• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Warren makes another pathetic and biased Tweet

I have never understood Xbox loyalty. Less history, fewer exclusive franchises than Sony/Nintendo/Sega, less powerful than PC... It’s like the middle child that isn’t great in school, isn’t athletic but tells a good joke once in a while.

@Xbox fans - is the attachment to the brand really just based on the controller + halo + forza + gears?
How can they love anything else if that is all they release on Xbox 😂

Redlight

Tom Warren's statement seems to be simply true, a small snippet of news. I don't see anywhere where it says 'suck it Sony' or 'Xbox won't require that'. The thread title is more 'pathetic and biased' than the tweet is!

Some of you guys are super keen to be offended.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Whaddayaknow, same on Series X!

em39utF.jpg

sMaRt dElIvErY

Vasto

Tom Warren's statement seems to be simply true, a small snippet of news. I don't see anywhere where it says 'suck it Sony' or 'Xbox won't require that'. The thread title is more 'pathetic and biased' than the tweet is!

:messenger_ok:

Jon Neu

Banned
Name them. Name one, who is as annoying as Tim Dog? Dealer? Panello (ex)? Aaron? Larry? MisterX?

I don´t remember seeing a Sony diehard as bad as Timmy the Dog, MisterX. There are none (that im aware of)

Annoying is subjective, what you can like I can find annoying and viceversa.

But there is far more Sony bias in the media than Xbox bias. I mean, just per sheer numbers alone there are far more Sonyers than Xbots.

Name them. Name one, who is as annoying as Tim Dog? Dealer? Panello (ex)? Aaron? Larry? MisterX?

I don´t remember seeing a Sony diehard as bad as Timmy the Dog, MisterX. There are none (that im aware of)
Yo, MisterX is still around. Wasn't he 100% sure that the Xbox One had a secret 2nd GPU that they were just waiting to unlock and blow PS away? I swear it was something like that. I remember how crazy he seemed LOL If i'm not mistaken, he had good following that had bought into his "theory"

iHaunter

Yeah he’s biased af towards Xbox, but is what he’s saying even biased? If anything it’s just incredibly obvious, like no shit, how else would they verify you’d bought the game previously. Is he trying to imply if you buy physical XB1 games and then get the free XSX version it can be digital? First I’ve heard of it.
He's saying it's optimized and better. But it looks far more cluttered. He's just straight-up lying and its obvious. Wonder how much of a fee he got.

Great Hair

Banned
Annoying is subjective, what you can like I can find annoying and viceversa.

But there is far more Sony bias in the media than Xbox bias. I mean, just per sheer numbers alone there are far more Sonyers than Xbots.

We have Phil Spenser doing the spins already, you eluded a simple question. Like i said, there are none. Why counter with a "if there are 120mill. PS4s, so there must be more shittalkers .." argumentation? Strange logic.

longdi

Banned
So you will need to keep your PS4 on with the disc inside while you're playing the PS5 version? That's interesting.

Now i think more clearly. He kinda makes sense.
PS5 and PS5de are not going to be cheap.
It sucks for DE buyers to lose out on disc backward compatibility.

Series S dont have this problem because it is going to be cheap, probably $299. It is for the poors causals and all.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
The majority of media outlets right now view Sony as their darling, I have a hard time understanding how you can be saying what you are saying when the opposite is actually happening in broad daylight.

I meant specifically Sony fanboys of notable position.

Guys like Tom Warren, Jez Corden, Klobrille, Aaron Greenburg etc...

All guys who stan for XBox and bash PS.

Where are Sony's foils?

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some
I meant specifically Sony fanboys of notable position.

Guys like Tom Warren, Jez Corden, Klobrille, Aaron Greenburg etc...

All guys who stan for XBox and bash PS.

Where are Sony's foils?
I find Jason Schreier has done his share on twitter, people like Crap Gamer have big follower counts and the the same thing, and I have read quite a few things about Push Square pushing agendas on twitter, and while they are a PS site, that's not what I'd call journalism.

These are the only ones that come to mind right now, but from memory there are quite a few youtubers as well that do the same thing.

Yoboman

Oh the fucking words ..xbox..series x..box..art

Its not just this soyboy who has to shut up its microsoft with their choise of words
Check out this Xbox Series X Box Art Featuring Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Optimised for Xbox Series X

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I find Jason Schreier has done his share on twitter, people like Crap Gamer have big follower counts and the the same thing, and I have read quite a few things about Push Square pushing agendas on twitter, and while they are a PS site, that's not what I'd call journalism.

These are the only ones that come to mind right now, but from memory there are quite a few youtubers as well that do the same thing.

Appreciate the response. The only part I take issue with is Jason Shreier. I've listened to his podcast religiously for 3+ years and he never struck me in the slightest as being a Sony fanboy. Plus, he attacked Naughty Dog and Niel Druckman on Twitter recently as well. Can't see any of the aforementioned XBox guys doing that to an XBox figure.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I would think that if own the PS4 version, you put the disc into the PS5, go online, it validates and downloads the PS5 version but every time you play, you would need to have the PS4 disc in the PS5 disc drive in order for the game to be validated so you can play the PS5 version.

