• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Henderson: Star Wars Outlaws will have fast, fluid travel like Spider-Man 2

Draugoth

Gold Member
Ubisoft promises that Star Wars Outlaws will be the first open world game in the series and an insider claims that loading will be smooth.

When commenting on how fast and fluid the fast travel of Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 is on PS5, Tom Henderson replied “ wondering how people will respond to what Ubisoft is doing with Star Wars Outlaws” in this sense.

I know this is really left field, but seeing everyone talk about Spider-Man's fast travel tech and seamlessness makes me wonder about how people will respond to what Ubisoft is working on with Star Wars Outlaws.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
The trailer showed a pretty long sequence of you leaving the world on a ship then going into space and using FTL to go into another solar system. It was seamless sure, but very long. I wonder if they will just let you fast travel from the map without ever getting into your ship. But starfield does this and people hate it.

Fbh

I have no doubt the tech will be cool. It's just a shame that it will be attached to a Ubisoft game.

Fbh

Are you talking about Star Wars or Spiderman?

Spiderman is an Arkham Clone more than a Ubisoft one.
And unlike most Ubisoft games at least it has fun combat, isn't bloated to oblivion with boring repetitive content and doesn't feel like it was written by a pre release beta version of Chatgpt.

Flutta

Banned
Dave Chapelle GIF by MOODMAN

In other news, there will be evil characters called villains and blasters that go pew pew.

SSDs at these speeds should mostly eliminate loading times in game, this should be standard in open world games. I'd be annoyed if it was anything less at this stage of the generation.

Top Bottom