• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Warren [The Verge]: "I know for a fact that there is a big one......that will be going to PlayStation"

midnightAI

Believe Harrison Ford GIF by Indiana Jones

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Forza makes so much sense that It probably won't be that.

There's nothing that can compete with it on playstation and I think it would do huge numbers. Plus it's a bit of a gaas game and can generate continued revenue.

I think they should release those over the space of this year, then next year bring halo, grounded and redfall. Lol

midnightAI

There's nothing that can compete with it on playstation and I think it would do huge numbers. Plus it's a bit of a gaas game and can generate continued revenue.
Huh?

Unless you mean Forza Horizon of course.

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
It’ll be Elder Scrolls 6.
Maybe? I think they would sit on that one for a while longer. A lot of smoke around the Indiana Jones game. I think that might be the one he is talking about. The thing is, if MS launches a new release multiplatform, the headlines are going be about how much more a game sold on PlayStation hardware vs Xbox hardware.

Papa_Wisdom

It’s Killer instinct, halo multiplayer or fight simulator. If it’s the latter and it has vr Support I might actually invest one ps5 and vr.

Or sea of thieves, again with vr support would be good even though I don’t play it

Last edited:
Honestly at this point in my life, i simply do not care what games a playable where, all i care about is good games. If Xbox wants to be a publisher of all platforms other than it's own, so be it. They have a list of well renowned IP that everyone knows, most people grew up on and although they are underperforming right now, doesn't mean they cant have that magic again regardless of where the IP goes. Are people really suggesting that just because Xbox aren't making it solely for their own platform, they wont play a good game when it releases? Bullshit, the gaming community is so fickle and willing to flip that when a good game comes, they'll happily be hypocrites and buy it.

I honestly don't blame them, there is nothing they can really do at this point to compete on a hardware level. Sony has brand loyalty and fire out highly rated games all the time. Nintendo is on a different playing field with hardware, but also has major brand loyalty and some of the most know IP in gaming history. Xbox at this point have only had one good generation and that was the 360. They actually had Playstation fearing for their own future but still fucked it up. Microsoft are just too big and too corporate for Xbox to have one unified vision and support in the way it should be. If Xbox was it's own company completely independant of Microsoft but still funded by them then maybe it would be different, but it is what it is. Phil can say whatever he wants about his future visions for Xbox but we all know if the higher ups demand change, he must comply or be axed from his job.

The only possible thing Xbox could do on the hardware front is make an absolutely ridiculously spec'd console that would require them to take a loss on. Make a console so abundantly ahead of it's competition, and match their prices and it would be a home run. Of course, this would probably not even be a discussion Sataya would even entertain but it's the most obvious solution. Make a beast of a console, make it simple, no added fluff like "TV" etc and make some amazing showcase games wether it be first or 3rd party and reap the rewards.

ByWatterson

Okay, but what is it?

Starfield isn't really a "no one expects it", nor is Gears(it was leaked too if rumors are to be believed).

The only one I could see that might turn some heads is Halo or Forza.

I think anything that is live service or multiplayer is coming.

Halo Infinite is such a complete package now - they'd be foolish not to send it over for the last couple years of its life.

nemiroff

Gold Member

I think they should release those over the space of this year, then next year bring halo, grounded and redfall. Lol
I agree, it (Forza Horizon) would be the perfect game to put on PS. It's fucking awesome, and it would make it real hard for Sony fans to hate it. It would make a LOT of additional money for MS.

Edit: I would personally also like to see Flight Simulator (probably would be the upcoming 2024 title) on PS as the franchise imo deserve as much reach as possible. Like FH, I think it would also be a title hard to hate.

Last edited:

WitchHunter

Banned
Solitaire will be released for PS5. IMMEDIATELY.

I agree, it (Forza Horizon) would be the perfect game to put on PS. It's fucking awesome, and it would make it real hard for Sony fans to hate it. It would make a LOT of additional money for MS.
Yeah, it's the biggest embarassment ever made in the history of driving games. If any aliens land on planet Earth and see that game, we are fucked. They gonna call the asteroid.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
I agree, it (Forza Horizon) would be the perfect game to put on PS. It's fucking awesome, and it would make it real hard for Sony to hate it. It would make a LOT of additional money for MS.

I could see that. After Halo Infinite and MCC, Forza Horizon 5 is the most successful Xbox game on Steam as far as peak player count. If Microsoft is going to go to the effort of putting a game on PS then I'd expect it to be one that they believe will make the most money. Forza Horizon 5 fits.

GJrk94t.png

Last edited:

Wulfer

Not exactly a "big one".
You've played it right? Otherwise your words mean dity. It is big and has its own large market store outside of the Xbox/PC store! Someone must be playing it, I bought a flight stick for it. Also, its the only game of its kind on console! PC gamers have known how great it is for years!

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Another fucking neckbeard who just wants to draw ‘clout’ and ‘respect’ from Xbox fans by saying something and nothing at the same time.

Just say you know a ’big game’ is being ported, so you can point to whatever one it is, at whatever time and go ‘ha! See! I’m an INSIDER. Follow me on social media and help me earn a few dollars from my pathetic mewlings!’

Either shit or get off the pot, you fat cunt.

Last edited:

Huh?

Gran Turismo already outcompetes it.

If anything, Forza is probably the one that makes least sense to port.

splattered

Yeah thinking about this more it's probably the next elders scrolls. Starfield didn't perform up to expectations so they prob want to test the waters with a big Bethesda title that's still in development.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
Starfield or Flight Simulator. They don't have any other big title in their hands. Psvr2 would be perfect for Flight Sim so I think Microsoft won't let that happen(right?).

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Without a doubt it’s Halo the games lost a ton of its prestige and Microsoft nerfs to keep it relative!

Master chief collection on Sony would sell batches and reignite the franchise.

Top Bottom