• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Too Human cover story in EGM - "I will never give gaf an exclusive" says Dyack'

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Russ said:
Not in so many words. I just expected this forum's adminitration to conduct themselves in a more responsible manner. I thought GAF prided in the fact they were home to so many industry insiders yet civil discourse was cockblocked by the admin themselves. Its more than dissapointing.

Just change the title of this place to NeoGamefaqs and be done with it.

Youve got alot to learn!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
sp0rsk said:
Thetrin to be fair i never played the original psx version, Ive only played MGSTT.

Fuck, no wonder. It may not have the same impact if you play it now, but at the time, it was one of the best games on PSX. Probably a good idea to hunt it down and play it anyway.

Trident

Loaded With Aspartame
Russ said:
Not in so many words. I just expected this forum's adminitration to conduct themselves in a more responsible manner. I thought GAF prided in the fact they were home to so many industry insiders yet civil discourse was cockblocked by the admin themselves. Its more than dissapointing.

Just change the title of this place to NeoGamefaqs and be done with it.

Someone never played Twin Snakes.

Speevy

Banned
If you're involved in the process of making games, I have as much respect for you as I have for anyone doing something interesting that I will never be able to do myself. That is, a great deal.

sprsk

Mrbob said:
Really? Then explain the miziguchi lovefest found at gaf, even in the face of mediocre tripe (99 nights).

You should probably read my sentence again? And doesnt N3 come out tomorrow?

Duderz

Banned
Mrbob said:
Really? Then explain the miziguchi lovefest found at gaf, even in the face of mediocre tripe (99 nights).

PS- Too Human is going to be GOTY so you better got on the bandwagon before you are left behind!

Rez > Silicon Knights.

But, shock, I can enjoy them both!

Ark-AMN

Banned
Trident said:
Someone never played Twin Snakes.
I still want to hear what specifically is wrong with the game other than it doesn't live up to the original.

I personally don't like the Metal Gear series at all, but I didn't think the game was a complete abortion like everyone here makes it out to be, while not blaming Konami for any of it either (Kojima was still overseeing it).

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Mrbob said:

I remember duckroll, Bebpo and Jonnyram running the 99 nights demo into the ground. The Mizuguchi lovefest is reserved to Lumines and Rez, which are both absolutely amazing games.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Ark-AMN said:
I still want to hear what specifically is wrong with the game other than it doesn't live up to the original.

I personally don't like the Metal Gear series at all, but I didn't think the game was a complete abortion like everyone here makes it out to be, while not blaming Konami for any of it either (Kojima was still overseeing it).
I was under the impression that SK only handled the technical aspect of the game like the engine and graphics... and that Konami handled everything else?... I'm probably wrong though.

sprsk

Mrbob said:
I think I read it but perhaps you should read it again.

*golf clap*

Here let me rephrase "not everyone is totally enveloped in hero worship, so not everyone will be like you mister arkamn."

And bob you should know not to judge a game by its demo. One of the most celebrated xbox games on this forum (riddick) had an awful demo.

thetrin

The biggest problem with TT was that the inclusion of FP shooting made bosses like Psycho Mantis and Revolver Ocelot so much easier than they originally were. I enjoyed the Kitamura cutscenes, but something about the way it looked made it feel like a chopped up MGS2 shoe horned into MGS...which is what it really ended up being. It was unbalanced, and in parts, way too easy.

BigBoss

Error2k4 said:
I was under the impression that SK only handled the technical aspect of the game like the engine and graphics... and that Konami handled everything else?... I'm probably wrong though.

Kojima's team only handled the cutscenes which were the worst part of the game, damn Kitamura.

Mrbob

sp0rsk said:
Here let me rephrase "not everyone is totally enveloped in hero worship, so not everyone will be like you mister arkamn."

And bob you should know not to judge a game by its demo. One of the most celebrated xbox games on this forum (riddick) had an awful demo.

The truth is out on the game already. Between the shoddy demo and the lackluster famitsu score compiled with complaints stemming from the demo (no ai), equals a shoddy gameplay experience. But I'm sure it'll be pimped to greatness because miziguchi is involved and nothing he touches could be bad. Only one more day left to fall on the "It isn't the final version!" excuse.

Amir0x

Banned
tegdf said:
I hope Dyack and SK owns all you haters when Too Human comes out

Just for the record, I'm not a Too Human hater. It's currently one of my most anticipated next-gen games. I'm just funin'.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Joe said:
i think people are going overboard with the hate because they know he's reading/posting here so they get some sort of e-thrill talking shit about games.
You need to do some serious scanning of past threads because there have been many discussions that have been filled with far more hatred for Eternal Darkness and/or MGS: The Twin Snakes and none of that had anything to do with a notion that Dyack might be reading.

Tellaerin

Drinky Crow said:
Given the "quality" of plots found in most if not all Japanese games, I'd say maybe western developers know their own limitations.

I'd still prefer to see developers taking a stab at giving their games meaningful plots instead of just throwing their hands in the air and saying 'fuck it', even if the results don't always meet the standards of the esteemed judges here at NeoGAF. :p

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
BigBoss said:
Kojima's team only handled the cutscenes which were the worst part of the game, damn Kitamura.

WTF, I really enjoyed the cutscenes in TS.
Would playing the PSone version have an impact on my enjoyment of TS's cutscenes? [runs]

Cheerilee

Denis Dyack said:
Classic. People love to hate around here. I especially laughed at the point where ruby_onix "Actually, … paraphrased some…" interviews “a bit” which continued with a tirade from MrSandonic accusing the forum of “not reading” (LOL – nice find), finally ending with Mike Works’ Tourette’s syndrome grand finale.

Some of you are very "special".

:lol
Heh. I just didn't know how to react to Mike's reaction to my post. These guys are scary sometimes. :)

sprsk

Mrbob said:
The truth is out on the game already. Between the shoddy demo and the lackluster famitsu score compiled with complaints stemming from the demo (no ai), equals a shoddy gameplay experience. But I'm sure it'll be pimped to greatness because miziguchi is involved and nothing he touches could be bad. Only one more day left to fall on the "It isn't the final version!" excuse.

Well im getting the game tomorrow so ill post impressions. As a DW fan i will try to give the most honest impressions i can. Cause even though i love REZ Lumines and sega rally I did not enjoy the demo for n3 the first time around.

BigBoss

Danthrax said:
WTF, I really enjoyed the cutscenes in TS.
Would playing the PSone version have an impact on my enjoyment of TS's cutscenes? [runs]

Probably its not that they're bad they just show Snake as having Neo-like powers when he doesn't have these abilities in any of the other games, they just don't flow well with the rest of the series.

White Man

Mrbob said:
Between the shoddy demo and the lackluster famitsu score compiled with complaints stemming from the demo (no ai), equals a shoddy gameplay experience.

That demo was released quite a bit in advance of the final game, and Famitsu scores mean shit. Nintendogs, anyone?

It was a lazy port. It's visuals didn't match MGS2s and while it did add in all the gameplay additions of MGS2, they were all either useless or game breaking. If you're going to introduce first person aiming, ledge hanging, and hold-ups into the game, you have to <shock> redesign the game around those elements.

The cutscenes were also crap, and the voice acting was subpar as far as MGS games go, but that's apparently Konami's fault.

I don't think it would've been very difficult for them to hit a dinger with a remake of a game that was limited by the technology of the day when it originally came out. As it stands, I wonder if SK spent more than a day playtesting Twin Snakes. It takes like a half hour to get to one of the most broken moments in the game - the Ocelot fight. Didn't anyone say, "Hey, this is really easy now?"

Ark-AMN

Banned
Well, blame that on Kitamura, not Denis or SK. In fact, blame it on Kojima for allowing Kitamura to direct the game.

TheDuce22

Banned
I think everyone should keep this thread in mind next time Kutaragi starts spouting out nonsense, which is basically the next time he touches a mic.

sprsk

White Man said:
That demo was released quite a bit in advance of the final game, and Famitsu scores mean shit. Nintendogs, anyone?

Im pretty sure the demo is the same as the first playable tgs demo.

Danthrax said:

Yes? No? Who knows. The cutscenes in TS are different (i.e. new camera angles, new dialogue, etc.) but the differences aren't that dramatic, imo. My major qualm was the opening cinema of TS when compared to the orginal on the PS. The PS cinema was just a hell of a lot better. Torpedos FTW.

The problem with going back and playing the PS version is that it's not 1998 anymore. The graphics haven't aged very well so it's not going to seem very impressive anyway.

BigBoss

Ark-AMN said:
Well, blame that on Kitamura, not Denis or SK. In fact, blame it on Kojima for allowing Kitamura to direct the game.

I do, I have no problems with Denis Dyack or Silicon Knights, my beef with TTS resides solely on the shoulders of Kojima and Kitamura.

Mr_Moogle

I played the original MGS and then the remake on Gamecube many years after. I thought Twin Snakes was pretty dammed good. I would agree that it didn't fully live up to its potential though.

Graphically, it was on par with MGS2 but it didn't really take advantage of the cubes superior hardware. The gameplay was like a 50/50 mixture between MGS and MGS2. Its like playing MGS2 without the crappy storyline and stupid mullet hairstyle.

I thought the new cutscenes were really entertaining. Some of them might have been and little too over-the-top (Snake jumping on missiles) but overall, they were far better than the ones found in the original.

Twin Snakes is definately worth picking up if you can find a copy.

White Man

ronito said:
I blame Kitamura for Eternal Darkness while I'm at it.

Well, we'll have Dyack eat him, or whatever portion of Kitamura he can fit into his stapled stomach.

Some of them might have been and little too over-the-top (Snake jumping on missiles) but overall, they were far better than the ones found in the original.

lolz

TheDuce22 said:
I think everyone should keep this thread in mind next time Kutaragi starts spouting out nonsense, which is basically the next time he touches a mic.

There's already a thread about that. But then again Kutaragi is also responsible for the 2 best selling consoles of all time so people cut him a break.

White Man

SolidSnakex said:
There's already a thread about that. But then again Kutaragi is also responsible for the 2 best selling consoles of all time so people cut him a break.

But also keep in mind people are swallowing the exact same promises that he trotted out for PS2 (ONLINE! LUNIX! HARD DRIVE!). The Sony dolt fanboys eat it up, again.

TheDuce22

Banned
SolidSnakex said:

Yeah and Eternal Darkness is one of the highest rated games on gamecube.

thetrin

I enjoyed the over-the-top Kitamura directed cutscenes. It was more like a supplementary game to the original, rather than a replacement.

White Man

Mr_Moogle said:
I think you are seeing the past with rose tinted glasses.

I'll take the low poly models and great voice acting over the MGS 1.5 models and crap voice acting any day. MGS presented a nice little spy drama, and the cutscenes in Twin Snakes resembled nothing more than anime crap. Yes, I understand that the whole MGS series has anime underpinnings, but it's actually palpable if they are understated. If the Twin Snakes were the first MGS game released, I would largely not be interested in the series since competent storytelling is such a large part of it.

ronito

TheDuce22 said:
Yeah and Eternal Darkness is one of the highest rated games on gamecube.
No offense, but being one of the highest rated gamecube games is like being one of the smartest guys named Quezatalipo jr. When there's only like 50 it's not hard to be one of the highest rated. Heck, you could do it with advertising alone.

Mr_Moogle

White Man said:
I'll take the low poly models and great voice acting over the MGS 1.5 models and crap voice acting any day. MGS presented a nice little spy drama, and the cutscenes in Twin Snakes resembled nothing more than anime crap. Yes, I understand that the whole MGS series has anime underpinnings, but it's actually palpable if they are understated. If the Twin Snakes were the first MGS game released, I would largely not be interested in the series since competent storytelling is such a large part of it.

Crap voice acting? Theres barely any difference.

You think the original is more palpable than the remake? The original may have been more understated but NO MGS game has ever been realistic and the remake is as much a spy drama as the first game.

....and why are you taking a shot at anime?

davidjaffe

The Fucking MAN.
You guys didn't run me off...I've been here the whole time, just reaidng and lurking :)

And Dennis, don't let the haters get you down. With some of them, you just can't win. And I really mean that. I mean, I still get people telling me I'm overrated like it's some kind of insult when I've been fucking telling THEM that I'm overrated for over a year. I mean, do you haters think I actually think I am as talented as Kojima and/or Miyamoto? Do you guys think we don't KNOW that GOD OF WAR is not meant to stand toe to toe (combat mechanics wise) with DMC and NG? Hell, tell me something I don't know...like why your mom's twat was so fucking loose last night. That's info I'm looking for, you know?

But yeah, It's hard to get some of the haters to see that I don't really care. What am I going to do, stop making games because some people don't like me or my work? It would seem that is the goal for them as they put so much time into typing up the L'll insults n stuff....

...but I dig GAF...it's a fun place. And alot of the guys/gals here are really nice and supportive (even if they don't dig my work). So to those guys, I say thanks!

But to all of you douchbag name callers, bring it on baby :)

David

sprsk

davidjaffe said:
You guys didn't run me off...I've been here the whole time, just reaidng and lurking :)

And Dennis, don't let the haters get you down. With some of them, you just can't win. And I really mean that. I mean, I still get people telling me I'm overrated like it's some kind of insult when I've been fucking telling THEM that I'm overrated for over a year. I mean, do you haters think I actually think I am as talented as Kojima and/or Miyamoto? Do you guys think we don't KNOW that GOD OF WAR is not meant to stand toe to toe (combat mechanics wise) with DMC and NG? Hell, tell me something I don't know...like why your mom's twat was so fucking loose last night. That's info I'm looking for, you know?

But yeah, It's hard to get some of the haters to see that I don't really care. What am I going to do, stop making games because some people don't like me or my work? It would seem that is the goal for them as they put so much time into typing up the L'll insults n stuff....

...but I dig GAF...it's a fun place. And alot of the guys/gals here are really nice and supportive (even if they don't dig my work). So to those guys, I say thanks!

David

Add another 6 pages. And GOW is better than NG.

davidjaffe said:

David

david can i have a job at Sony? i have some ideas about titties you NEED to hear.

thetrin

davidjaffe said:

David

Fuck yes. Jaffe, you just made my thread a bigger success. :)

Fuck the haters. Make what you're burning to make, and get on with it. You wouldn't be able to please them anyway.

thetrin

theREBELins said:

So fucking true. Ninja Gaiden is a good game, but when you have 6 weapons, and only one is worth using, you've got a serious problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom