• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Warren [The Verge]: "I know for a fact that there is a big one......that will be going to PlayStation"

Topher

Gold Member
Tom Warren speaking on Xbox games going to PlayStation. Aside from Sea of Thieves and Hi Fi Rush.

"I know for a fact that there is a big one that I think a people will be very surprised at that will be going to PlayStation"

Will Smith Reaction GIF

Last edited:

King Dazzar

Gears 5 would be a good one, but its quite old now. You'd have thought it would be something more recent.... but maybe Forza Horizon 5.

I've been toying with trading my XSX, will likely wait to see how things evolve. One console box instead of two would suit me well. My anchor games are actually two old BC games. But if Gears or Halo MCC moved across, it would be enough for me to chuck in the XSX for some dosh, probably.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Tom Warren speaking on Xbox games going to PlayStation. Aside from Sea of Thieves and Hi Fi Rush.

"I know for a fact that there is a big one that I think a people will be very surprised at that will be going to PlayStation"

Will Smith Reaction GIF

I expected these today its why I hinted at that in one of my replies earlier

As of Aug? Sept maybe? Whenever I first mentioned Xbox wanted like a 2 year window of having the strongest hardware I can say at that point they did not look to be playing it safe

It will be curious how in depth the talk goes with this meeting

I think the circle of people who know what’s up grew yesterday, will be curious to see if anyone gets fed any info in the next 48 hours

I expected these today its why I hinted at that in one of my replies earlier

Okay, but is it really shocking enough to "turn heads"? Only Forza could do that, imo since it'd then be on the same platform as Gran Turismo. ..

Or maybe Halo: MCC since it'd have games NEVER on PlayStation in 20 years. Though same with Forza but more of a shock to see Chief.

Since people are backtracking on Starfield, Halo and Gears, Im guessing Flight Simulator. That's the only "big" one I can think of, and although it doesn't carry the same weight as previous mentioned, it's a prestige game in MS portfolio.

I don't think they even know to be honest. It's anyone's guess at this point.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Okay, but is it really shocking enough to "turn heads"? Only Forza could do that, imo since it'd then be on the same platform as Gran Turismo. ..

Or maybe Halo: MCC since it'd have games NEVER on PlayStation in 20 years. Though same with Forza but more of a shock to see Chief.
Your first time reading rumors from clout chasers? Could be Candy Crush for how much these guys overhype their bullshit.

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

MS already stated their intent to port games "that made sense" on a case by case basis, to other consoles. I'm not seeing what is revelatory about this, or why this would require "inside" knowledge to make this claim.

Last edited:

Mowcno

I hope the announcement next week is crystal clear on what to expect. But I wouldn't be surprised if it's not and still leaves room for "will they won't they" discussion around different games being ported for a long time.

Top Bottom