• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5 to be full priced release ($60-PS4/ONE,$40-360/PS3)

Fat4all

Banned
You posted a screen shot. Come back when you show it to me in motion. Until then you're useless to me.

Why are you in this thread if you only want gameplay footage? There isn't any yet, so there's no conversation here for you to have if that's all you want.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Why are you in this thread if you only want gameplay footage? There isn't any yet, so there's no conversation here for you to have if that's all you want.

Well you're ranting about the cost and I thought you might want a bit more information about the product before you went on your price rant. But hey, everybody is different.

bronk

Banned
I want it to be good! But those screenshots and those explanations. I just know its gonna suck. Nooooooo.

The cynicism is justified and yeah graphically the game looks weak, but damn is it depressing to have a new THPS with this much hate going for it

I just need to see how it plays/feels. Don't give a fuck about graphics it's a Tony Hawk game. If they just put out a straight port of one of the older ones I'd buy it, and I have them/a PS2 (albeit not hooked up) sitting in my room. God I miss these games

Rocketz

Normally I'm one to say "eh I'll wait for gameplay to make judgement" but with the screens and the info we got, I'm going to need to be wowed at this price. I don't think it's going to happen either. It just looks bad all around.

The cynicism is justified and yeah graphically the game looks weak, but damn is it depressing to have a new THPS with this much hate going for it

What do you expect when you have a game attempting to harken back to the glory days, as made by the team who completely bungled that exact thing with their previous work?

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD proved that Robomodo shouldn't be the developer doing this.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Wow, three words, I should lie down.

(You should look up the definition of "rant")

Oh boy.

I'm sorry, should I explain to you in detail what I just meant by that?
And you should know beforehand that you posted a picture which is in some circles worth a thousand words.

CEQXQnfWgAId5-2.jpg:large

Sixty. Dollars.

Sixty.

ps-experience-screenshot-12.jpg

Sixty. Dollars.

Sixty.

Demoskinos

I mean, I can get the skepticism with Robomodo but lets put things into perspective the other THPS games they did were all saddled around awful gimmicks and THPS HD was a downloadable game with a pretty limited budget and development window. Also who were Rocksteady games before batman? Oh thats right they were putting out hot bangers like Urban Chaos:Riot Response.

Robomodo can have their batman moment too. They might also fail but for fucks sake people need to dial this shit down a bit until we get actual impressions from people who have played the game.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I'm fine with you apologizing for the game and yourself in one thread, sure.

Well seeing as your three words were associated the picture you posted , and somehow you tried to disassociate yourself from that picture, I'm going to decline. But you keep on being you.

rjc571

Banned
I just want to put this out there.

The last WWE game looks WAY better than this. And those games are like the benchmark for terrible looking AAA games. And we don't even know if this is 60 FPS yet or not. Hooo boy.

Hell, the last WWF game looks way better than this!

DrkSage

Skate 3 looks better than this. skate 3 a game released 5 years ago.
Can't believe I'm saying this but... Save us EA, give us skate 4 please!

Shit got pretty crazy and awesome in THPS3 and 4 so I have no idea why powerups and projectiles are such a turnoff for many. I'm glad this isn't a Skate clone as much as I loved that series. The more crazy combos chains the better.

Still waiting for gameplay. The only really bad thing about THPSHD was the physics engine being garbage. If that's fixed I'm hyped. I really don't care how good the game looks.

I'd feel better paying $60 for that knowing the work that went into it. Judging from what we've been told about THPS5, knowing Robomodo is the developer based on the screenshots it barely sounds worthy of a $20 release.

What if they have been putting all the effort into actually making a good arcadey skateboarding game mechanics instead of working on the textures and physics of Tony Hawk's fringe.

The graphics>all opinion of current gen systems is super depressing. Hopefully it will be a super fast 60FPS game so the last thing you will be worrying about is his hair.

Fat4all

Banned
Well seeing as your three words were associated the picture you posted , and somehow you tried to disassociate yourself from that picture, I'm going to decline. But you keep on being you.

I'm not disassociating anything. The game looks like shit. Here's all the info we have:

- shitty screenshots
- shitty price
- shitty THPS port

Maybe there will be a trailer that's awesome. Maybe it'll show that the gameplay is awesome. I WANT that to happen. I WANT it to blow my nips off.

But until then, I'll shit on it all I want, m'kay?

There's your rant.

Yoday

THPS games don't need amazing graphics to be good. They never did. This can be a good game still.
When a game looks as bad as this does it tells you something about what kind of production values are going into it. If the production values are low enough to produce this kind of awful, then how serious are they really taking the rest of the game? When a game looks as low budget as this does, it usually is. It reminds me of what Activision puts into the Spiderman games, and we all know how that turns out.

Why in the hell would anyone give anything from this franchise the benefit of the doubt after recent years? You have to 've pretty gullible to look at this project and not see a huge cash grab if this is 60

Demoskinos

Why in the hell would anyone give anything from this franchise the benefit of the doubt after recent years? You have to 've pretty gullible to look at this project and not see a huge cash grab if this is 60

Yeah, this project we have one article in game informer about?

Going to reserve judgement until we actually see footage. Could actually be great in motion.

There is no way that you can make the things in those screens look good even in motion. I mean maybe these are alpha pics but it would be weird to release them.

amnesiac

There is no way that you can make the things in those screens look good even in motion. I mean maybe these are alpha pics but it would be weird to release them.

I agree that the graphics seem pretty overwhelming, but THPS 1-4 didn't have impressive graphics and they played incredibly well. As long as the gameplay is decent and completely unlike THPS HD, I will be happy.

I agree that the graphics seem pretty overwhelming, but THPS 1-4 didn't have impressive graphics and they played incredibly well. As long as the gameplay is decent and completely unlike THPS HD, I will be happy.

Right I just don't see why they deserve the benefit of the doubt.

I'm not disassociating anything. The game looks like shit. Here's all the info we have:

- shitty screenshots
- shitty price
- shitty THPS port

Maybe there will be a trailer that's awesome. Maybe it'll show that the gameplay is awesome. I WANT that to happen. I WANT it to blow my nips off.

But until then, I'll shit on it all I want, m'kay?

There's your rant.

How does this make any sense, whatsoever?

They're selling it for the expected price of a console game in 2015. That's not news, that's a baseline. It means we can expect content equivalent to a disc-based product, rather than a strictly downloadable title.

You've got some screenshots that look sub-par, and a developer with a bad skateboarding game under their belt. I will forgive you for not leaking hype. But being this dismissive seems excessive.

Also who were Rocksteady games before batman? Oh thats right they were putting out hot bangers like Urban Chaos:Riot Response.

Robomodo can have their batman moment too.

Did you play Urban Chaos? It was quite highly regarded, most outlets at the time gave it 8/10 if I remember correctly.

Main issue with that game is that it came out well after the Xbox 360 did. Didn't get much attention due to being a last gen only release.

Robomodo on the other hand have been putting out games for the last 6 years without much success critically. This could turn out good but the likelihood isn't great.

Top Bottom