• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human review thread of scoring lower than Haze (BOOSH)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flynn

Marconelly said:
If there's one thing I'm surprised about this game, is that everyone seems to be harping about its story and dialogues. I was expecting SK to get that right more than anything else.

Using my massive powers of deduction I conclude you're the guy who reviewed Uncharted there / gave it it's lowest score on Gamerankings. After Kittonwy recovers of being drunk with power from this victory against DD, I think you are the next logical target.

I gave the game a B- a fine score. Take it up with the aggregators for turning a respectable letter grade into a miserably low number.

shagg_187 said:
Yep. It should say "Make sure your sword hand is guided by courage, not by fear."

or "Make sure courage guides your sword hand, not fear"

It's the placement of the 'your' that throws it off in the original, if it has been transcribed correctly.

Rolf NB

duk said:
TOO FUNNY!

TOO UBER!

TOO MUCH!

TOO ROX!

TOO PAC!

TOO DD!
15i2ryq.png

eznark

Banned
typhonsentra said:
Uh, Blue Dragon averaged 77% on GR and 79% on MC. There were some harsh reviews which brought down the average but it was a mix of very positive with overly negative. With Too Human, the reviews seem to vary between mediocre and abysmal.

I said mid-70's (blocked at the office), why would you jump on that for 77/79 as thought i made some horrible error?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Chrange said:
The courage/fear one is legit, the rest of the list is just someone trying too hard to find fault.
I think "Bring on your worst" one is absolutely legit. It just hardly makes any sense as an insult or a joke. What they were trying to communicate there is probably your character saying to his enemy "If that's your best, you might as well have brought your worst" (as it would make no difference to your character, but it would have at least made enemy spared of fruitless effort)

Flynn said:
I gave the game a B- a fine score. Take it up with the aggregators for turning a respectable letter grade into a miserably low number.
Indeed. I thought it was a nice review for what it's worth (even though I disagreed with several things from it).

Flynn

Marconelly said:
Indeed. I thought it was a nice review for what it's worth (even though I disagreed with several things from it).

Thanks. I was hard on the game, but only because I thought it could do better.

Marconelly said:
I think "Bring on your worst" one is absolutely legit. It just makes no sense. What they were trying to communicate there is probably your character saying to his enemy "If that's your best, you might as well brought your worst" (as it would make no difference to your character, but it would have at least made enemy spared of fruitless effort)

Seems to be derivative of the phrase "Do your worst." Meaning you've tried fighting cleanly to the best of your ability, let's see if you're any better fighting dirty.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Francias Castiglione said:
Seems to be derivative of the phrase "Do your worst." Meaning you've tried fighting cleanly to the best of your ability, let's see if you're any better fighting dirty.
I thought of that too, but wasn't sure if it can be used like that. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if that's the saying from olden times that I'm not familiar with, but that game would obviously be channeling (as it's partially about old mythology after all). Same as that joke about Valkyrie wings. I actually get that one and I thought it was endearing - obviously something that wouldn't be funny to us but would be to characters living in that world.

Timan

Developer
Does the final version "look" any better than the demo? I remember going to the outside part and stopped and said what the f*ck... it really made me care for graphics.

KTallguy

Banned
Yep. Game was on the path to greatness until GAF stepped in and shattered all of his dreams.

I do feel sorry for the SK team though :(

Could people be going too rough on this game? Alone in the Dark was the worst pieces of shit that I have ever played. To say Too Human is on that level of suck must mean that the game is completely broken.

Stephen Totilo

Yes, even though I gave the game only 100 minutes, I’m appreciating and enjoying it. It’s mid-August. I know the epics are coming this fall. I’m happy to play something I know will be short. It’s four days since I finished “Braid,” so I’m happy to chase down that mentally stimulating game with something that’s constant action. I consider “Too Human” to be the anti-”Braid,” a game that champions collecting and action over level design elegance and brain-teasers. The game is dessert.

It looks pretty good in that IGN video-review I must say.

Macattk15

Crescendo170 said:
Stephen Totilo

It looks pretty good in that IGN video-review I must say.

The IGN video review makes no sense. He points out so many bad things including the poop story ... but still gives it a 7.8?

With the way he was speaking, I didn't think a 7.8 was coming from his mouth.

Shaheed79 said:
You're crusin for a vacation.

How? For commenting on something I'm seeing with my own eyes?

I'm seeing many scores in the OP of 6/10 and above. And only a small handful of reviews below that.

So I'm not getting it.

Like I said, I personally don't like the game, but the reviews suggest it's not the train wreck we all thought it might be.

Farnack

Banned
2 Minutes Turkish said:

I'm seeing many scores in the OP of 6/10 and above. And only a small handful of reviews below that.

So I'm not getting it.

Like I said, I personally don't like the game, but the reviews suggest it's not the train wreck we all thought it might be.
I dunno, but it seems like the 6/10 and below are the majority of the reviews from the more profound gaming news publications.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
2 Minutes Turkish said:

So I'm not getting it.

No I was just poking fun of the fact that it seems like anyone who has tried to ruin the mods fun have been banned.

All I know is that the more well known review outlets have been almost unanimous in their disdain for the game save for IGN which ripped apart the game then apologized and gave it a 7.8. These are not good reviews in my view. They are average to bad.

MrDaravon

I don't understand the thread title. Haze is at 55 and Lair is at 53...Too Human is at 67. I haven't been following the thread, did I miss something like a specific review it's referring to or something?

phez

Banned
SailorDaravon said:
I don't understand the thread title. Haze is at 55 and Lair is at 53...Too Human is at 67. I haven't been following the thread, did I miss something like a specific review it's referring to or something?

You must have missed the past two years on gaf.

MrDaravon

phez said:
You must have missed the past two years on gaf.

? I've posted in this thread and the other one previously, but not since the title change, and it doesn't make sense; Too Human is not scoring lower than Haze, which is why I asked the question.

arne

Flynn said:

Sahara strikes again!

Funny enough, all of this discussion good or bad is making me want to play the game more. and I'm getting impatient.

FrankT

SailorDaravon said:
? I've posted in this thread and the other one previously, but not since the title change, and it doesn't make sense; Too Human is not scoring lower than Haze, which is why I asked the question.

One review, Gamespots. I guess it's not an aggregate kind of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom