hyped about this game after the weekend. I got lucky and snagged it for $14.99 from Amazon on Thursday. I only got more addicted to the game as I started leveling up and finding good teammates to play with. Like siege the game really shines when you have a full squad working together. I was able to do pretty well with a 2 man discord group and sticking together as long as our pubbies weren't completely horrible.

Lot's of tactical options with the class selection and different perks. The engine is beautiful and runs well for me. I love the big open maps and the cat and mouse gameplay that evolves differently over each game.

Definitely scratches an itch I didn't know I have. Between this, RS: Siege, PUBG and Fortnite my multiplayer gaming menu is filling right up.

I'm hoping the game will be able to hold on a niche fan base, because I could see myself playing this for a long time to come.

Briarios

So, the game is $23.99 for PS4 at Best Buy today ... For those that have played it through, is it worth it to play it primarily solo?

Unity2012

So, the game is $23.99 for PS4 at Best Buy today ... For those that have played it through, is it worth it to play it primarily solo?

I'm going to say yes. I played it solo for a long time before I jumped into co-op with a friend. I still play solo when I'm taking a break from work and cannot get caught up playing long with a team or co-op partner.

Now that the ghost mode is out; solo is also a great way to get better in harder difficulties. I've had nothing but a lot of fun with this game. It brought back the original Ghost Recon vibe into the franchise.

so two friends bought the game recently with uplay sale and said its vastly imrpoved from when they played beta, but im still on the fence about it, what makes it so worth it?

Briarios

Alright, I went ahead and picked it up ... I may try to get it started this weekend. Is there anything I should know that you wish you knew when starting the game?

So I bought the game and have only played Ghost War... this is scratching an itch I didn't know I had. There's so much depth to the way you can fight against players. You can rush and try to take mid map fast or do hard flanks through bushes, use artillery etc. I love that rounds can go from a couple of minutes to 10+ depending on how people play, and it never gets boring.

The only issue I have right now with is the player base. The amount of people with southern drawls screaming into the mic when you do anything they don't like is pretty high in my experience.

"What are yooou doooooin' over thereee? You're gawna git killed if you don't stick with meee."

"I'm flanking dude, I'll cover angles that you can't see from there."

"Ur a fuckin' idiot, u don't know what ur talkin' about"

*guy dies*

"See like right there, you got me fuckin' killed cuz you weren't near me ta help meeee"

*they ragequit*

I dunno, it's not a deal breaker but it gets grating after a while.

Alright, I went ahead and picked it up ... I may try to get it started this weekend. Is there anything I should know that you wish you knew when starting the game?

Advanced difficulty, minimum. Extreme preferably. Reduce HUD as much as you are comfortable with.

IMO.

Yeah maybe using the HUD for the first couple hours, and I'd probably leave on at least the weapon/item quicklist, but soon as you got a basic grasp for the flow of the game, I'd at least turn off the minimap.

Ponchito

Hi. I have a parachute drop site side mission. It says “tag the drop site supplies”. How do I tag them?

Edit: got it. There was some panel on one of the sides.

FYI the Xbox One X patch for Wildlands is glorious.

Image quality is way up. Pop in seems about the same.

Performance seems very solid.

Would love to see a DF article on the changes.

Still plugging away...

cool that sounds great... i'm not sure but GRW may be why I pull the trigger (hhh) on the XBX

post the DF here if you see it before anyone else does.

So, it says:

"Spec Ops Crates contain Epic Weapons, Exotic Weapons, Vehicles and tons of cosmetic items for you to enjoy even more in the whole Campaign mode."

"Ghost War Crates contain Exotic Weapons (re-skinned versions of weapons already available in the game – no impact on the weapon stats), customization items and an exclusive new line of skins for your character, called Icons."

So, Epic Weapons are... the Boss Weapons you can unlock by beating bosses, nor new? The Exotic Weapons sound like new skins...

Says we can buy all (all weapons above) through Packs so I'm not sure if that means they're new or not. Maybe it's just a new way to get 'boss weapons' (e.g. His AFK) and 're-skins' (e.g. the woodland camo/ranger M4A1).

New skins would be cool though. I don't like buying crates but if I can spend $10 directly on a Pack and get a few new cool weapons that'd be OK... Packs are kinda expensive compared to some other games, but I got a lot of use out of the Ranger one haha and that camo/ghillie assault rifle/sniper rifle. I guess we'll know TMR in a bit since it says the patch is the 25th.

