• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grubb / Tom Warren: Gears 6 "Stuff" Happening This Summer

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Hmm. Gears always eluded me as an IP because back then I was salty that Epic sacrificed Unreal (the IP) for it. Maybe it's time to look into the Gears games.

No time better than now, if you have either of the modern Xbox consoles, all of them are available at their best.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Genuinely less excited about Gears 6 if it's going to be a visual showcase type of game.

Wanting it to be a weird Breath of the Wild / Halo open world hybrid.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Genuinely less excited about Gears 6 if it's going to be a visual showcase type of game.

Wanting it to be a weird Breath of the Wild / Halo open world hybrid.

200w.gif

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Fenix Engine 5 with Unreal Engine 5.5 features.

Im all in.

Im really wondering how they will handle the ending of Gears 5 though.
I hope it was a fake out and both are alive, mission one is simply to rescue whichever one was supposedly killed.

P.S Also Jack AI survived in the HoD satellites.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Voice actor for JD is saying we'll see more in June as well.

He's probably completed all of his work by now.

Just like with Halo, Gears needs to change their gameplay loop. Gears 5 with better graphics isn't going to cut it. This should be a GOW2018 type reboot for the franchise

Last edited:
Who cares about this series anymore? I love the Xbox 360 ones but this shoulda stopped, but they turned from the ultimate badass series into a YA Hunger Games feeling thing.

Maybe I'm just salty because they never brought 4 to Steam, until then that's (if that ever happens) I guess that's it for me and this series.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Who cares about this series anymore? I love the Xbox 360 ones but this shoulda stopped, but they turned from the ultimate badass series into a YA Hunger Games feeling thing.

Maybe I'm just salty because they never brought 4 to Steam, until then that's (if that ever happens) I guess that's it for me and this series.
I care.

This thread is filled with people who care.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Just like with Halo, Gears needs to change their gameplay loop. Gears 5 with better graphics isn't going to cut it. This should be a GOW2018 type reboot for the franchise
I honestly think they've stuck with it s9 long that it would be back in fashion now to have a linear banger TPS campaign. Just needs solid controls, encounter design, new weapons, spectacle. I dont see what a GoW 2018 reinvention would really be.

Goalus

I care about this series, and if you truly loved the 360 games, you would remember that there were a few unanswered questions left even after the end of Gears 3. In particular, where did the locust come from, and what role did the New Hope research facility play. Whoever says it should have stopped will have a hard time convincing me that he ever cared about the Gears IP. These questions are answered in Gears 5 by the way.

Last edited:
The original trilogy was great, each game since has been worse than the last and Gears 5 was a terrible Gears game IMO. The new main character was terrible, this series needs a major reboot IMO.

Stafford

I wish they had wrapped up Cait's story in 5,i just don't really find her that interesting of a character. Not that JD or the rest is super great, they are ok. It will never get close to the old crew, that's for sure.

I also hope they do more with the big open areas this time. Honestly wish they didn't bother at all with them, Hivebusters showed that it really isn't needed. Give me a full game like how that expansion was and we good!

Top Bottom