• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT| Empire State of Emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
LOL!

Guy joined up with me in the DZ so I let him follow me to the subway and get cornered by Hardaway. I then stole his gear when he died and legged it out the other side.
tzFA1.gif

deoee

So is there a way to deal with these 'Runners'? Got hit with some straight up bullshit last night as a guy charged through all four of us taking hundreds of headshots only to one shot the lot of us in 2 shots. I'm trying to push through to get to the DZ but at this point is entirely a test of patience rather than any fun. I honestly just kinda wish it had a WoW method of pay to reach level 30.

Use CC. Ammo types, turrets, grenades etc.

Natiko

Banned
Does DPS even matter much? Seems like shotguns and marksman rifles do by far the most damage to the point that automatic weapons with a far higher DPS can't compare.

Arun1910

The drop rates have been nerfed into oblivon. I'm running with about 130 scavenging and don't get much.

It's ridiculous. I've put so many hours into the DZ with no Legendary's yet my friend who has 10% scavenging got 3 Legendary drops in one loot run so that Scavenger stat makes no sense to me whatsoever.

noomi

Does DPS even matter much? Seems like shotguns and marksman rifles do by far the most damage to the point that automatic weapons with a far higher DPS can't compare.

Sure it does, but really depends on what kind of build you want.

I prefer a high dps, mid stam, and low skill build myself. I've seen some really good tank and skill builds as well though.

Ultimately, it would be nice to have enough high gear to switch builds to whatever is needed at the time.

valkyre

Does anyone else think the DPS numbers in this game are kinda crazy high? It has become a bit ridiculous, I dont get why we should have 200k dmg numbers...

what will happen in 1 year after 3 expansions? Are we going to be seeing million dps numbers while shooting enemies? Kinda hilarious if you ask me.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Oh man couldn've got like 5 guys then at the DZ. Weren't gonna risk it though since I had some good stuff needed to be extracted.

darkwing

Does anyone else think the DPS numbers in this game are kinda crazy high? It has become a bit ridiculous, I dont get why we should have 200k dmg numbers...

what will happen in 1 year after 3 expansions? Are we going to be seeing million dps numbers while shooting enemies? Kinda hilarious if you ask me.

well, basically it is an RPG

Skulldead

True, you just divide everything by 100 or 1000.... and let's 2 decimal... should do the trick...

got my first yellow drop from a named in DZ, was a performance mod however, 2% reduction to exotic dmg and 5% first aid radius. Meanwhile my friend got a yellow classic AK...

Question, is First aid the heal that you shoot and support station the box? I can never figure out which is which

It doesnt matter as the damage numbers have to do with the health numbers. We cant see the enemies exact health but if he has 1,000,000 hit points and you do 100 000dps it is no different than if he has 100 hit points and you do 10dps. Unless you are saying you dont like seeing big numbers in general.

Tovarisc

The drop rates have been nerfed into oblivon. I'm running with about 130 scavenging and don't get much.

It's ridiculous. I've put so many hours into the DZ with no Legendary's yet my friend who has 10% scavenging got 3 Legendary drops in one loot run so that Scavenger stat makes no sense to me whatsoever.

And here I sit getting so much legendaries from my DZ farming route that can't fit them into extraction stash. Getting high-end drops is damn too rare tho. Farming gear from DZ is a lot more depended on effective routing than in which section of DZ you are in, as all of them give same items etc.

Sitting on ~135% scavenging.

noomi

Destiny actually had a very similar thing happen in year 1, with each expansion the attack values on weapons got so high that they eventually toned everything down to back to lower numbers.

Blind firing an automatic from close cover seems to be the best use of the alternative weapons.

I rock an SMG and Marksman Rifle.

And here I sit getting so much legendaries from my DZ farming route that can't fit them into extraction stash. Getting high-end drops is damn too rare tho. Farming gear from DZ is a lot more depended on effective routing than in which section of DZ you are in, as all of them give same items etc.

Sitting on ~135% scavenging.

Sorry legendary = high-end, i get so many purples It is hard to choose what to take.

valkyre

It doesnt matter as the damage numbers have to do with the health numbers. We cant see the enemies exact health but if he has 1,000,000 hit points and you do 100 000dps it is no different than if he has 100 hit points and you do 10dps. Unless you are saying you dont like seeing big numbers in general.

I am saying exactly this:

Destiny actually had a very similar thing happen in year 1, with each expansion the attack values on weapons got so high that they eventually toned everything down to back to lower numbers.

There is no reason for the number to be so high. I am not claiming it doesnt work, I am just saying that it will end up not being convenient enough at later expansions.

The enemy that has 1,000,000 HP now could have 100,000 HP and my DPS could be 10,000 instead of 100,000 that it is now. (all numbers are just random)

It will be kinda weird to see an SMG in a future expansion spraying numbers in the million figures...

For me purple is legendary and high-end/exotic/unique is yellow :b Still point is that with route I use I get way, way too much purples and always need to leave shit behind.

fair enough I never played destiny as i am pc only :( so i am stuck with my WoW color coding names. All the same though, no yellow drops!

Arun1910

Oops, I meant High-End Yellows, not purples. I get loads of purples easily but I need those sneaky yellows. Its going to take ages to just buy stuff with Phoenix credits, even with the daily missions.

thenameDS

No yellow drops in about 12 hours. I've tried with both scavenging gear and regular, does not seem to make a difference in loot dropped just in materials gathered.

Arun1910

lol wtf that guy plays 15 hours a day...i played 5 hours last night after work and felt so guilty.

If thats true he definitely has no other life commitments at all. I don't see how you can balance a job or college/uni or even sleeping and eating with that much playtime per day. Thats a bit ridiculous imo

Klyka

Banned
If thats true he definitely has no other life commitments at all. I don't see how you can balance a job or college/uni or even sleeping and eating with that much playtime per day. Thats a bit ridiculous imo

He literally has the most time played in the world.

At least according to that website

Insane Metal

Gold Member
Since everyone is mostly playing nice in the DZ now, and rogues get hunted down like dogs by everyone on the server, my friend and I had to get a bit more creative in our efforts to introduce chaos.

We became very social. We would engage everyone we met in compliments and general chatter. Eventually someone bit. He thought we were nice, we liked his hat.

He was on the hook.

We invited him to our group, and played like normal. Extracted together once, then went to take out a boss and get some good loot.

Upon completion, and arriving at our 2nd extraction, my friend looked at me and gave the signal. I booted the player from our group, calmly informing him he had trusted the wrong guys. We gunned him down in cold blood and took the loot he was just bragging about.

He was audibly upset. We waited out our rogue status, then found shelter in a large group that was extracting elsewhere. The player we betrayed found us, he wanted revenge. He opened fire and we fought back. As we expected, every player nearby rained hell on this guy for going rogue and attacking us. He repeated this over and over, each time taunting us and telling us we're fucked. And each time he got killed by the crowd of players we hung out with.

You can try to become civil, Agents, but chaos will always find a way. Be careful in the Dark Zone my friends.

lol you son of a bitch :p

The addiction is real. I don't have tons of time to play so it's remained fresh to me, only level 19/20 DZ. Dark Zone is kind of annoying me though, I have all these Dark Zone credits and nothing to spend them on until rank 30 so everytime I die it's a major blow. Why couldn't they just keep the blues available at my level?

CRA5H

I bought the Firstwave M1A at 29. At the time, I didn't realize if I bought it at 30, it would have a higher dmg range. Does anyone know how much dmg I missed out on at buying it at lvl 29 compared to lvl 30? I'm living with a lot of regret right now knowing I easily could have lvled up to 30 first then buy this gun.

Deku Tree

lol you son of a bitch :p

And that guy who kept trying to get revenge probably lost ten DZ ranks trying to get back at those other players.

The whole boot from group and gun down mechanic is pretty awful in the DZ. They should really patch it. When you get booted then send the booted player to another instance.

Tovarisc

I bought the Firstwave M1A at 29. At the time, I didn't realize if I bought it at 30, it would have a higher dmg range. Does anyone know how much dmg I missed out on at buying it at lvl 29 compared to lvl 30? I'm living with a lot of regret right now knowing I easily could have lvled up to 30 first then buy this gun.

For me that 1st Wave M1A showed ~30k dmg on level 30.

Seeing some chat about scavenging points. Are these character based, that are upgraded by gear, or are the scavenging points exclusively attributable to gear itself?

Where would I check my characters current scavenging rating/score?

cakely

I'm level 11 now. So far I've managed to spend all my playtime in a group of four. The co-op is good, and that's what I was looking for.

I know it's early but I'm a little surprised at the absolute lack of enemy variety. Yes, I understand that the Division is restricted by the real-world setting but they could have added something like technicals, motorcycles, gun emplacements, attack dogs, or drones.

Seeing some chat about scavenging points. Are these character based, that are upgraded by gear, or are the scavenging points exclusively attributable to gear itself?

Where would I check my characters current scavenging rating/score?

It is an item attribute like "magic find" in diablo, I dont know if it does anything though, and I dont know if you can see it anywhere on your character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom