• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomodachi Life can include singing Morgan Freeman

Bagu

Well ...this is worthy of it's own thread.

We basically need a new Tomodachi thread every 4 hours.
So a little tomodachi told me that two or three E3s from now, Nintendo is going to open up their press conference with that exact song while a people dance around Ninty's new VR headset. Comes bundled with VR Tomodachi.

I still can't fathom why they went with leaving Tomodachi untranslated, then switched out the only English word in the title for another one.

Ragus

Banned
Is this a prebaked song? Or can I, for example, make a song, where D'Angelo from The Wire sings bout that life?

I still can't fathom why they went with leaving Tomodachi untranslated, then switched out the only English word in the title for another one.

Because 'Life' is more descriptive than 'collection'. And Tamagotchi was popular enough to show that similar words can sell in the west. 'Tomodachi friends' wouldn't be too bad if you don't mind the funny tautology.

maxcriden

ETA: Apologies for the double post.

Is this a prebaked song? Or can I, for example, make a song, where D'Angelo from The Wire sings bout that life?

WHERE
WHERE YOU GOIN'
STRING
STRING
WHERE
WHERE'S WALLACE
YOU GONNA TAKE CARE OF ME
CARVER
YOU GONNA
TAKE CARE OF
WALLACE
YOU GONNA
TAKE CARE OF
KENARD

I believe they said you can make your own lyrics.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Because 'Life' is more descriptive than 'collection'. And Tamagotchi was popular enough to show that similar words can sell in the west. 'Tomodachi friends' wouldn't be too bad if you don't mind the funny tautology.

And if anyone is wondering, Tomodachi = Friend in Japanese

And fun fact, the similar Tamagotchi is a uniquely Japanese combination of the words Tomodachi, Tamago (Japanese for egg) and watch.

Ragus

Banned

WHERE
WHERE YOU GOIN'
STRING
STRING
WHERE
WHERE'S WALLACE
CARVER
YOU GONNA
TAKE CARE OF
WALLACE
YOU GONNA
TAKE CARE OF
KENARD

It has to become a reality.

This game and Rusty's Baseball makes me think of something: holy shit is Nintendo crazy (in a good way!)

I can't imagine Sony or MS doing this and people having a laugh. Nintendo tho? They can do it and they can fucking nail' it*

*This is no console war crap or whatnot. I hope someone gets my point.

GooeyHeat

This game and Rusty's Baseball makes me think of something: holy shit is Nintendo crazy (in a good way!)

I can't imagine Sony or MS doing this and people having a laugh. Nintendo tho? They can do it and they can fucking nail' it*

*This is no console war crap or whatnot. I hope someone gets my point.
It's like, if Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo were competing in an apple pie baking contest, Sony and Microsoft would be competing to find the freshest apples, make the best crust, and cook it all perfectly, while Nintendo would just find a particularly large gourd, hit the judge in the face with it, and say something about sending pumpkins directly to you. It might not win the grand prize, but we'd all notice.

Penguin

I would imagine that if it takes off, they have something uniquely named to keep the branding.

I mean like if they had named Pokemon Pocket Monster, it would have been easier to swallow, but when you hear Pokemon it is a very distinct word.

Porcile

WHERE
WHERE YOU GOIN'
STRING
STRING
WHERE
WHERE'S WALLACE
CARVER
YOU GONNA
TAKE CARE OF
WALLACE
YOU GONNA
TAKE CARE OF
KENARD

Fucking LOL.
OMAR COMIN'

Cody_D165

Banned

20121005032707!Lawd.gif

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
This game is from the makers of WarioWare. Now the insanity makes sense.
Also, I changed my avatar in anticipation.

Top Bottom