• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

qja8vDI.png

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
zlCfzQ-A_2s8Z8vFk0

Gluttony lol

zlCfzQ-BPVgRxKTCcd

aww

Gluttony is such a fun character. Like the cute Mechi -> Golgo 13 Menchi of Excel Saga, except actually threatening.

And I always feel bad for the Sango / Kohaku storyline. I always imagine him as much like Kikyo at this point; Sure, you're walking around, and "acting" alive, but you're pretty much dead to the world, and everything you do now is basically a mockery of the life you once had. It's actually quite tragic.

Great stuff, SAB. The IGPX mech looks so cool. Can't believe you actually do all these while the shows are airing.

Thanks! I rarely ever seriously draw Mecha, so when ever one comes out good, I'm surprised, haha.

The more of Toonami I've previously seen before, the better it is for the pics! My favorite weeks are the ones where all the artist in the topic's images almost read like a mini-manga narrated by the shows characters, on their own exploits... like an anime MST3K or something...

So wow, really dislike everything they did to the bumps. It all looks so dated; Tom's weird, the Absolution is weird, Sara's weird. Real misstep for me. Music isn't as good, either. I'm sure I'll get used to everything (and it's really about the shows, right?) but not a good first impression. Nice to have IGPX back, though. Fun show. Even though I own the DVDs I'll probably keep up with the Toonami broadcast just 'cuz.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I actually really liked whatever tune they used for most of the bumps. Very electro-ish-esque.

Otherwise, can't say I disagree. They're going for a particular style but it feels a bit off right now. Hopefully we'll all warm up to it as they find their footing.

ckohler

I really like the Now/Next/Later bumps. The images were bigger and the clips were better choices. I hope they change them every once in a while to keep them fresh and current.

Also, did anyone else notice they seem to really be featuring Black☆Star? Not that I'm complaining. He is a big star after all.

Just went through that bump video, not sure if I like the hash tag in front of the titles , otherwise pretty good. Gonna have to get used to the new music.

Cranzor

I'm a moron and just started One Piece on Saturday. I'm on episode 4. It's really good, I like it a lot. There's pretty much no way I'll be caught up by the time it comes on though, unless I dedicate multiple days to watching a LOT of One Piece. Hmm...

MikeMyers

I'm a moron and just started One Piece on Saturday. I'm on episode 4. It's really good, I like it a lot. There's pretty much no way I'll be caught up by the time it comes on though, unless I dedicate multiple days to watching a LOT of One Piece. Hmm...

Could try reading the manga that corresponds to EP1-200, that would make it faster.

Necrovex

Karin is such a waste of a character.

Even Sasuke realized how useless she is!

Chopper is so cute ;_;

Cute enough to eat.

Watching too much of any shonen is bad for one's mental sanity. Believe me, I went through 100 episode of One Piece over a week span (dat Water 7/Enies Lobby). I still haven't recovered from it.

Cranzor

Could try reading the manga that corresponds to EP1-200, that would make it faster.

I suppose I could, but I want to watch the show for some reason. Plus the show is more easily available (legally, that is!).
Watching too much of any shonen is bad for one's mental sanity. Believe me, I went through 100 episode of One Piece over a week span (dat Water 7/Enies Lobby). I still haven't recovered from it.

Although not a shonen, I went through Avatar: The Last Airbender in 3 days I think. I felt awesome after that! Will One Piece hurt my brain that badly?

Necrovex

I suppose I could, but I want to watch the show for some reason. Plus the show is more easily available (legally, that is!).

Although not a shonen, I went through Avatar: The Last Airbender in 3 days I think. I felt awesome after that! Will One Piece hurt my brain that badly?

I love One Piece. But pacing is its worst enemy.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Consecutive one-off filler episodes are THE WORST

(131-135)

Let me introduce you to Mr. Naruto Shippuden (with a stretch of on-off filler eps that necessitated an entire joke-opening just for them.)

I seriously thought it was something off NicoNico until I actually reached the episodes it started. I went "NOPE" and skipped ahead, lol. So bizarre.

Good song though.

Let me introduce you to Mr. Naruto Shippuden (with a stretch of on-off filler eps that necessitated an entire joke-opening just for them.)

I seriously thought it was something off NicoNico until I actually reached the episodes it started. I went "NOPE" and skipped ahead, lol. So bizarre.

Good song though.

The heck did I just watch. I think the hardest thing I'm having trouble processing beyond the weird actions , prancing and dancing is...well sai being shown as an important character and the whole random flying and sakura being made to look nearly useful.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Toonami's ratings are in already.
http://www.tvmediainsights.com/adultswim-ratings-scorecard-week-of-april-22-2013/

SATURDAY, APRIL 27, 2013
(in total viewers)

12:00AM Bleach 1.223 million
12:30AM Naruto 1.135 million
1:00AM Soul Eater 1.067 million
1:30AM Thundercats (2011) 902,000
2:00AM IGPX: Immortal Grand Prix 848,000
2:30AM Eureka 7 762,000
3:00AM Tenchi Muyo! GXP 739,000
3:30AM Sym-Bionic Titan 707,000
4:00AM Fullmetal: Alchemist 681,000
4:30AM Cowboy Bebop 604,000
5:00AM Inuyasha 649,000
5:30AM Inuyasha 617,000

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Hopefully those IGPX numbers hold until the ass crater that is GXP is sent to the graveyard so that other ass crater Thundercats can go to the back end.

So One Piece is going to be the 1PM slot right? Seems like it should do pretty well for itself just from Bleach/Naruto carry over

Edit: Hurr durr what's an AM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom