• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human Official Thread of Hack-n-Loot

Tobor

I have come seeking Sanctuary!

Benjamin Birdie, my Commando will cover thine ass with a Holy fire as thou layest into the Goblin Hordes!

SANCTUARY!!!!

SPEA

Danthrax said:
I really hope this isn't true or I'll feel like a huge ass. I didn't know someone else was working on one. I just saw a lot of people asking for an official thread today, and it does come out in a week, so I figured I'd whip one up.
I think it'll be alright. I'm sure you guys can work something out and incorporate some of his stuff in the OP.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
SPEA said:
I think it'll be alright. I'm sure you guys can work something out and incorporate some of his stuff in the OP.

Yeah I PMed him so hopefully he gets it and isn't actually holed up without Internet access slaving away on a megathread until Friday. :lol

... =(

akenatone

I enjoyed the demo. I have been waiting for some hack ans slash + loot game for next gen for a while. Will pick it up day one. My gamertag is akenatone. After a first playthrough, i will be available for some late night looting.

purg3 said:
Damn, I'm still not sure if I want this or not. I played the demo twice, but it neither completely sold or dissuaded my decision. It would probably be an instant purchase if it weren't for ToV and IU coming in the following weeks. Bah, help me gaf. Although I do have a $20 BB reward cert. sitting here...

Wat!

Now I'm in and you're out!

:O

purg3

slept with Malkin
BenjaminBirdie said:
Wat!

Now I'm in and you're out!

:O

OK, I'll get it. $39.99 after my BB cert is a pretty good deal for this I guess. You better be ready for some co-op then!

Stantron

Day 1. Already got the pre-order code.
I'll be playing Berserker first time through SP, then I'm up for co-op. GT: Stantron

Kingpen

I am waivering as well (probably 75% sure I will stick with it, but still have doubt). I'm knee deep in condemned and will start condemned 2 after and my favorite game of last gen (Mercenaries) drops it's sequel in 2 weeks, and then NHL09 2 weeks later.

I liked the demo, but have to say it has some quirks that are hard to deal with (camera, don't feel a full control over combat actions, etc). I love the loot aspect of it though.

I might hold out a few days for user impressions

I really enjoyed the demo (the more time I put into it the more I liked it) but I've got to wait until the 28th.
Pffft...

I hope it changes on subsequent playthroughs like ED.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
For what it's worth, over at gamefaqs people are saying that Poland's Neo+ gaming mag gave it an 8.5 and 5/5 in the Russian Maxim. I dont know if any europeans get any of those mags.

MrDaravon

_tetsuo_ said:
For what it's worth, over at gamefaqs people are saying that Poland's Neo+ gaming mag gave it an 8.5 and 5/5 in the Russian Maxim. I dont know if any europeans get any of those mags.

There's a Russian Maxim? o_O

Nice to see an official troll free thread. Still on the fence about getting it but at least it will be nice to hear opinions on the game yeah or nay without all the drama.

Xenon

Day 1 for me. I played through the demo 20+ times. Obviously I enjoy the game. But I have been waiting for this type of game since PSO, so I may be more forgiving than most. I can't wait for next week. =D

+ Defender, Commando By far my favorite classes. Both are forced to play to their strengths

+ Combat - For this type of game its very deep. It doesn't have as many moves as an action game but the ability to combine and link moves put it above other games of it type.

+ Combat animation - I like the fact that Baldur holds and later receovers from every move. I also like that since the attacks are controlled by the the second stick and the game animates his attacks to the left, right and behind without having to face his direction.

- Lack of penalty for death. I wonder if this was the result of them having trouble balancing the game. So, they decided that it would be too frustrating to have any penalty for death since players would be dying a lot.

- Weapon trails - I hate them. I’m thinking they keep them the same color for character recognition. Ill see when I play online

- Cinematic cut scenes - I hope they get better

GT: Xen0n <zero

Kyoufu

Usually I avoid bad games altogether but I'm always up for some epic loot. If impressions are favourable I'll pick it up.

Didn't like the demo btw, but demos dont do games justice.

Blueblur1

I'll most likely give Too Human a try after PAX. I'm a fan of these types of games but I'm not sure on how well it will turn out. I'm awaiting honest, serious GAF impressions.

Doodis

Gamertag: Les Doodis

There's a party in Baldur's pants, and you're all invited!
(One at a time, please. It's only 2-player co-op.)

Lykathea

Banned
Day 1 for me!

GT: Death Aflame

I'll most likely want to enjoy playing offline for awhile, but for sure I'll be up for co-op soon after release.

Somnia

Got my copy paid off already. Really looking forward to it.

edit: My GT is in my profile if you'd like to add me for some co-op. Leave some form of message so I know who you are at least.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
The only decision I need to make is if the pre-order armour sets are worth having to buy this game at EB (in Canada).

Anyone know if they are really good sets?

I'm in on day one regardless. I really really liked the demo so I can't wait to play this. Way too many games right now for me though. With all the XBLA stuff, Madden and now this. I need some time to catch up. So much for a slow summer.

Oozer3993

Circuit City is giving out a $10 gift card with it and Toys R Us will be in the middle of a Buy-1-Get-1-Half-Off promotion on X360 games.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Oozer3993 said:
Circuit City is giving out a $10 gift card with it and Toys R Us will be in the middle of a Buy-1-Get-1-Half-Off promotion on X360 games.

Where did you hear about the Circuit City thing? I don't see that promotion on their page for TH.

I'm still unsure whether to buy this game or not. I really enjoyed the demo very much, but I have no time for such a lenghty game. I'd love to support SK for creating this game and most probably will spend the money buying the game nevertheless, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to play it anytime soon. :(

Still undecided here too. I enjoyed the demo in a MUA kind of way. Any translations of these polish or russian reviews floating about?

I heard that online embargo ends on friday, so it can't be that horrible a game or the embargo would end after the game came out. I think we can expect 60-85% from most places, based on the love/hate that the game generates.

Ristlager

A norwegian reviewer wrote this as his final words for a preview:

"I don't look very much forward to playing the full version, the 12 hours it took to get through the preview is one of the most frustrating hours in a long time. "

He was complaining about the usual stuff, camera, slow menues, controls and difficulty (not difficult)

CSampson

Ah finally! Can't wait for this game personally...it' been a LONG time in waiting for me. Hard to believe it is only 6 days away. Good luck, TH!

Top Bottom