Watched "American Made" over the weekend.. got me to boot up Wildlands just to fly around pretending to deliver drugs.. good times :)

I hope we get some sort of news on a sequel or something.. I need more single player gameplay.

haha I did the same thing

actually, I've been doing 'no HUD sort of role plays' for most of the winter after I sort of went through Narcos season 3, American Made, Che pt.1 and pt.2.... went through the El Chapo two seasons too was surprisingly good after the first couple episodes. think I threw in a few others... the classic Sniper haha especially the part where the ride the train into the jungle and then go down off the train bridge into the mountains for the first time... all sort of gave me a lot of inspiration for a few 30-60 minute 'no HUD roleplay' sessions, simple things like just hike in on foot and raid one simple farm.

did quite a few of them actually -

couple sniper ones haha

last one I followed the train tracks into the jungle precisely cuz of the film Sniper -_-

I was fighting him last night with my friend. We couldn't take him down. We got him down pretty good a couple times but his disappearing/reappearing is so random that once he gets one of us, you basically have to go it alone. The Predator seems to have a perfect timing with how long it takes to get another teammate up. You can get one up, but he'll kill you just as you finish the rez, like clockwork.

Definitely need to use the trees/rocks/hills on him like crazy.

Watched "American Made" over the weekend.. got me to boot up Wildlands just to fly around pretending to deliver drugs.. good times :)

I hope we get some sort of news on a sequel or something.. I need more single player gameplay.

Wildlands is excellent. Easily one of the best open world games I've played. Definitely want a sequel in another location.

Last edited:
Yeah... checked thread pages #42 and #43, quite a few posts about it. Some parts of the game are much better solo, no HUD, relaxed and immersive. great co-op game, too; point is it's really fun both ways.

RavageX

Ok guys, how about the season pass? I still don't plan on messing about online so is it worth it for the expansions?

Finally, it will add the ability to customize your AI teammates in the campaign with clothing you've unlocked for your own character.
woah.... that is quite unexpected. the devs on reddit over the last year once and a while regularly squashed them ever returning to even consider changing that, IIRC... had pretty much zero expectation for that.

awesome change tho... one of my biggest complaints with the game, in fact. can't wait to roll 4 deep with the same camo, finally haha.

Ladies and Gentlemen

Sam Fisher joining Ghosts in up coming DLC content for Wildlands. This pretty much confirms that new SC game is coming. Voice in video is of Ironside.

I bought 120$ worth of Battle crates in this game just to unlock new Icons Skins :(.

I'm part of the problem :(

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

GRW_art_Planche_Special_Operation_1_180409_6pm_1523268332.jpg

https://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/wil...8-16/update-5-special-operation-1-patch-notes

https://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/wildlands/en-us/news/152-321124-16/update-5-special-operation-1

grw_news-search-thumbnail_mobile-free_weekend_splinter_cell_321717.jpg

All at once?

Yes, added 150$ in my Xbox account and went on buying spree. Game won't allow you to buy more Ghost crates after spending 120$ on it and Ghost crates are the ones contains Icons Skins :/

I feel bad but I really wanted those icon skins. I'm playing Ghost Recon Wildlands right now and liberating each region one at a time with different Ghost skins and outfits lol

The new AI teammate customization is great ~ just an aesthetic change of course but looks really awesome to have the whole squad in matching camo armor now.

I think I'd be okay with a more open world a la MGS V as long as all (not just a few) were more like V's Phantom Limbs, Bees Sleep, Voices, etc. I wouldn't be against open world if (huge if) the missions themselves were the same, and the open world we just had some side travel/post-endgame stuff in between. Though, that seems fairly idealistic because it is that ever the case? MGS V, Dynasty Warriors IX, a lot of games try to do that and say, oh the missions will be the same we just want the space in between, but it always ends up changing the core mission design. I'd be okay with it I guess if the missions still felt like SC though I suppose... If.

That said, even as much as I love MGS V, with SC even more so it excels with some sense of claustrophobia from the darkness and dense linear* surroundings (*in the sense you have a clear destination forward, not necarisly than you have 1 or 3 routes). I may be okay with the former idea if it was either that or nothing, but ideally hope it just feels like a spiritual success to Chaos Theory. They can make a Wildlands 2 if they want more Wildlands, and hopefully if they bring back SC it's really going to feel like SC.

Belker

Is anyone from Wildlands GAF Xbox Club interesting in taking ownership? I may want to open a new club for other stuff and I've hit my limit. If I can't find any takers I'll have to disband it.

Top Bottom