• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

thabiz

One of the best things they did with the skyline was lighting up the tower. Thats a cool shot.

Wonder how much that costs monthly?

Roto13

edit: Damn, another. Skyscrapercity is the best.

8081547783_9a7d42bbe0_b.jpg

source

Oooooh

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
One of the best things they did with the skyline was lighting up the tower. Thats a cool shot.

Wonder how much that costs monthly?

I don't know, but it's worth every penny for me. Better than those damn flood lights that pollute the skyline at night.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Looks awesome! Now could I go there even though I'm not a fan of raw meat or squid/octopus?

I'd assume so but when we went we made sure to have stuff we've never really had before. Takoyaki, okonomiyaki are what really stood out for me. Octopus balls and squid pancakes. The okonomiyaki spelt absolutely terrible though but I forced myself to eat it and was impressed by how great it tasted.

They have fried chicken?

New excuse for me to go back! I didn't know that was on the menu!

The massive steins of beer is what grabbed me.

Those steins were so good.

dubq

The thing I love about places like Guu and Don Don is that they are legitimate Japanese establishments that bring a real authenticity to the food/bar scene in the city. Toronto has had a long standing history of "Japanese" restaurants that were just people hopping on a sushi bandwagon. Don't get me wrong, there are some great restaurants on that list, but I just love that I can go into either Guu or Don Don and have a nice conversation with any of the chefs or waiters in their native tongue. Now if someone would just hurry up and open up Tonkatsu Niimura over here, I'll be all set. ;)

Mr. F

Banned
Random but I was wondering (and I admit ignorance on the subject); why is there such a disparity between Amazon.ca and Amazon's other international websites? From entire categories and sections of products offered to numerous services, Amazon Canada is frustratingly primitive in comparison (hell, even the website's design is years behind its international counterparts).

tl;dr: I just dream of the day we get Prime.
:(

mblitek

Random but I was wondering (and I admit ignorance on the subject); why is there such a disparity between Amazon.ca and Amazon's other international websites? From entire categories and sections of products offered to numerous services, Amazon Canada is frustratingly primitive in comparison (hell, even the website's design is years behind its international counterparts).

tl;dr: I just dream of the day we get Prime.
:(

Distribution rights :( Everyone wants a piece of the pie so Canada & the U.S. are treated as separate entities. I just added a billing address to my VISA of myus.com and it works awesome but expensive. Any other crossborder shippers you guys use?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Distribution rights :( Everyone wants a piece of the pie so Canada & the U.S. are treated as separate entities. I just added a billing address to my VISA of myus.com and it works awesome but expensive. Any other crossborder shippers you guys use?

I use the gamesforcanada.com guy. He's a godsend. I've had him ship all sorts of things aside from games too.

Stet

Banned
Just a rewards card. I pay for everything on VISA and pay it off before the end of the month so I don't even accrue interest. This way I get Amazon points.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Oh, so it's 1% cashback/2% on Amazon.ca

I'm using the MBNA smartcash, it's 5% grocery and gas/1% cashback for the first six months, then it's 3%/1%. Since the bulk of my credit card expenses goes to groceries, it works out pretty well for me.

Azih

I'm pretty ok with TD gold, only 1% cashback but TD Auto Club makes a CAA membership irrelevant and pays for itself.

thabiz

There is way more to this power planet thing than what has been told. The top story on the 5 news was a couple of ministers apologizing in the house. Crazy shit.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
With McGuinty quitting I'm expecting the Conservatives to make a push to defeat the Government. I wonder if Horwath would go along with it.

Top Bottom