• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Top Gear Series |20| Aging Gracefully

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
TLZE8Iz.jpg

source

Series Begins...

BBC2 - 8PM GMT

BBC America - July 8, 8pm EST (1 week behind the UK airing)

Look like a 6 episode run this time, according to Final Gear.

Thread Spoiler Policy
First. This is a UK show, and discussion is open while the episode airs in the UK.

Very few spoiler rules in this thread. Due to their popularity, it usually leaks where they are going and what they're driving, so we don't really expect a block out. We do however request you keep cars chosen for challenges behind spoilers.

What To Expect This Series

Series 20 trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_gKXiOWtTA

There's a New Zealand trip this series. Plan on many Hobbit jokes at the expense of Hammond.

Thread Guide (links to post starting each episodes discussion)

June 30 - Episode 1 - Hot Hatchbacks, New Zealand Race, Reasonably Priced Car Inaugural Party
July 7 - Episode 2 - Taxi Race, BBC Television Centre Race, BAC Mono Test
July 14 - Episode 3 - Spain super-car roadtrip
July 21 - Episode 4 - Hovercraft Van
July 28 - Episode 5 - Caravan Holiday

The Stars
zzKj4.jpg

Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, James May, and Cuddles

Keep Up With The Latest At...
http://www.topgear.com/uk/ (Official Site)
http://www.finalgear.com/ (Fan Site)

James May Shooting Himself In The Face
MayFail.gif

iNvid02

episode 1

The motoring magazine returns with the action kicking off in New Zealand, as Jeremy Clarkson and James May race a car against a boat in a nail-biting battle up the beautiful coastline to the very tip of the North Island. The boat is a state-of-the-art America's Cup yacht, while the car is of a type many are familiar with yet have never before seen on Top Gear.

Meanwhile, back in the UK, Richard Hammond attempts to find a hot hatch hero from a trio of newcomers, the Renaultsport Clio 200, Peugeot 208 GTI and Ford Fiesta ST, and a cavalcade of top stars assemble at the track to welcome a brand new Reasonably Priced Car.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
episode 1

The motoring magazine returns with the action kicking off in New Zealand, as Jeremy Clarkson and James May race a car against a boat in a nail-biting battle up the beautiful coastline to the very tip of the North Island. The boat is a state-of-the-art America's Cup yacht, while the car is of a type many are familiar with yet have never before seen on Top Gear.

Meanwhile, back in the UK, Richard Hammond attempts to find a hot hatch hero from a trio of newcomers, the Renaultsport Clio 200, Peugeot 208 GTI and Ford Fiesta ST, and a cavalcade of top stars assemble at the track to welcome a brand new Reasonably Priced Car.

Sounds like it's going to be achingly beautiful...

Chris R

8 day delay for BBCA? I'm ok with that :(

I have a dream though, that one day BBCA will air Top Gear the same night the episode airs on the BBC :(

I'm reaaaaaaaaaaady.

Isn't this a week early? It doesn't start until the 30th.
edit: meant to quote javac

OTs can be made a week prior to release/start of <media>.

I've been rewatching the old seasons on Netflix. It is insane how many Jaguars they review in the first few seasons.

Chris R

wow. Good on BBCA.

Probably never happen since they have to edit the episode for time, and (usually) cut in new music because of copyrights.

BBC needs to work with BBCA when cutting the episode originally then to make it happen. And they haven't been cutting the episodes for time in the past few years, they just air 75+ minute episodes to accommodate the ads.

Scuderia

All i know is they were up here in Barnsley a month ago, in a place called Penistone.

You just know that episode is going to be full of jokes about the village name.

AcridMeat

Banned
A friend put in a request for one of the recording dates. There's a slim possibility I will be at one of these. :OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

AcridMeat

Banned
:O do you have to pay? and do you have to stand up the whole time?
No, which is why it's such an unknown scramble. They spent about an hour refreshing the webpage because it was being hammered and the only thing you can do is request the date/how many tickets. Will find out this Wednesday if I'm going. Here's hoping.

I believe it is standing, though not positive. It is ~5 hours recording, so maybe they have breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom