• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Torchlight |OT| The Definitive Loot game of 2009

Esperado

Game looks pretty good, but I really wish they would have taken some more time to get co-op in. It's going to be missed, especially with the editor they are releasing. Never really enjoyed these games outside of the console Baldur's Gate, but I'm always interested in them. I think I'll wait for now though. I want to see what the community can do with the tools first.

Man, I can't believe these guys already have a game out. It seems like yesterday that Mythos was shut down. Whether I buy this or not, I'll definitely be trying the MMO. I didn't play Mythos a whole lot, but I missed it when it was gone.

It's true. Those guys picked themselves up after Flagship went under and got to business. Seems like a quality job, as well. Really looking forward to tomorrow. I'm sure Borderlands will be set aside quite handily.

Almak

desverger said:
Seems to unlock exactly at midnight for me (EU region). 14 hours to go.

And come on, isn't anyone else gonna pick the cat? :p
Are you kidding me? Of course I'm picking the cat!
Also 23:00 for me. Sigh. So much for a Tuesday release.

yep. definitely going for the cat. anyone got a accurate time for when it will be TIME?

edit: oh says 14 hours on steam. guess that could be correct

Dynoro

desverger said:
Seems to unlock exactly at midnight for me (EU region). 14 hours to go.

And come on, isn't anyone else gonna pick the cat? :p
Cat all the way for me; I ain't using no stinking dog! Although I wish the unlock was this morning and not midnight tonight

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Tisan said:
29 more minutes until I get paid :3

edit: GiantBombs video streaming speed sucks.

You gotta be shitting me! They have the best video streaming speeds I have ever seen on any website. The bar fills up within seconds for me no matter how long the video is. Beats the hell out of waiting 15 minutes for a 5 minute video to load on Youtube.

tomedo

From Torchlight forums:

Torchlight will be released at 12 pm PACIFIC STANDARD TIME.

Runic Games apparently set the timer on their website NOT based on Pacific Standard Time (PST), but on the website visitor's SYSTEM TIME.

Small phail in website design. You'll have to adjust the actual "time left until release" to your time zone:
* Central Europe: 9 pm
* UK: 8 pm
* US East: 4 pm
* Australia: 10-12 am, Oct 28th

tomedo said:
From Torchlight forums:

Torchlight will be released at 12 pm PACIFIC STANDARD TIME.

Runic Games apparently set the timer on their website NOT based on Pacific Standard Time (PST), but on the website visitor's SYSTEM TIME.

Small phail in website design. You'll have to adjust the actual "time left until release" to your time zone:
* Central Europe: 9 pm
* UK: 8 pm
* US East: 4 pm
* Australia: 10-12 am, Oct 28th
Oh poop.

bdouble

desverger said:
I have a feeling the midnight launch will cause me a lot of suffering. Especially tomorrow morning.
I'd say the same thing. Except my job hinges on the weather and tomorrow it looks like snow. I will be looking for some wifi today just to download this 300mb beauty. :D

How sweet it will be. Alchemest starting with a dog and then have an army of golems by this afternoon. :D

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
The minute the Mac version is out, I will fucking buy it with the fierceness. I'm dying to find out when that hits.

54-46!

Sort of want.. I'll wait till the Dragon Age reviews are out, I need my RPG fix this winter but I'm only getting one game.

Defcon

Banned
Man, it's lame as hell to pre order a game and then have to wait until 6pm the day it's released to play it. Steam really sucks in that regard.

Wish I would have waited and got it from Gamers Gate.

Top Bottom