• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider I-III Remastered Releases on February 14, 2024 (Switch, PS4/5, XBX/S, PC)

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
srsly
-main character is quiet and doesent speak

But she's moaning!

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

tommib

How do these animals survive in enclosed environments, sometimes all alone in a room in a forgotten tomb?
I always thought they were some kind of supernatural creatures. That was one the things that always left me uneasy about the whole thing. Specially in the original version with the black skybox. It’s like you’re in the depths of some pre-historic earth.

Fantastic stuff.

Filben

They should’ve added 60 fps to the original mode and bilinear filtering, just like the 3DFX and PowerVR versions back in the day.

It would be my preferred way to play. I like the remaster but the original graphics just bring a different mood.
Maybe there will be mods for that later. We can only hope. Personally, I don't mind 30fps with that title. They're rather slow games and don't profit that much from 60fps like let's say Doom.

BigLee74

And it's a worse game in every other possible way. Puzzles are almost non existent, levels cut etc.
Nah, Anniversay is a great reimagining, with much better puzzles (more than find the lever) and more engaging (slightly) combat. Some of the reworked levels are outstanding, whilst still retaining the general look and feel of the original.

Both can be good!

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
This is a fantastic collection and the definitive way to play them.
This game deserves an OT Gaf, I'd do one but I just don't the time this week 😔

emivita

Jump roll and statistics tracker are such a godsend in TR1R. And I fucking love when mummies explode, the gfx effects are soo satisfying.

Top Bottom