• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Top 10 universities with the least happy students

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phobophile

A scientist and gentleman in the manner of Batman.
http://spotlight.encarta.msn.com/Fe...efault_article_Top10LeastHappyStudents09.html

Looks like my alma mater made #10!

1. United States Merchant Marine Academy (Kings Point, N.Y.)
2. New Jersey Institute of Technology (Newark, N.J.)
3. State University of New York -- Stony Brook University (Stony Brook, N.Y.)
4. Fisk University (Nashville, Tenn.)
5. Tuskegee University (Tuskegee, Ala.)
6. University of California -- Riverside (Riverside, Calif.)
7. United States Coast Guard Academy (New London, Conn.)
8. New Mexico Institute of Mining & Technology (Socorro, N.M.)
9. State University of New York at Albany (Albany, N.Y.)
10. Illinois Institute of Technology (Chicago)

Click on the link for student quotes as to why their school sucks.

SA-X

#8 sounds a lot like the college I went to. God forsaken tech & mining school shithole at the edge of the Earth with no women to be found. Except as a bonus where I went we got lake effect snow up the ass all year long.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Roofles, I almost went to NJIT or IIT!
I totally expected RIT to be on this list, though.
Time to message my buddies who went to NJIT.
BrodiemanTTR said:
lol @ my dad's alma mater #2.
NJ reprefuckinzent.

Tarazet

Hahaha, my piano teacher got her doctorate at #3.. she used to tell us she got her degree by coming up with a dissertation so complicated even Elliott Carter and Charles Rosen couldn't understand it.

Phobophile

A scientist and gentleman in the manner of Batman.
Timedog said:
how much homework did you get per night on average?

Honestly, it depended on the semester. My last 3 semesters, I only did homework Monday-Wednesday, 9 AM - 3 PM, or whenever I woke up to whenever I went to class.

My hardest semester had two materials science labs. My work load was increased by two or three times.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
LOL @ NJIT

good thing I went to Stevens Tech in Hoboken, instead... a better school that manages to escape the the "tech school death" by being in the best damn city in Jersey

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Karakand said:
I spent like 3-4 days at RIT once.

Never again.

hahaha its not that terrible...its brutal during the winter though...gotta know the right people to have a good time there

CajoleJuice said:

True, but that is expected. I went through a program that emphasized similar things (thinking rather than memorizing, etc.) least year and it's really tough at first and you have no free time, but, as soon as you learn time management, it gets significantly easier to manage.

On the other hand, I live right near Cambridge, Mass, and the weather can get pretty miserable, and I don't know how happy that would keep me if I had a giant workload on top of that.

WTF at UCR being on there?

Riverside is a great city and UCR has some great science and medical programs and is a pretty good school.

wtf?

It's not 909 btw, it's 951 now =P.

NH Apache

Banned
I was actually going to go to King's Point. Nominated by the senator, accepted for grades, etc etc.

Good thing I failed the DOD medical....
asthma WOOO!

JCX

perfectchaos007 said:
What are they? I don't want to make an account to view them.

Top 10 Party Schools

1. University of Florida
2. University of Mississippi
3.Penn State -- University Park
4.West Virginia University
5.Ohio University -- Athens
6.Randolph-Macon College
7. University of Georgia
8.The University of Texas at Austin
9.University of California -- Santa Barbara
10.Florida State University

JCX9 said:
Top 10 Party Schools

1. University of Florida
2. University of Mississippi
3.Penn State -- University Park
4.West Virginia University
5.Ohio University -- Athens
6.Randolph-Macon College
7. University of Georgia
8.The University of Texas at Austin
9.University of California -- Santa Barbara
10.Florida State University
Aww, The University of Central Florida isn't on there. :(

takotchi

Guess mine is too small to make it on the list (William & Mary) but it's every bit as miserable as a lot of these. Nothing to do in town, tons of homework, sucky administration, etc. A little bit of everything!

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
pj325is said:
<--transferring to RIT this fall

:|
It's a good school and...just expensive. So. Goddamned. Expensive.
*cries*

exarkun

takotchi said:
Guess mine is too small to make it on the list (William & Mary) but it's every bit as miserable as a lot of these. Nothing to do in town, tons of homework, sucky administration, etc. A little bit of everything!

Hey I have a friend that goes there! She loves it though, said her sorority has made her life much more enjoyable. If you want to talk about nothing to do, try williamstown MA. If you can find more than 2 things to do on a weekend night (within 10 miles) that doesn't involve drinking heavily (and by night I mean starting at 8-9ish) I'll like your toes. For real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom