• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT9| This thread is made of LOVE and PEACE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Man God
Frankman

Those were the 2 who flat out said they liked the movie (had seen it before) a few other users like Moaradin were more generally defending the 03 anime saying it was as good as manga/brotherhood

There really is a defense force for everything.

Tamanon

Banned
There really is a defense force for everything.

I think your overall negativity is showing too much. Just because somebody likes something you don't like doesn't mean they're a "defense force". They're just stating they like it, not trying to convince you.

Try not being so negative, it's really starting to wear on people.

Raxus

I despised the movie but respect someone that liked it. It just really soured me to the entire 03 series because it shows a ton of plot points in a more negative light.

I can respect Shard's negativity because he actually believe what he posts, it never comes off as fake or forced unlike other posters "hate" in this thread.

CoS is a mess like the entire ending of FMA 03 was, you can "like" it sure, but that doesn't mean it isn't bad.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
tumblr_lxlbs05EpB1qlipjjo1_500.gif

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Thanks to those who commented on the DUMP, and hope you guys liked my little experiment! I think I'll end up doing the Trigun one in a similar style... no idea how our Dandier world will turn out (Especially with the block starting 30 min earlier, that'll really mess me up, ha).

---

As far as CoShamalamadingdong,

What I loved -
  • It's more FMA 03! Less comedy than Brotherhood, everything very weighty.
  • That music! I forgot how much I liked the soundtrack of the movie.
  • All the Roma are pretty attractive designs.
  • It's great to see characters playing slightly different roles.
  • It's not the usual "Anime movie is a big stakes episode!"; the situation is unique.
  • I really like getting to see "Bradley" as a normal person.
  • Agent THE PAPER Sheska showed up, so.. Yay?
  • Winry's way of reading Ed so well; Such proof they belong together...

What I.. err...
  • Jerk brothers, leaving Winry in another world all by herself!
  • Nazi Hughes ruins his characters charm in "real" world...
  • Noah should have ended up in El Hazard Shamballa, there was no EXCHANGE! They just TOOK from one world, and added to another...
  • ...Though I GUESS you could say alt. Al had to die for "Real" Al to live there...?
  • Ed was pretty self-centered throughout the movie. Poor Alt. Al!
  • Hohenheim went out like a boss. Suija of SamSho V Fatal Slash Style. . He only... kinda was there.. in the movie...

What I truly disliked:
  • The "It scared me, so I wanted to destroy it!" was gotten to SO EASILY!
  • Would have appreciated a few more parallels. At least Lust and Scar made it!
  • It kinda feels... TOO final? Like "There's nothing interesting to see in THIS world anymore!"
  • Noah's mindreading feels.. really odd. It doesn't seem to fit the "real" world in such a way, and I never felt satisfied with it's explanation.
  • I like having a female main antagonist, but she's so anti-climatic. Should'a been more Olivia-like

I was happy to see FMA's cast getting back together like this (pre-brotherhood), and I appreciated the story. But I think I'd have liked this movie more as a 12 episode OVA series, rather than a movie, because I really liked the premise, but it seems like it needed to exist and develop more.

Thanks to those who commented on the DUMP, and hope you guys liked my little experiment! I think I'll end up doing the Trigun one in a similar style... no idea how our Dandier world will turn out (Especially with the block starting 30 min earlier, that'll really mess me up, ha).

---

As far as CoShamalamadingdong,
Lists
Agreed so much with this . Noah was pretty pointless in this movie.

You just don't understand the beauty of Ed and Rose's relationship.

You mean the relationship that came out of nowhere established in the last few episodes of the series while the actual love interest was degraded to playing comic foil with Ceska?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Noah would have been vital to the story, as the only one who believes and supports Ed's stories... if not for the existence of Fritz Lang Bradley.

They both exist as ears that Ed can bounce his ideas off of, and not get laughed at.

She also fulfills the same purpose Rose did; an innocent dragged into being a tool of a grand organization by hope and desperation.

I would have loved to have seen Noah dragged to the next world, and then left there in place of Ed. Rose would have had a sister (who would have replaced her old dead love to some degree), and the idea of watching an earth girl who didn't belong living in "Shamballa" would have given that "hope for other interesting stories!" feel that was lacking from the end. Also, her gleaming of Ed's memories would have been kinda of similar to Al-soul-transfer from earlier in the movie; A fragment of someone who can no longer be in the world, still living on, and keeping their memory alive, if only for a while.

Then, having Noah and Ed both connect in their sleep (Her power works better then, right?), so she can tell tales of Ed and Al's dreams in the "real" world to Winry and Co., serving as a bridge between those the Protag's left behind, and the new adventures they were having... at least then it'd have been bittersweet.

So apparently people are complaining to DeMarco about the Space Dandy promos trying to put a "spin" on the show when they don't even know what the show is really like. Anime fans are annoying.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Maybe the fans were expecting something dark like Cowboy Bebop when the show is clearly much more light-hearted.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
DeMarco linked this: http://seventhstyle.com/2013/12/22/space-dandy-american-aimed-pvs/

Excessive like always, as fat Americans have Space Dandy in the palm of their hands, they’ve released a whole collection of PVs to market it, adding to the existing library of them already made available.

As suggested by the voice-overs, it turns out obnoxious attitudes and womanizing is an instant hit with the land of obesity. Americans must be able to empathize with the disgusting lack of etiquette displayed by the protagonist, and his absurd alien slaughtering exploits must evoke their pure love for killing things senselessly and harming others who are different. In any case, there’s no trouble seeing this latest compilation of previews certainly was made with the American audience in mind.

... Da fuck am I reading?

ZoddGutts

Hated Shamballa when I watched it years ago and still hated it after watching it on Toonami. Bad movie. The Trigun Badlands movie at least was fun to watch when I saw it awhile ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom