• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider - New Info and More Coming - 100,000 Facebook Likes For A Teaser

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
SolidSnakex said:
CD's yet to disappoint with their TR games. No reason to think that this would be any different.
Considering that Underworld devolved into a frustrating masochistic mess by the end of the game, I'd say that they've definitely disappointed with that one. To be honest, reading feature set of this game from the last update they gave, was also worrying. It read like a laundry list of potentially bad design decisions.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
I hope they introduce a hardcore mode where they remove any hand holding features; no HUD, harder AI and can easily be killed, because that would sure create an unforgettable experience for myself. *Cross fingers*

Zeona

Neo Member
I fear that the end result might be closer to the 3 previous TR games than most people expect. Still, what we know so far looks very promising and I hope the game lives up to it.

moozoom

First time Lara is actually hot (goodbye awkward oversized pointy boobs and bizarre face features ), the artworks are really looking good. Let's hope the in-game model will be close to the concept art.

The XBLA game was surprisingly cool and made me wonder where they could take the franchise next, I'll keep an eye on this - without too many hopes. At least the artbook will be worth a purchase.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
SolidSnakex said:
CD's yet to disappoint with their TR games. No reason to think that this would be any different.

Nonetheless, it's still jumping the gun. People said the same about Sonic once upon a time. :p

Amir0x

Banned
At camp we can buy skills, create new devices or re-quests missions already passed. In the rest of the area we will look for or climb up to new "missions". "

Man, I don't know about this game. I hope the whole game is one massive tomb to raid. I'm not sure who requested this shit in a Tomb Raider game but I have to have some optimism after Lara Croft.

All I want is Lara Croft raiding tombs.

-BLITZ-

She looks more beaten than John McClane from first Die Hard. Hardly I can watch the poster with her having such depth arm wound. Makes me to give some tears :). Still the art is so great made, that I want it too.

szaromir

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
I consider Legend's claustrophobic levels a huge disappointment. The latter half of Underworld was a bit messy, too.

Amir0x said:
Man, I don't know about this game. I hope the whole game is one massive tomb to raid. I'm not sure who requested this shit in a Tomb Raider game but I have to have some optimism after Lara Croft.

All I want is Lara Croft raiding tombs.

That was called Tomb Raider Underworld, I believe. It was fairly disappointing.

Totally down for something fresh and new, myself.

Daigoro

Lara Croft: First Blood Part II?

everything looks and sounds great, except for "quick time events". fuck that shit.

i would like a Tomb Raider with more fluent controls though.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
As a note, if anyone is looking at blurry images, they are not looking at the correct high res scans. There are flawless ones out now, which is what Sn4ke_911 is referring to.

gdt

I just wrapped up the Tomb Raider Trilogy recently, and the games were great. Same thing over and over, but still great.

I'm down for this shake up.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Nirolak said:
As a note, if you are looking at blurry images, you are not looking at the correct high res scans. There are flawless ones out now.

That's what i meant ;)

StuBurns

Banned
Just to actually be very excited for a Tomb Raider game is a pretty rare treat. Although I had systems before the PS1, Tomb Raider was such a big thing for me as child. I cant wait to see a trailer.

Salz01

Saw the scans... there is nothing really that much to go by. Will wait for trailer to get any sort of hype for me going.

daffy

Banned
Sweet jesus thank you

This game is gonna be the best

Not gonna look for these scans but I will anxiously await the incoming info

JohngPR

Looks great! I'm really hope this is shaping up to be something special. Looks like there's a lot of potential.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I really hope all these influences doesn't stop an inspired product. A part of me knows that this is just a cash in and the only creative spark they have is when the stole ideas. But, I can try to be optimistic.

Top Bottom