• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too much tuna?

teezzy

Banned
20200511-112507.jpg

giphy.webp

V2Tommy

Seems fine. Make sure you put the empty cans in the freezer so they don't stink, then ditch them all at once on recycling day.

You're welcome.

bati

Careful. Don’t eat that day after day. Think an old mod or poster here actually tried eating tuna like that to test that warning, and got really sick.

They did studies on this and iirc it showed that if you wanted to die of mercury or other heavy metal poisoning you'd need to eat 2 cans per day until you're 80 or so. At that point you'd croak from old age anyway.

Liljagare

Everyone should try the proper tuna to eat, the cans with water and oil that we are used to is garbage.

It's the scraps left after the price goes in a real tin, the tuna belly. If you never tried tuna belly, you have no clue to what tuna in a can really is. I prefer it from yellowfin, since they have to be line caught. They probarly processed in hours.

You can find my favourite on Amazon, Ortiz brand ventresca,.

Do yourself a favour and try a can , if you enjoy tuna.

Problem is, you'll never look at the other cans the same way again.

719A6nr51eL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

pieza-ventresca-de-atc3ban.png

5-VENTRESCA.jpg

Ventresca de atún claro en aceite de oliva Real Conservera

Ventresca-de-bonito-new-website.jpg

can-of-ventresca-in-olive-oil-picture-id801659286

HTB1s2BjKXXXXXXzXVXXq6xXFXXXw.jpg

w700_E._templada_de_ijada_de_bonito_con_manzana_y_tomate_confitado_2.JPG

PSYGN

Tuna hack: Open two cans of tuna and divide the tuna up equally into an ice tray. Stick a toothpick into each one for easier handling later. Freeze overnight and serve cold in the morning. If you want some more flavor, consider heating up ketchup on a small plate for 20 seconds. This should be enough time for a thicker layer to form over the ketchup base for added texture as you poach into it with your tuna popsicles. If done right the ketchup will still be cool at its core to compliment your iced delicacy!

DESTROYA

Tuna hack: Open two cans of tuna and divide the tuna up equally into an ice tray. Stick a toothpick into each one for easier handling later. Freeze overnight and serve cold in the morning. If you want some more flavor, consider heating up ketchup on a small plate for 20 seconds. This should be enough time for a thicker layer to form over the ketchup base for added texture as you poach into it with your tuna popsicles. If done right the ketchup will still be cool at its core to compliment your iced delicacy!
:sick:🤮

-Arcadia-

Banned

I was with you until ketchup, lol. Very unsure about that combination, but I might give this a try.

haxan7

Banned
I’m more concerned that it’s stored next to a “heavy duty” cleaning product. If I were a restaurant inspector I’d slap so many citations on your ass right now.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
And now we're going to have to call OP "Big Tuna"

I ate a tuna sandwich every day for lunch for a month when going to college. I stopped because I thought I started feeling weird, and my pee definitely started smelling super strange/bad after a week or two.

DESTROYA

I ate a tuna sandwich every day for lunch for a month when going to college. I stopped because I thought I started feeling weird, and my pee definitely started smelling super strange/bad after a week or two.
And then you discovered you were a cat 🐈 and peed in a liter box.

teezzy

Banned
Just got back from the grocery store today. Got my usual Hillbilly bread, bananas, oranges, eggs, and stocked up on 21 cans of tuna total.

Some dude approached me as I was loading the tuna into my cart and awkwardly asked me if I owned a cat.

I do not own a cat :messenger_face_steam:

Top Bottom