• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grubb / Tom Warren: Gears 6 "Stuff" Happening This Summer

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
GKU87CIbsAA7c0D

Say Word Reaction GIF by Justin

The Coalition is probably going to wring more out of UE5 on console than most other studios would.

YuLY

And yet nothing about the collection...that Shpeshal Nick really is a hack, isnt he ? that MAGG guy from Colteastwood podcast also mentioned the collection. Why are these people inventing shit ? for clout/attention ? ...

Last edited:
And yet nothing about the collection...that Shpeshal Nick really is a hack, isnt he ? that MAGG guy from Colteastwood podcast also mentioned the collection. Why are these people inventing shit ? for clout/attention ? ...

Because they get the attention they seek. If people didn’t give them an audience then it wouldn’t be a regular occurrence.

He mentioned something about the achievements system being updated and I got excited, then I remember this is from people and a site that give high scores to placate publishers.

Last edited:

King Dazzar

Unfortunately many things were/are meant to happen and we're still waiting. Fallout 4 nextgen update is the one I've been hanging on for....

Chukhopops

That’s dope, been missing the Horde and Escape modes from 5 after it stopped being active. At least we got Firefight back in Halo.

Not gonna happen but I wish they would drop the SP part entirely in exchange for more maps and modes.

Kacho

The Coalition are fucking aces with Unreal, Incant wait to see what they do. Hell, Gears 5 still looks phenomenal. Nice to see Xbox getting some blockbuster games again.
IIRC they were helping Epic optimize UE5 on console with the Matrix tech demo. No doubt they've been supporting various XGS with their UE5 games as well. It's a clutch studio tech wise.

adamsapple

Nate the Hate has also chimed in on Gears 6.

"I'd be very surprised if 2024 came and went without a mention or look at Gears 6. The game will be that "this is what next-gen is about" moment.".

"This gen. Very few games have delivered that "next-gen" moment this gen, as we had an exceptionally long cross-gen period.

Much like Gears 1 was the moment on Xbox 360, so should Gears 6 be for Xbox Series.".

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I know for one thing that this game will look amazing. Can't wait to run through it co op. Wish they managed to get 4 player co op going though. That would be amazing.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Please Jesus do not fuck this up like halo infinite.

I’m curious what coalition has been doing without Rod Ferguson or cliffy B at the helm of this franchise.

I’d bust even for a ff7 remake still remake to gears 1 to reboot the franchise.

I’m scared shitless it’ll be some hero shooter third person shit to sell skins galore without the frantic gnasher fighters I love and adore.

I’m totally psyched for a new Gears. Probably the next game I’m most excited for apart from the new Space Marine … think I’m craving blockbuster 3rd person shooter action

bumpkin

Who cares, Gears 5 killed the franchise.
A little hyperbole since it sold well (I think?), but I didn’t walk away from Gears 5 excited for another game either. Not even talking about “the choice” and which will be canon, Kait and her story was never interesting to me to begin with.

G5 was crushed under the weight of the Coalition’s ambition to do new things while still keeping 18 year old mechanics. It was the first game in the series that me and my Gears co-op buddy never finished together. We even finished 4 co-op and that was objectively awful compared to 3.

I would love to be surprised though.

adamsapple

Sadly will have to see the fruit of their hard work while riding skiffs and shooting robots.

Multiple "insiders" are likening it to the first game, considering it's their first game with new tech, I have a feeling (and would not mind) that it's going to be a more focused game, no open world.

bender

What time is it?
Multiple "insiders" are likening it to the first game, considering it's their first game with new tech, I have a feeling (and would not mind) that it's going to be a more focused game, no open world.

My sources are telling me that it's going to be completely linear and you'll never get out of your vehicle. Hundreds of thousands of Kryll will die.

diffusionx

Gold Member
A little hyperbole since it sold well (I think?), but I didn’t walk away from Gears 5 excited for another game either. Not even talking about “the choice” and which will be canon, Kait and her story was never interesting to me to begin with.

G5 was crushed under the weight of the Coalition’s ambition to do new things while still keeping 18 year old mechanics. It was the first game in the series that me and my Gears co-op buddy never finished together. We even finished 4 co-op and that was objectively awful compared to 3.

I would love to be surprised though.
Also the multi was really bad (it was good in Gears 4).

StueyDuck

I dunno... they need to do something interesting with the franchise to get me excited. 5 was a slog and 4 had potential to take the franchise somewhere but also still kind of a slog.

Even the rumors being like it's first person or its dramatically different visually still don't entirely rock my boat. I've said it before but gears would he cool as a full on survival horror game.

Something non Gears after this please .

Personally I think the Coalition would be a good fit for something licensed like Aliens or even a third person Terminator past and future game.

GametimeUK

I loved the last 2 Gears games. I wouldn't rate them as high as the original Trilogy, but that's a high bar to reach. I thought they were great games in their own right.

I especially loved the Hivebusters DLC which I think was close to matching the original Trilogy. If they can make a full game with that kind of vibe I'll be in 110%.

I wish they'd bring back the gritty horror/war vibe of the OT. Last 2 games felt too much like marvel movies with shitty quips, bland characters, story retreading etc.

Hudo

Hmm. Gears always eluded me as an IP because back then I was salty that Epic sacrificed Unreal (the IP) for it. Maybe it's time to look into the Gears games.

Top Bottom