• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tons Of Mass Effect 3 GamesCom Details

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
♥ ♥ DennisK4 ♥ ♥

Dennis

Banned
Anteater said:
Sounds great

Not sure if I want to see Tali's face, pretty sure she looks like a dinosaur.
I don't think they will show her face.

She will pull off her veil for Shepard and they will kiss but her back will be turned to us so we won't get too see her face.

At this point, no matter how they made her look the fans would be unhappy. Leave it to the imagination.

Lakitu

st5fu
Feeling a little more positive, I have to say. Especially after the first two awful trailers.

This and the stuff that we're going to go back to the Presidium has me excited.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
DennisK4 said:
Leave it to the imagination.
Trust me, you wouldn't want me to do this.

Nemesis_

Rad- said:
tumblr_lnsr3r5Pqq1qafmil.jpg

9mtlB.jpg

WJD said:
Really wish Garrus hadn't died in my save :(
I'm probably just going to get a Mass Effect 2 savegame from the internet with all the right choices made. Did the same with importing ME1 games in ME2 and that worked just fine.

If you import a level 30 Shepard from ME2. You will start with a level 30 character in ME3. The level cap had been raised to 60.

Solo

Existing music from ME1 and ME2 will make its way into ME3.

So you go out of your way to hire Clint Mansell, and then you turn around and dump old music back in? lolz.

Don't get me wrong, I love Jack Wall's ME1 score, but if they wanted that, they should have brought him back. When you bring a guy like Mansell in, you let him do his own thing.

Mithos

The fate of the squad mates will not always be up to the player and decisions that feels right can prove to be harmful.

It going to be a LONG LONG game, reload, replay, reload, replay........

JoeBoy101

Mithos said:
It going to be a LONG LONG game, reload, replay, reload, replay........

Christ, I'm already spending forever getting my three main characters tied to storylines from start of ME1 through ME2.

Monocle

I think it would be a mistake to show Tali's face. The mystery is part of her appeal. I'm very eager to see the faces of other Quarians, though.

The Joker & EDI romance needs to happen, and Shepard should be able to piss off EDI by seducing Joker.

Rad- said:
WTF

MNC

I'm with Chinner on this one, it was funny seeing the face once, but it's... not doing anything for my funnybone to read the stories. Also are we supposed to post our shepards now?

Well slap me silly, they seem to have learned from ME2. Being able to import all your abilities from the previous game is damn cool. Going back to ME1-style XP system suits me just fine.

But WTF at using music from the previous games?! They've got Clint Bloody Mansell!

So, half of the list is things that should have been part of ME2 in the first place, and the other half is a bunch of stuff that makes me shake my head.

Can't wait for that joker/edi romance, I hope the normandy's fully equipped to make that as powerful of a cutscene as the sheperd romance cutscenes. It will probably be the one that makes me cry.

James Vega voiced by a secret, awesome voice actor? Nolan, is that you?

At least they sound like they're sticking with a smaller squad. I only pray they don't mean one or two less than last time.

If you actually do manage to tie all of the side quests in (effectively) to the overall story, I'll be really happy in that regard. I hope it's not just "this thing's happening. do it to make this small group like you on facebook and fight the reapers."

Doomshine

So will this be the cycle for all Bioware franchises now?

Ambitious game with tons of shit in it, some working better than others -> Quick sequel stripped and streamlined into oblivion -> Something in between.

Sennorin

Banned
This whole "indoctrinated people eeeeeverywhere" is so silly. Cheaply justifies any shit Bioware wants to pull on us.

Also, sad to see exploration gone for good. That Bioware doesn´t understand that, besides the bland sidequest design, the Mako-exploration was fun, is beyond my mind.

And, step closer, dear Bioware. Good, now listen:
show - us - Tali´s - face. DO IT!

Sounds awesome! Hoping they pour all their love into the final installment, but is a freaking worthless "achievement" the only real bonus for transferring a save from ME1->ME2->ME3?

Derrick01

Banned
Outside of the ridiculously stupid and unnecessary romance crap most of that info sounds reasonable. Best thing I could pick out was them getting rid of the retarded mission complete screen and going back to the ME1 xp system, where you got xp for each kill and hack.

They like to pretend that they're the only ones who take romance in games serious and then we see something like "joker and EDI romance being looked at, joker and shepard as well". For fuck's sake Bioware.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I'm so glad I saved the Collector Base so that I can return there for an evening of exotic romance with Joker while Vagina-Face EDI watches

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Y2Kev said:
I'm so glad I saved the Collector Base so that I can return there for an evening of exotic romance with Joker while Vagina-Face EDI watches

EDI's AI will probably be plugged into a sexy lady robot.

Anyways, some details sound promising, some sound questionable. I do like the idea of a backstory mission for Shep that's focused on the background you chose in ME1.

dr_rus

Pretty much good stuff all around but for the no exploration bit. Bioware, if something's broken, you fix it, you don't remove it altogether.

Also I still don't think that anyone should be excited about squad mates who could've died in ME2 returning. It'll be like Wrex cameo in ME2 at best.

Snuggler said:
I do like the idea of a backstory mission for Shep that's focused on the background you chose in ME1.

They did this (albeit very limited and didn't really impact the story/outcome of missions) in ME1, so it's good to see them pick up the idea and make something of it.

Some pretty interesting stuff that is slightly tarnished by some seriously WTF stuff. Specifically crap like this :-

HarryHengst said:
Joker EDI romance is being "looked at".

I am a huge Mass Effect fan but crap like that just makes me shake my head. No Bioware you shouldn't be "looking at it" you should be laughing your arse off at it and thinking "my god we have some sad fans".

Overall though I really was a bit "meh" about everything they showed at this convention.

Rpgmonkey said:
What the hell at the romance stuff though.
It's simple, really: Sheperd is space jesus. If he has sex with everything, his savior powers will transfer to them. That is the only true way to defeat all of the reapers.

Top Bottom