• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Warren makes another pathetic and biased Tweet

pLow7

I actually agree. Why do I need to put a DISC in my PS4 to play the copy on my system. I just want to be able to insert the disc once, load the game, sell the disc, and keep playing the game!

Good idea, and after that you give the game to a Friend who does the same, he then lends the game to another friend and so on. So in the end, you just have to buy the game once and everybody can play it.
You should pitch the idea to MS/Sony.

Last edited:

Sony

Nintendo

That's horrible. Imagine if there was s Series S as well. The upper bar would be:
Xbox Series X - Xbox Series S - Xbox One 4K Ultra HD* HDR Smart Delivery

*4K Ultra HD only availible on Xbox One X and Xbox Series X

What the hell are you doing Microsoft?

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
The Series X box art is so fucking ugly. Vomit green with a large Smart Delivery stamp plastered all over? What are they thinking? As a person who mainly buys physical, shit like that breaks my heart.

Last edited:
Good idea, and after that you give the game to a Friend who does the same, he then lends the game to another friend and so on. So in the end, you just have to buy the game once and everybody can play it.
You should pitch the idea to MS/Sony.
Ok just sent me 50,000$. I need to make a team. Write up a few proposals. Run some polls, throw a pre-celebratory party, hire the family, and throw a celebratory party. We’ll put your name somewhere, probably. I have a good feeling about this.

FranXico

Can anyone tell me if Sony has the same amount of fanboys in the media?

I feel like there's a handful of pro XBox media personalities. Why can't I think of similar Sony media fanboys?
Sony has plenty of biased faces in social media. Microsoft has more personalities "with authority" shilling on their behalf though.

Hudo

I actually agree. Why do I need to put a DISC in my PS4 to play the copy on my system. I just want to be able to insert the disc once, load the game, sell the disc, and keep playing the game!
untitled5gjot.png

Genx3

He didn't say anything wrong and didn't even imply it won't be the same on Xbox.
Yet we have a bunch of triggered babies crying all over the place.

oagboghi2

I have never understood Xbox loyalty. Less history, fewer exclusive franchises than Sony/Nintendo/Sega, less powerful than PC... It’s like the middle child that isn’t great in school, isn’t athletic but tells a good joke once in a while.

@Xbox fans - is the attachment to the brand really just based on the controller + halo + forza + gears?
Some people really like shooters

Genx3

Some people really like shooters

Yup, Forza MS, Forza Horizon (best Arcade Racing), Ori 1 &2 (best 2d Platformer), Sea of Thieves (awesome Pirate game), Halo Wars(rts), Killer Instinct (1 of the best fighters this gen and the best online netcode in a fighter), All great shooters!

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
So in order to play a physical game you need to use the physical game.

Am I missing something here?

Genx3

So in order to play a physical game you need to use the physical game.

No, this whole thread is a big ole giant Nothing Burger.

Of course you need the disk in the tray for a Physical copy of a game to work.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
You’re missing the bit about Tom Warren being a fanboy warrior who uses his job as leverage to shill for his favorite company in the world.

Where's that? I can't see it from Ops tweet. Only a confirmation about using the disc.

Genx3

Where's that? I can't see it from Ops tweet. Only a confirmation about using the disc.

Exactly
I see nothing about his tweet being Fanboy warrior nonsense.

He confirms that you need the physical PS4 version of the game to get the free PS5 upgrade.

Previously it was not confirmed that the free upgrade was coming to PS5 but a bunch of fanboys mistook his tweet as fanboy drivel when he was actually confirming PS5 gamers will also get the same free upgrade as XSX gamers.

The real fanboys are the ones with poor reading comprehension all over reacting.

Genx3

Never heard of this guy in my life until now. Now you’re making him famous.

He is a well known insider.
Was the first to tell us about 4 TF Lockhart and 12 TF XSX. In the same leak he mentioned 8TF PS4 (original target specs for a 2019 launch).

Absolutely nothing. PS5 fanboys have been in a constant state of saltiness/aggressive defense since the 1X released.

PSX was not on paper better than Saturn, Then N64 came out with double the "bits" like a year after its US launch. So you could argue based
on "results" that there was a year or two the playstation was the most powerful console right at launch.

Then again at PS2's generation, the PS2 was actually the least powerful console (and their best selling, most iconic)
Then the PS3 was better on paper, the way saturn was on paper compared to PSX.... with many - MOST multiplats better on 360.

Then PS4 cames out with a power advantage for like 5 years right.... also happens to be the most underpowered generation basically.

The issue is that many Xbox fans for some reason and many NEW playstation fans think the playstations total domination of the console
space has SOMETHING to do with being the most powerful for some reason, and I can see XBOX fans thinking that based on the Launch xbox one's very
poor specs- and thinking ONLY if they can overturn that, they will DESTROY playstation... because it was SO CLOSE in the 360 generation.
We know that isnt the case. The One X has been out for years now, years.... if it were raw specs selling consoles you would not have
every switch fanboy arguing that its a console and not a handheld even though the specs line up with "handheld" and it runs the same games
as a handheld and the lite version of the same console is handheld only.... I digress..... they bought it considering it a console in spite of specs.

Well the 360 generation straddled a giant recession that trashed the world economy- and the PS3 launched a year after the XBOX 360
for hundreds more, and the shipped numbers were inflated by huge 360 failures and the 360 still didnt beat the PS3 in the end worldwide.

Why am I saying all this? Because you are right. There are defensive playstation gamers over the last couple years. And what is DEFENSE....
its because they're being attacked by people who scream about power from up on a hill with no exclusive games, saying Exclusives are for
Sony Paupers who can only do 85% of the floating point operations per second that the Xbox Power Kings can.... so yeah they're going to
defend themselves or go back to the PlayStations original strengths. In the PS2 Era it wasnt power than won the day over Nintendo and Sega
it was the DVD drive, the storage, and their branding and exclusives. The Xbox was a no-name at that time but it had a nice machine. I think the
original XBOX is a BEAST for its time. The GPU especially (the CPU was already a couple years old by then, they were still doubling every couple years)

In the PS3 Era it was the standard HDD and the Bluray that helped sell people on the incredible price even after being beaten to market by a year.

This time what will it be? My bet is probably on the exclusive games and I am sure there will be a ton of Sony fanboys making memes about
waiting around until you turn into a skeleton or something because of the I/O difference.....

Xbox fanboys were on the defensive for half a decade, blaming power for their systems unpopularity.
Now they have a power crown between PS5 and Xbox SX, its smaller than the gap between the Xbox one and the PS4- maybe half the size, but its
still a gap they can scream about. So lets see how it goes.

DaGwaphics

Three pages and I still don't know what's the problem with this guy, except for the ugly Xbox box art. Please explain.

:messenger_ok:

Doesn't he have a point seeing Sony are releasing a model without a disc tray?

The post seemed to be pointing out the obvious, but I don't see anything pro Xbox in the tweet. At this moment in time, no all digital Xbox series console exists, so, there isn't currently an issue/solution available on the platform.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I don't understand...why is this even a tweet? Did physical game buyers expect they would get to play the PS5 version without proof of ownership?

FunkMiller

Gold Member

If you buy physical, you need to use the disc to play upgrade version.
If you buy digital, you can play upgrade version from that.

That’s it isn’t it? It’s perfectly sensible. Or am I being dumb as shit?

Or is he actually as dumb as shit to make a big deal out of it?

Last edited:

Genx3

I don't understand...why is this even a tweet? Did physical game buyers expect they would get to play the PS5 version without proof of ownership?

Tom Warren was pretty much confirming that PS4 versions of UBI Soft releases on PS5 will also get the same treatment as the XSX with smart delivery.

A bunch of overly sensitive people some how took it as Tom trying to slight the PS5.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I mean.. XSX will work the same way for disk based games?

This just means PS5 basically has "Smart Delivery" type functionality.. not entirely sure WTF Tom's point is. But maybe he's just confirming that PS5 basically has the same functionality? Why are people upset agian?

LOL.. Tom is a tool.. but the oversensitivity from the Sony Boys on this forum is insane.

Last edited:

SmoothNinja

Neo Member
Sort of just seems like Playstation fans are defensive. Not really anything being said here thats flame worthy. Even the box art bit seems open ended? Not sure what this guys history is but just seems defensive to attack him

DonF

Sort of just seems like Playstation fans are defensive. Not really anything being said here thats flame worthy. Even the box art bit seems open ended? Not sure what this guys history is but just seems defensive to attack him
The thing is that this guy has been anti sony to a really embarasing degree and this tweet is just his latest.
It just reads, like if it was a surprise or something:
''SONY CONFIRMS ALL DIGITAL PS5 CANT READ DISCS!''

its dumb.

Top Bottom