• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grubb / Tom Warren: Gears 6 "Stuff" Happening This Summer

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
ps5 pro enhanced version port?

3owTj36.gif

But I thought Arsic said the gears franchise was killed by MS, why would anyone care? Oh wait......

The Coalition is one of their top studios and Gears, so far, has been received well. Not sure why anyone would think the franchise has or needs to be shelved.

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I'm pretty hyped about Gears 6 (despite there being nothing known!), I've enjoyed the past couple of releases.

I hope the long silence means they're trying to do an announce and release in quick succession.

Last edited:

Kacho

The story will probably suck but it will be a looker. Time to find out what death was canon...

adamsapple

If a Gears HD Collection is real, this is probably the last 'E3' window they can announce it on after it being sworn up down by multiple insiders the last 2 years.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
If a Gears HD Collection is real, this is probably the last 'E3' window they can announce it on after it being sworn up down by multiple insiders the last 2 years.
I gave up waiting on it. I'm on part 3 now actually. Part 2 was fine with the frame rate boost. Part 3 is a bit of a step down, but still fine. 3.5 games to go ...

King Dazzar

I forget where we are, but some of the early ones are already 4k aren't they? Just missing HDR and maybe some better textures.... Gears 6 should be good - the coalition are great with regards HDR.

yea......you might as well skip the rest.
Yeah thats a common take. I liked 4 and 5 though. I only play single player though...

adamsapple

I forget where we are, but some of the early ones are already 4k aren't they? Just missing HDR and maybe some better textures.... Gears 6 should be good - the coalition are great with regards HDR.

It's mixed. Gears 1 (X360) is 720p/60, Gears Ultimate is 1080p/60. Gears 2 is 4K/60. Gears 3 is 1440p/60. A new collection can bring Gears 1 to 4K as well.

They all support Xbox's system-level HDR but there have been some looooong standing rumors about some kind of an enhanced collection, which never seems to materialize.

King Dazzar

It's mixed. Gears 1 (X360) is 720p/60, Gears Ultimate is 1080p/60. Gears 2 is 4K/60. Gears 3 is 1440p/60. A new collection can bring Gears 1 to 4K as well.

They all support Xbox's system-level HDR but there have been some looooong standing rumors about some kind of an enhanced collection, which never seems to materialize.
Yeah, it was few years ago when I went through them all upto and including 5. iirc it must have been the first I skipped on though, but the rest were fine. Though a little dated. A remaster package would be great. Even 4's campaign could do with a simple update to 4k 60fps for the campaign.

Tangent, but have you heard anything more recently about a new haptic xbox gamepad?

skyfinch

Microsoft's big 3, Halo, Gears and Forza. So far they fucked up Halo's and Forza's launch. Hope Gears 6 can do better, especially when they launch it on PS5 pro.

King Dazzar

I hope the innovate and mix it up a bit gears has felt stale for awhile now
There's two sides to that - some would love it to go back to its roots, as 5's open world elements didnt work very well. I'm happy either way tbh. Really liked 5 and liked the early ones too.

LordCBH

Man I’d love for a Gears collection to drop. If it does, hope they learned their lessons at Xbox and don’t release it broken like MCC. Bought my 360 back in the day for Gears and Oblivion.

GymWolf

Can't wait to follow the new adventures of katrine.

No but seriously, i'm not gonna even bother paying a month of pc gamepass unless i see a gow2018 level of overhaul.

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
Awkward The Simpsons GIF

Looking forward to what they do. I played the first one bit really have neglected the series after that. Maybe this will inspire me to remedy that.

Fabieter

7th post, that didn't take long

Get Out Theatre GIF by Tony Awards

It's the same thing with sony threads. I srsly miss every platform having multiple major exclusives. It's good for the consumers in the end but it makes things less fun no matter which platform breaks their exclusives.

Unknown?

Initiated by Grubb and corroborated by Warren.

Possibly a teaser or even full blown trailer at Xbox's showcase in the summer.

Looking forward to the PS5 Pro enhancements.

In all seriousness, I could see them porting the old ones but not this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom