• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Warren [The Verge]: "I know for a fact that there is a big one......that will be going to PlayStation"

Nankatsu

Gold Member
It's Halo.

I'm an insider too

Lets Go Yes GIF by NBA

Last edited:

Nydius

Smh.....again, Phil can decide to port games to PS5, while simultaneously shipping exclusives that don't get ported. If you read his statement plainly, he does not imply he will ONLY be shipping exclusives.
So much spin and mental gymnastics to try and avoid accepting the fact that Phil has repeatedly lied to Xbox fans and now the entire brand is on the verge of collapse.

A year ago it was nothing but chest pounding by Xbox fans about games like HiFi Rush, Redfall, and Starfield being only on Xbox and in the last 3 weeks I’ve watched all of their most faithful shills backpedal and act like porting “some games” is a win.

You’re being conditioned for the inevitable and are too blind to see it.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
What would you even consider big from them this gen? Halo or Starfield ? Sure big IPs but not something PS fans are lining up for.

DJ12

Don't think he is referring to Indiana Jones in the video. Big difference between saying Microsoft is "considering" Indiana Jones for PS5 and saying "I know for a fact" that a game is going to PS5.
I hope its forza horizon, just to remove the cope that's its just Bethesda and GaaS stuff.

But happy if that drags on until next time also.

Darsxx82

Don't think he is referring to Indiana Jones in the video. Big difference between saying Microsoft is "considering" Indiana Jones for PS5 and saying "I know for a fact" that a game is going to PS5.
I don't know, it's a question of logic if you have also followed his subsequent statements...

This was recorded on February 2nd and then with the "boom" he created an article pointing out Indiana Jones. In the article Tom assures that it is not as ambiguous as on Twitter and is clearly committed to a safe launch.

A game that only he has put on the table. It would seem strange to me to make an article where he didn't point out the game he was referring to. In fact, Indiana Jones is the game that does what it says.

Having said that. What is clear is that it is nothing new that has been presented today.... more than anything because of what you specilate that it could be a dark leak from MS to test the waters today.

Last edited:

Z O N E

Is it monetized?

Yes. Has an in-game store to buy skins, armour, effects, weapon models, etc.

Also, events, which replaced battlepass seasons where you can get stuff free, but if you want the item for completing the event you need to buy the battlepass or "event pass" now.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I don't know, it's a question of logic if you have also followed his subsequent statements...

This was recorded on February 2nd and then with the "boom" he created an article pointing out Indiana Jones. A game that only he has put on the table. It would seem strange to me to make an article where he didn't point out the game he was referring to. In fact, Indiana Jones is the game that does what it says.

Having said that. What is clear is that it is nothing new that has been presented today.... more than anything because of what was mentioned that it could be a dark leak from MS to test the waters today.
He also mentioned Indy in that clip as an example. Unless he was just trying to distance himself from Indy, to me the game is either Indy or a game we haven't heard rumored yet. Or maybe we have and its so outrageous its hard to believe.

Interesting times ahead.

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

So much spin and mental gymnastics to try and avoid accepting the fact that Phil has repeatedly lied to Xbox fans and now the entire brand is on the verge of collapse.

A year ago it was nothing but chest pounding by Xbox fans about games like HiFi Rush, Redfall, and Starfield being only on Xbox and in the last 3 weeks I’ve watched all of their most faithful shills backpedal and act like porting “some games” is a win.

You’re being conditioned for the inevitable and are too blind to see it.
Whoa there, I believe your definition of "spin and mental gymnastics" are quite different from mine. I am choosing to acknowledge what was plainly stated by Phil throughout this acquisition phase of their company. The spin and mental gymnastics come from individuals who like to pretend these statements say something other than they do. They ignore the context of the ongoing narrative, and choose to act as if one statement (that conveniently fits their bias) supercedes the validity of another. This is on both sides.

Edit: Since you are lumping me in with a group that you describe as "faithful shills", I challenge you to review my post history and provide examples. You will not find a single example of me earnestly celebrating the fact that a game would be coming to Xbox and not another platform. Your naivety and prejudice deceive you, and I can only imagine you would make such a claim, so that you may attempt to dismiss what I say wholecloth, rather than back up any of your assertions with actual thought and evidence.

Last edited:

Darsxx82

He also mentioned Indy in that clip as an example. Unless he was just trying to distance himself from Indy, to me the game is either Indy or a game we haven't heard rumored yet. Or maybe we have and its so outrageous its hard to believe.

Interesting times ahead.

They are already more than interesting, but it is clear that there is still the icing on the cake.🤗

Topher

Gold Member

This was recorded on February 2nd and then with the "boom" he created an article pointing out Indiana Jones. In the article Tom assures that it is not as ambiguous as on Twitter and is clearly committed to a safe launch.

A game that only he has put on the table. It would seem strange to me to make an article where he didn't point out the game he was referring to. In fact, Indiana Jones is the game that does what it says.

Having said that. What is clear is that it is nothing new that has been presented today.... more than anything because of what you specilate that it could be a dark leak from MS to test the waters today.

Perhaps. Indiana Jones would definitely check the "big one" box. If I had to guess, I'd say he is talking about Blade as there as already been a lot of speculation about that one as well.

Edit: actually.....no, not Blade. That would surprise no one at this point. I have no idea really

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
HD2 is doing better than Halo: Infinite

i dunno guys if it is Halo. Xbox is done i tell you, DONE.
More than Halo Infinite (which is an F2P game), I think comparing Helldivers 2 with Sea of Thieves gives us a better picture.

Sea of Thieves is Xbox's biggest GaaS live-service success. And Helldivers already has 2x the all-time peak than Sea of Thieves all-time peak. And Helldivers 2 is going to set a new record today in a few hours.

5dyNdbr.jpg
rnXe862.jpg

And what's more interesting is that Helldivers 2 is by a small studio. Sea of Thieves is by Rare. Sony's big live-service games are actually incoming.

Sony seems all set with GaaS games, and this makes me wonder how games like Halo Infinite and Sea of Thieves would perform on the PS5.

Last edited:
Must be great at Xbox, you do a shit job and remain in place to do an even shittier job resulting in having to release games on supposedly competing consoles.

All the while the possibility that there could have been a group of people who potentially , could have done a better job with hardware and software, simply escapes the conversation of the media and fans alike.

Esppiral

MS already stated their intent to port games "that made sense" on a case by case basis, to other consoles. I'm not seeing what is revelatory about this, or why this would require "inside" knowledge to make this claim.
Yes ,but people is acting as if they never said that so the crush can continue.

Mr Moose

Are those big one's?
Hellblade? No. Indiana Jones? Yes.

It's a recording from February 2, before all this circus.

The game he is referring to would be Indiana Jones, which according to him would be being studied.
Tom already published an article about it.

There is nothing new here.

He said he knows for a fact a big game will be going to PS. That does not say it will it says it's being considered.
d2edbd6a6cf061bf3a885a12432a1e6de657db8c.gif

Last edited:
Gears 5 would be a good one, but its quite old now. You'd have thought it would be something more recent.... but maybe Forza Horizon 5.

I've been toying with trading my XSX, will likely wait to see how things evolve. One console box instead of two would suit me well. My anchor games are actually two old BC games. But if Gears or Halo MCC moved across, it would be enough for me to chuck in the XSX for some dosh, probably.
Can't imagine getting rid of any of my consoles. Only two games hold you to it?

The series x is the first Xbox I have ever owned. Saw no reason to own one seeing I have gaming pc, ps5, switch. Got it as a gift this Xmas and use it primarily for bc og and 360 games (I wish more og xbox titles worked). Have about 30 or so bc games now plus a few "console" exclusives like Grim dawn and star point gemini. Nothing like playing some sacred 2, Crimson skies, morrowind and saints row. Can't play them on ps5 and pc I only use for strategy type games I can play while working.

Ps5 and switch all have their games I couldn't give up unless I was extremely broke

My guess on this is gears or forza horizon, halo is too Xbox mascot territory... Although Xbox owns crash and spyro no so who knows.

Last edited:

Darsxx82

Hellblade? No. Indiana Jones? Yes.

He said he knows for a fact a big game will be going to PS. That does not say it will it says it's being considered.
In the article Tom is more specific and takes the release of Indiana Jones for granted.

Curiously, in his later statements it is not so much and he embraced more the "it is being decided."

I already say that I don't know, but it would be strange to create an article days after that interview putting on the table a game (Indiana Jones) that no one else has pointed out and that fits the description. It's hard for me to believe that he didn't take advantage of all the boom to put on the table in an article a game he's sure about and do it about another game he doesn't 🤔

In any case, it is in his power to clarify, but it is not what I expect from the "insiders" who seek ambiguity on purpose to, if necessary, have their justification.

More than Halo Infinite (which is an F2P game), I think comparing Helldivers 2 with Sea of Thieves gives us a better picture.

Sea of Thieves is Xbox's biggest GaaS live-service success. And Helldivers already has 2x the all-time peak than Sea of Thieves all-time peak. And Helldivers 2 is going to set a new record today in a few hours.

And what's more interesting is that Helldivers 2 is by a small studio. Sea of Thieves is by Rare. Sony's big live-service games are actually incoming.

Sony seems all set with GaaS games, and this makes me wonder how games like Halo Infinite and Sea of Thieves would perform on the PS5.
Nah. Sea of Thieves already existed first on PC through the Microsoft store for 2 years which the majority of PC players played it on first, as well as GamePass before coming to Steam. SoT wasn't a day 1 launch on Steam.

The big one can ONLY mean…….REDFALL! It will be the exclusive BITE BACK WITH A VENGEANCE Edition for its PS5 debut no doubt. PS5 owners are about to be spoiled and never be the same again.

Since people are backtracking on Starfield, Halo and Gears, Im guessing Flight Simulator. That's the only "big" one I can think of, and although it doesn't carry the same weight as previous mentioned, it's a prestige game in MS portfolio.
That's not really a big one though, it didn't even chart in the NPD top 20 the month it came out.

I really don't think any of their big tentpole franchises have much demand on PlayStation anyway, I don't see a lot of PS5 owners buying Halo or Gears to be honest although I think Gears would do better than Halo.

Last edited:

twilo99

Okay, but what is it?

Starfield isn't really a "no one expects it", nor is Gears(it was leaked too if rumors are to be believed).

The only one I could see that might turn some heads is Halo or Forza.

Forza is GaaS so it would make the most sense..

All GaaS games should be on all platforms

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
Gears of War Remastered Collection. Three games in one Collector Edition. That's a "big one".

MarkyG

Good! It's good that people with the other platforms can get to play once exclusive games. I'm a PC player mainly and Sony porting their games to PC is just delightful (when they don't fuck it up).

King Dazzar

Can't imagine getting rid of any of my consoles. Only two games hold you to it?

The series x is the first Xbox I have ever owned. Saw no reason to own one seeing I have gaming pc, ps5, switch. Got it as a gift this Xmas and use it primarily for bc og and 360 games (I wish more og xbox titles worked). Have about 30 or so bc games now plus a few "console" exclusives like Grim dawn and star point gemini. Nothing like playing some sacred 2, Crimson skies, morrowind and saints row. Can't play them on ps5 and pc I only use for strategy type games I can play while working.

Ps5 and switch all have their games I couldn't give up unless I was extremely broke

My guess on this is gears or forza horizon, halo is too Xbox mascot territory... Although Xbox owns crash and spyro no so who knows.
Yeah, lets wait to see how things play out. But PS5 is my preferred platform and if a substantial stuff moves across to PS5, I'll possibly abandon the Xbox ship. It would simplify some of my Tv set up and I'd have the cash for something else. Lets see though. 🙂

Top Bottom