• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

zlCfzQ-A_2s8Z8vFk0

Gluttony lol

zlCfzQ-BPVgRxKTCcd

aww

So, I see last night was awesome, according to my DVR and Hodgepodge.

I declare that the next movie for movie night could be Ponyo or Spirited Away.

Oldies, or something.

So I couldn't catch IGPX last night, so I recorded it and watched it this morning. Wasn't too bad, all honesty. Its kind of a jerk move though to get ready to start the race and... episode ends.

i think they might have aired episode 1 and 2 back to back when it premiered, unless the credits always list stuff from the next episode as well.

Great stuff, SAB. The IGPX mech looks so cool. Can't believe you actually do all these while the shows are airing.

The one night I completely miss 100% of Toonami and of course it's the fricking relaunch. :(

Will have to find some way to watch the whole thing later.

Can't believe Sara is back. Best news to wake up to ever. :O

Where were you, man? Probably passed out from eating too many Hot Pockets in one sitting.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
All the bumps, in case you missed them
Andrex
:
http://youtu.be/cZXuzp4j5sc

Thanks. :)

Great stuff, SAB. The IGPX mech looks so cool. Can't believe you actually do all these while the shows are airing.

Where were you, man? Probably passed out from eating too many Hot Pockets in one sitting.

I was invited to be sociable with friends I haven't seen in a while, not much more to it. :p I was able to catch a good chunk of IGPX, but it seemed like... it didn't age all that well. Parts of it at least. Like when the girl was yelling at Takashi.

Mature

I was invited to be sociable with friends I haven't seen in a while, not much more to it. :p I was able to catch a good chunk of IGPX, but it seemed like... it didn't age all that well. Parts of it at least. Like when the girl was yelling at Takashi.
Oh really? I thought just about everything outside the gaudy cgi mechs was handled pretty smoothly. Even that weird rotoscoped/CGI martial arts stuff.

Loved the soundtrack too.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

More like was never that good to begin with.

Seda

So is the next episode of Bleach going back to the plot or is it...flashbacks pt. 2.
55lwmK9.png

I actually quite enjoyed flashbacks part 1; Bleach was actually decent back then. If they are going to flashback all the stuff between the Soul Society arc and the current events....ugh

Kickz

Next week on Toonami:

12:00 - Bleach - 296 - The Shocking Truth...The Mysterious Power Within Ichigo!
12:30 - Naruto - 23 - Genin Takedown! All Nine Rookies Face Off!

Later.

Naruto getting to the good shit, Chuunin Exam was the peak of the series for me.

Raxus

You are groaning at flashbacks as if going back to the "plot" is any better? or are you groaning in general because...Bleach.

Eh more the flashbacks. No matter how good they are I tend to like to move forward in a story. Even if it is shit, and I know it is shit, at least it signifies it is ending soon.

On a different note:
It would be great if Aizen tripped and fell on his face and said 'THIS WAS ALL ACCORDING TO MY PLAN!'

I bet when Aizen poops it is all part of his DAILY PLAN!

Ok I'll stop now...

Drago

I love everything about the new block. The overall look, the bumps, the new TOM, the return of SARA (evesn if she isn't British :p), the animation, even the new Absolution looks great in motion despite my dislike for it at first. Hopefully we see Clydes come back soon too.

Wish I was able to watch everything live, I was on a camping trip all last weekend. Oh well. Mostly upset that I missed IGPX :(

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So is the next episode of Bleach going back to the plot or is it...flashbacks pt. 2.
55lwmK9.png
Next week is one of those times where Kubo lays out a "shocking" revelation even though the audience has already known about it for a good 180 episodes.

i've always wondered what it'd be like if the Soul Society arc was a thing that came toward the end of the series, and the series up until then was mostly Ichigo just being a soul reaper.

I like to wonder how many shounen series would be like if that thing that they do in the beginning was actually the thing the series was about and it didnt veer into like a tournament arc or some shit. Like if Naruto had stayed them just going on missions (this would probably be worse than what we got) or the whole Bleach, monster of the week beginning thing.

Novid

Banned
As an GFX guy, I can appreciate slickness. I know bokeh is a bit feminine look used in a majority of the ABC productions, but its not overstayed its welcome here. Im not a fan of the mimalistic look (I want more 3D CGI in text and logos and less on humans), but I don't think its bad here. Sara will be upgraded as more money comes in. Tom 5 isn't great but you have to realize Demarco did it as a semi-response to the world situation we are in - we gotten a lot thinner, war weary. While everybody is cheating to get ahead, we will have class in losing.

Raxus

I like to wonder how many shounen series would be like if that thing that they do in the beginning was actually the thing the series was about and it didnt veer into like a tournament arc or some shit. Like if Naruto had stayed them just going on missions (this would probably be worse than what we got) or the whole Bleach, monster of the week beginning thing.

I'd post a picture but it contains One Piece spoilers. Needless to say it is amazing how those two series promised one thing and then we quickly got another. Bleach got caught up in its immense cast that it wound up sacrificing pacing and character until it was (excuse the pun) a hollow excuse for what it once was. Naruto had the opposite problem. It is filled in a world of interesting characters but it never fleshes them out and the main characters tend to drag the story more than help it. One Piece promised adventure. We got adventure. Hunter x Hunter promised a world of varied hunters and danger and we got exactly that more or less. They latter two series may have issues but I can go back through them and enjoy myself.

They would be spectacular, that's what they'd be like. The only shonen actually paced that way is One Piece. Sailing around the sea kicking ass, advancing towards the end of the grand line, shit gonna eventually hit the fan on a worldwide scale at the end of the series. If this thing was paced like bleach or naruto, Luffy would have gotten derailed from the quest hundred of chapters ago and would be doing some unrelated nonsense with his time. Even though there's
the world nobles and the navy and the void history
the original mission of the entire series still drives things.

I'd post a picture but it contains One Piece spoilers. Needless to say it is amazing how those two series promised one thing and then we quickly got another. Bleach got caught up in its immense cast that it wound up sacrificing pacing and character until it was (excuse the pun) a hollow excuse for what it once was. Naruto had the opposite problem. It is filled in a world of interesting characters but it never fleshes them out and the main characters tend to drag the story more than help it. One Piece promised adventure. We got adventure. Hunter x Hunter promised a world of varied hunters and danger and we got exactly that more or less. They latter two series may have issues but I can go back through them and enjoy myself.

as for Dragon Ball....................

conan-rofl.gif

They would be spectacular, that's what they'd be like. The only shonen actually paced that way is One Piece. Sailing around the sea kicking ass, advancing towards the end of the grand line, shit gonna eventually hit the fan on a worldwide scale at the end of the series. If this thing was paced like bleach or naruto, Luffy would have gotten derailed from the quest hundred of chapters ago and would be doing some unrelated nonsense with his time. Even though there's
the world nobles and the navy and the void history
the original mission of the entire series still drives things.

One Piece is a great example of how you can set out with a goal in mind , have similar formulas for each arc, but still be interesting and great due to the level of freedom it still gave itself due to how it handles character dynamics, individual adventures, etc.

I think Dragon ball was pretty good at keeping the Dragon Balls relevant in many arcs, while also interspersing tournament arcs and other...things. Dragonball Z...I guess there was Namek and them aiming for the dragon balls but yea they are pretty off the track.

MikeMyers

Dragon Ball basically have formula since Merecenary Tao showed up.

Villain shows up
Villains > Hero
Hero gets stronger
Hero > Villain

New arc begins.

Buu arc was the only one to dispute this formula, and that was because AT last second changed Gohan being hero.

Still, I love the series for how straight-forward and easy to follow it is.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I'm not a fan of the new look for TOM.

New TOM's growing on me, he looks very modern but his thin arms kinda throw me off.

I love that they brought SARA back, but I kinda feel like an ungrateful jerk since I don't care for her design or voice. SARA has a British accent, damnit! :(

New TOM's growing on me, he looks very modern but his thin arms kinda throw me off.

I love that they brought SARA back, but I kinda feel like an ungrateful jerk since I don't care for her design or voice. SARA has a British accent, damnit! :(

Does TOM even lift?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Not anymore apparently. :(

I hated beefcake TOM (2 was my favorite, 3 I felt was trying too hard to be "manly.")

TOM 4 is kind of a middle ground, but it's weird cause he has the TOM 3 body size with the TOM 2 proportions.

Maron

i swear, back when they aired both Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z it was almost like two different shows.

When I was a kid I thought Dragon Ball Z was the "main" show and Dragon Ball was simply a spinoff a la The Flinstones Kids or Tom & Jerry Kids.

Mature

I didn't like her first line in the opening, but every subsequent time she spoke I liked her.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So I'm watching Naruto... I'm up to episode 117 of Shippuden.
Karin
is totally ready to get on her knees for the Sauce.

Seda

So I'm watching Naruto... I'm up to episode 117 of Shippuden.
Karin
is totally ready to get on her knees for the Sauce.

I watch the dub. I'm up to 166 (although there's more episodes available now. Haven't caught up yet because One Piece!)

I actually enjoyed some of the (incredibly vague spoiler, not really a spoiler at all)
Sasuke battles
coming up where you are at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom