• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Warren [The Verge]: "I know for a fact that there is a big one......that will be going to PlayStation"

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Is this Microsoft trying to prepare the Xbox world for the news?
Chris Farley Idk GIF

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
MS already stated their intent to port games "that made sense" on a case by case basis, to other consoles. I'm not seeing what is revelatory about this, or why this would require "inside" knowledge to make this claim.
You also posted this in the other thread, so linking to my response there.

No. That statement was in regards to Zenimax Bethesda games before the acquisition closed to appeal to regulators. 2 days after the acquisition closed, Phil changed his stance and said, "If you're an Xbox customer, the thing I want you to know is this is about delivering great exclusive games for you, that ship on platforms where Game Pass exists. That's our goal. That's why we're doing this."

And if the Sea of Thieves does get ported as per the rumors, that "case by case" statement doesn't cover that anyway.

MarkMe2525

You also posted this in the other thread, so linking to my response there.
I'll post the same thing as well.

?? Both statements can be true. Phil can port games, and still bring "great exclusive games to platforms where gamepass exists." These are not mutually exclusive. I don't follow your logic.

Last edited:
I hope that on Monday they say something because what a joke there is with so many rumors, there is tension in the atmosphere.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I'll post the same thing as well.

?? Both statements can be true. Phil can port games, and still bring "great exclusive games to platforms where gamepass exists." These are not mutually exclusive. I don't follow your logic.
1. These are definitely mutually exclusive. Game Pass does not exist on PlayStation and Nintendo, so these games should not come to these platforms, as per Phil's previous statement.

2. My logic is that you're clearly picking the "case by case" statement (which was specifically about Zenimax Bethesda games) and applying it to all Xbox Studios games, which is obviously incorrect.

ouFziFg.jpg

Hi-Fi Rush can fall into this category. But Sea of Thieves, As Dusk Falls, etc. do not.

So, no Microsoft has not "already stated their intent to port games "that made sense" on a case by case basis" if we're talking about games like Sea of Thieves and As Dusk Falls.

King Dazzar

Stepping back from all of this for a moment.

Xbox are really, really good in showing others how not to handle PR. Its shockingly bad. I mean am I watching an episode of the cringe filled Office in real life play out or something.... my only contemplation beyond that, is this as bad as Mattricks drop the mic moment of "we have a console for you, its called the 360". This is all a stunning, massive cluster fuck of messaging. And you have MS entourage twats like Warren, assumingly briefed allowing more fuel onto it, but refusing to say what game. Come on Xbox. Is this the only level of professionalism you're capable of bringing?

killatopak

If anyone is wondering why this rumor and all the doom and gloom won't go away, it's because of people like Tom Warren fanning the flames.

Darsxx82

Tom Warren speaking on Xbox games going to PlayStation. Aside from Sea of Thieves and Hi Fi Rush.

"I know for a fact that there is a big one that I think a people will be very surprised at that will be going to PlayStation"

Will Smith Reaction GIF

It's a recording from February 2, before all this circus.

The game he is referring to would be Indiana Jones, which according to him would be being studied.
Tom already published an article about it.

There is nothing new here.

Last edited:
Whatever it is, we ask what's next.

Exactly. It’s done. This idea that there will be some limit is just the last string of hope the fanboys have. I’m sure MS will also use it next week to keep the fanbase calm. They’ve been misleading them for years now but there’s a core group out there that will latch onto any life line MS gives them.

I have seen a few that are done with it and recognize that they’ve been lied to though. I stopped trusting MS since the Xbox one reveal and I’ve only been proven right year after year.

Killjoy-NL

Probably. Internally they want this to be a "big game" and I guess the resources they put into it put it in that category. I don't consider a big game though and Im separating acquisitions from Halo/Gears/Forza.
Personally, it's literally the only thing about Xbox that interests me.

If they were to release HB2 on PS5, they can do whatever else they want, for all I care.

Are those big one's?
Are going to ignore the "omfg these graphics, Sony is doomed, Game of the Gen" arguments when HB2 was announced?

The game has been hyped to hell by the Xbox fanbase.
Until it turned out it's going to be a cheaper digital-only release, with short game-length.

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

1. These are definitely mutually exclusive. Game Pass does not exist on PlayStation and Nintendo, so these games should not come to these platforms, as per Phil's previous statement.

2. My logic is that you're clearly picking the "case by case" statement (which was specifically about Zenimax Bethesda games) and applying it to all Xbox Studios games, which is obviously incorrect.

ouFziFg.jpg

Hi-Fi Rush can fall into this category. But Sea of Thieves, As Dusk Falls, etc. do not.

So, no Microsoft has not "already stated their intent to port games "that made sense" on a case by case basis" if we're talking about games like Sea of Thieves and As Dusk Falls.
1. Your premise is flawed and only makes sense if Phil stated "we will ONLY ship great exclusives on platforms with gamepass exists." In actuality, it doesn't state that, and you have to add it in to use that statement as evidence for your claim.

2. If I am allowed to extrapolate on what was stated (much like you did), the term exclusive could also encompass "timed exclusives". This would also fit in their plans to port games while still shipping exclusives to the gamepass platform.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
1. Your premise is flawed and only makes sense if Phil stated "we will ONLY ship great exclusives on platforms with gamepass exists." In actuality, it doesn't state that, and you have to add it in to use that statement as evidence for your claim.

2. If I am allowed to extrapolate on what was stated (much like you did), the term exclusive could also encompass "timed exclusives". This would also fit in their plans to port games while still shipping exclusives to the gamepass platform.
1. Exclusive literally implies 'only'. That's in the definition. If it is not ONLY on that platform, it's not exclusive. I can't believe we're talking about something that obvious.

2. Not the point we were discussing. My point was that the 'case by case basis' statement does not cover XGS games porting.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I hope that on Monday they say something because what a joke there is with so many rumors, there is tension in the atmosphere.
Is there? It might have started out pretty tense but after the initial flurry it just became amusing with every clout chaser trying to get their name on the board.

splattered

MCC probably. Still waiting on the e3 2003 earth city level they said they would release that just kinda... disappeared?

Hmmm get PS fans that never gave Halo a shot a taste of the franchise in hopes they will buy into a Series system to step up to the current Halo Infinite?

MarkMe2525

1. Exclusive literally implies 'only'. That's in the definition. If it is not ONLY on that platform, it's not exclusive. I can't believe we're talking about something that obvious.

2. Not the point we were discussing. My point was that the 'case by case basis' statement does not cover XGS games porting.
Smh.....again, Phil can decide to port games to PS5, while simultaneously shipping exclusives that don't get ported. If you read his statement plainly, he does not imply he will ONLY be shipping exclusives.

Edit: also, can we not pretend that games marketed as "exclusive" do not regularly get ported to other platforms, after a period of time has been passed?

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member

It's a recording from February 2, before all this circus.

The game he is referring to would be Indiana Jones, which according to him would be being studied.
Tom already published an article about it.

Don't think he is referring to Indiana Jones in the video. Big difference between saying Microsoft is "considering" Indiana Jones for PS5 and saying "I know for a fact" that a game is going to PS5.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Don't think he is referring to Indiana Jones in the video. Big difference between saying Microsoft is "considering" Indiana Jones for PS5 and saying "I know for a fact" that a game is going to PS5.
And not denying anything he said as false or has changed since.

I promise I don't know what he thinks he knows though

Tsaki

Bro, they better make whatever announcement they have on Monday. With each passing day these influencers are throwing more stuff in the air and tripping over themselves when something won't pan out.

3jMmKc2.gif

Top Bottom