I would think that if own the PS4 version, you put the disc into the PS5, go online, it validates and downloads the PS5 version but every time you play, you would need to have the PS4 disc in the PS5 disc drive in order for the game to be validated so you can play the PS5 version.

The same as it works now, if you own the game on disc and not digital you need it in the drive to play it, just having it loaded on the HDD isn't enough.

Think on it this way, If you didn't need it in the system to play it.. what would stop you from just giving that disc to other people to download free copies of the game? I mean, that would be totally sweet but you know LOL

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
The same as it works now, if you own the game on disc and not digital you need it in the drive to play it, just having it loaded on the HDD isn't enough.

Yep. Xbox will be the same. It's how BC works on Xbox One. You insert the 360 disc, it validates and then downloads the game onto your Xbox One. You then need to insert the 360 disc every time in order to access the download of the same game.

I don't follow Warren but I don't see the issue with what he said when it's true and how it works for both brands.

If it's a digital download, I would imagine that it would go based on your purchase history as validation and you can then download the PS5 or Series X version and just play it as normal.

Vroadstar

Yo, MisterX is still around. Wasn't he 100% sure that the Xbox One had a secret 2nd GPU that they were just waiting to unlock and blow PS away? I swear it was something like that. I remember how crazy he seemed LOL If i'm not mistaken, he had good following that had bought into his "theory"

Those were the days. I remember him and his followers after both consoles release and PS4 clearly is better, he kept saying just wait for another game to arrive
to see the full potential of the Xbone and 2nd GPU, then that game arrived, lost again, and then day, another just wait.........a lot of waiting happened, won't be surprised if he is member of the discord group :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Yep. Xbox will be the same. It's how BC works on Xbox One. You insert the 360 disc, it validates and then downloads the game onto your Xbox One. You then need to insert the 360 disc every time in order to access the download of the same game.

I don't follow Warren but I don't see the issue with what he said when it's true and how it works for both brands.

If it's a digital download, I would imagine that it would go based on your purchase history as validation and you can then download the PS5 or Series X version and just play it as normal.

I think his history of being a little anti PlayStation and a little too Pro Xbox makes people read things into what he's saying, that being said he singled out PS5 for this he didn't say it was the same for both. I also don't know why he bothered posting it at all, this isn't a new process.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I think his history of being a little anti PlayStation and a little too Pro Xbox makes people read things into what he's saying, that being said he singled out PS5 for this he didn't say it was the same for both. I also don't know why he bothered posting it at all, this isn't a new process.

Agreed.

At the end of the day, there's fanboys on both sides. Gamers, critics, etc. It is what it is.

JLB

Banned
I have never understood Xbox loyalty. Less history, fewer exclusive franchises than Sony/Nintendo/Sega, less powerful than PC... It’s like the middle child that isn’t great in school, isn’t athletic but tells a good joke once in a while.

@Xbox fans - is the attachment to the brand really just based on the controller + halo + forza + gears?

really?

Bolivar687

Banned
He may be a fanboy, but it does seem kinda relevant given Sony is making an all-digital console. Maybe I"m missing something else about this.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I guess very few people have UHD movie discs, so they are fine with all-digital. I don't have many, but still got some.

I'm also a one console-at-a-time gamer and I'm not going to buy a dedicated UHD player. So for me, the console has to have a 4k drive.

Tschumi

I think it's pretty great that he's getting ganged up on for exhibiting clear bias here... Just wish a few other prominent members of society got the same treatment!

Maybe they think supporting PS5 is a bit too obvious, not quite hip enough...

longdi

Banned
Sony can salvage this by allowing PS4 disc owners to transfer into PSN digital license.

We are in the age of building up service loyalty. Some core gamers may feel betrayed if they realise there is no way to play their disk games on PS5DE.

Again PS5 and PS5DE have the 'different' but same-same expectations.

UnNamed

Banned
Three pages and I still don't know what's the problem with this guy, except for the ugly Xbox box art. Please explain.

S

Shodan09

Unconfirmed Member
Doesn't he have a point seeing Sony are releasing a model without a disc tray?

shaddam

It was the same with BF4 after the 10 usd PS4 update. BTW I wonder if I can play the PS4 version on PS5 with the PS3 disc

Transitioned from Genesis, SegaCD, 32X, Dreamcast to XBOX and fell in love with Halo first then XBOX Live. I still think PS is great too. I love all games but lean XBOX. They stumbled with the One but the OG and the 360 we're really fucking great! Now it's time to shake the third console curse and revive the brand.

Goalus

Let's lay off the low effort console warring.

Sony fans seem to feel extremely insecure. It is understandable because Sony is getting demolished by MS in almost every department. When I read the snowflake-ish thread title, my first thought was I might have accidentally gone to Resetera instead of GAF.

I don't keep a diary of all the idiots I encounter on Twitter, but Jaydub is a name that I associate with extreme insecurity and the typical Boomer mentality that is common among Sony fans.

Last edited:
Top Bottom