• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Total War: Warhammer |OT| WAAAGHcraft 4

so as VC i've wiped out templehof and done the battle of Hel Fen by end of turn 6. Von Carsteins are stilll in the one western sylania town and no where else.I want them to recruit isabella so i can confederate with them.

What should I do?

i hate having to wait ages to confederate just to unify western sylvania

i really want Vlad and Isabella though. why cant the just patch it so you dont need them to have recruited someone to get them via confederation, you are assimilating the entire faction afterall.

so as VC i've wiped out templehof and done the battle of Hel Fen by end of turn 6. Von Carsteins are stilll in the one western sylania town and no where else.I want them to recruit isabella so i can confederate with them.

What should I do?

i really want Vlad and Isabella though. why cant the just patch it so you dont need them to have recruited someone to get them via confederation, you are assimilating the entire faction afterall.
Move north and conquer the Empire States and Kislev.

Giran

What should I do?

On VH I usually see the AI getting their second legendary lords around turn 30. Until then it's only the faction leader and generic lords. Try to keep them isolated so they can't grab more settlements, keep giving them gifts whenever you can, do not get into an alliance with them.

ok turn 19 now, managed to change things by being a bit slower, I attacked wurtbad instead of the moot. Vlad attacked and won at the moot, and sacked it, I occupied Wurtbad, I then moved and took the moot. Wissenland got 2 parts of their territory destroyed, not sure by who abnd confederated with the empire, so the empire only got Nuln.
The Dwarfs havent moved against Vlad despite being at war with him, he then razed Oakenhammer, someone else raised the other location to the west.
Averland has gone to war with the empire rather than Vlad, and me and Vlad are in a full alliance.

Apart from order issues i could take both Averland territories now too.

Climate is a new thing in TWWH2, I guess.Huh.

I wonder if that's how they'll artificially restrain factions to certain area. I imagine it's an order penalty/boost based on the faction preference.

Climate is a new thing in TWWH2, I guess.Huh.

I wonder if that's how they'll artificially restrain factions to certain area. I imagine it's an order penalty/boost based on the faction preference.

They talked about climate before in past videos. What climate is how your race reacts to a peculiar place.
https://www.pcgamesn.com/total-war-warhammer-ii/total-war-warhammer-2-skaven-guide
It also feeds (heh) into Total Warhammer II’s new climates mechanic - in the original, the four launch factions were divided into pairs, with each pair unable to occupy settlements belonging to the other. That’s getting replaced by this ‘climates’ system, wherein you can technically colonise any settlement, but growth rates, building costs, and income will all suffer if you pick one in a climate that doesn’t suit your race (Dwarfs, for instance, prefer mountains).

if public order does drop to -100 are you guaranteed rebels? i swear once and only once it dropped and no rebels appeared though my main army was in a settlement of that province.

Well I just finished the dwarf long campaign (on easy to get my footing) was definitely a lot of fun. Late game has the same problem I have with civilization with a lot of small choices bogging me down.

Some of infomation about the new Legendary Lords, or at least some of them.

DJNZjfhXUAEmVtL.jpg

karnage10

Banned
if public order does drop to -100 are you guaranteed rebels? i swear once and only once it dropped and no rebels appeared though my main army was in a settlement of that province.

Yes. rebels appear instantly when you reach -100 PO, however they will take a couple of turns to recruit enough units to besiege your settlement. They also always appear at the capital settlement of a province (as long as you control it).

possible reasons for not seeing rebels:
Maybe when you moved your army to the settlement the PO began rising thus preventing the rebellion.
If you are playing as GS the waghs will almost always wipe rebels by themselves.
Allied army defeated them.

Heard some rumblings, thought I missed an announcement. This is the closest thing I could find https://youtu.be/U0aLWG-Eg7w?t=7m59s

Hmmm....
That seems a bit weird that he would just drop that.
It's been rumored for ages, I thought you had actual confirmation instead of a "yeah, we'll probably do it at some point."

Dammit, man! Getting my hopes up like that smh

(End Times turned Settra into maybe my favorite Warhammer Fantasy character ever. Dude is unbelievably boss.)
Damn Youtubers.

Mudcrab

It's been rumored for ages, I thought you had actual confirmation instead of a "yeah, we'll probably do it at some point."

Dammit, man! Getting my hopes up like that smh

(End Times turned Settra into maybe my favorite Warhammer Fantasy character ever. Dude is unbelievably boss.)

Hmmm....
That seems a bit weird that he would just drop that.

Damn Youtubers.

I mean I get what y'all are saying, but I would think the "lead designer of the new content team" outright saying we'll definitely see Tomb Kings and then proceeding to name SETTRA THE IMPERISHABLE as their lord, but he can't tell us when just yet would be a little more hope inducing.

I mean I get what y'all are saying, but I would think the "lead designer of the new content team" outright saying we'll definitely see Tomb Kings and then proceeding to name SETTRA THE IMPERISHABLE as their lord, but he can't tell us when just yet would be a little more hope inducing.

Considering that Warhammer 2 is not out yet makes it weirder too.

karnage10

Banned

Just for your info when CA announced the first warhammer, CA confirmed they would do all factions from the 8th edition; from a Russian datamine we also know chaos dwarfs are planned for game 3.

We also know that the tomb kings faction will have 4LL.

Violet_0

Banned
of course Khemri are going to be in the game (very likely one of the first DLC). Their territory is already on the campaign map

I'm more curious about how they'll handle Araby. Just giving them the normal Empire units would be very grating

Violet_0

Banned
I'm having an increasingly annoying game as VC

by turn ~65 I wiped out the Empire, 10 turns later the first Chaos wave already comes rolling in early. Wissenland and the South of the Empire was completely destroyed by Crooked Moon and Beastsmen, the entire North is Chaos Wasteland, the center of the map is my realm

so, what happened was that the new stronger post-patch Chaos wave plus both Norsca tribes came down on me unopposed while Dwarves, who are yet again the #1 military power with a huge lead, decided to plunder my undefended cities down South unprovoked at the very same moment. Interestingly, Chaos never declared war on me, they just raided my lands and amassed their armies around Talabheim, where my armies were waiting, so I decided to strike first and decisively beat them. Now, dealing with the Dwarves on the other side of my territory, the remaining Chaos forces, building my economy to support my growing armies, fighting rebellions left and right while trying to secure the 12 provinces (that are almost all wasteland now anyway) for the victory condition and getting ready for the real Chaos invastion is just a huge headache

my problem with the old world campaign right now is that 1) without the player interfering, Chaos just completely demolishes the AI factions 2) Dwarves are always the unopposed economic and military superpower late game. It's not very well-balanced. And frankly, I'm tired of having to deal with the Chaos waves again and again. Hopefully they improved the endgame in game 2

e: can Empire or VC settle in Dwarven stronghold in game 2 and vice versa?

^ Tried the No Chaos Invasion mod yet?
It's pretty cool especially for "evil" faction like VC and Greenskins because your natural enemies won't be wiped out by Chaos.

And yes, in game 2 every race can settle any settlement but you will large penalties in climates that don't suit your race.

Violet_0

Banned
^ Tried the No Chaos Invasion mod yet?
It's pretty cool especially for "evil" faction like VC and Greenskins because your natural enemies won't be wiped out by Chaos.

And yes, in game 2 every race can settle any settlement but you will large penalties in climates that don't suit your race.

ah, cool
I'll just complete this campaign over the next few days and then I'm done with game 1 anyway. Could be interesting to see, though, what happens if Chaos never shows up in the Grand Campaign. Right now, the Empire and later the Brets are always getting crushed by Chaos, if the VC don't do it first. Eventually, them and the Dwarves and WE fall to Chaos too, but the latter two have the advantage of being the farthest away from the Chaos spawn point. And the Orks are just a joke

Combined map details ... its now called Mortal Empires https://www.totalwar.com/blog/mortal-empires

+ FreeLC plans
DKLEJ1cWAAAy0aw.jpg

although personally cant read it right now :-( can anyone do tl;dr summary?

-No vortex mechanics; straight conquest
-Old World + "key territories from Lustria, the Southlands, Naggaroth and Ulthuan"
-Not a "stitch and fix job," so it probably won't just be the whole map from 1 and the whole map from 2
-They're planning on doing it this way in 3, so we'll get 2 additional campaigns then too
-In Mortal Empires alone, they're at 35 LL across 25 starting positions
-Nearly double the number of settlements and factions from The Old World campaign
-Expect longer turn times than the Old World and Vortex campaigns (no duh)
-Other LL and starting locations for existing ones that share a spot will be added as time goes on
-"And a final word on the name. We know that not all the empires and characters featured in Mortal Empires are ‘mortal' in the truest sense of the word. But compared with what may be stirring on the distant horizon..." TOMB KINGS MOTHERFUCKERS SETTRA THE UNFUCKWITHABLE RIDESSSS

Philxor

I do wonder whether or not Total War: Warhammer 3 will be largely End Times changes. I thought initially that they might push to transfer into Age of Sigmar a la the tabletop but it would probably be far too hard to merge/integrate in some meaningful way with the current content in the same way this sequel seems to be doing.

End Times changes would be pretty fantastic, however. Plenty of units/characters to introduce.

I do wonder whether or not Total War: Warhammer 3 will be largely End Times changes. I thought initially that they might push to transfer into Age of Sigmar a la the tabletop but it would probably be far too hard to merge/integrate in some meaningful way with the current content in the same way this sequel seems to be doing.

End Times changes would be pretty fantastic, however. Plenty of units/characters to introduce.

I'd be kinda shocked if they didn't have an End Times campaign, especially since it fits well with the pattern they're establishing in Mortal Empires.

That said, I do kinda wonder where we'll go after this. WH3 is supposed to be a map expansion on par with WH2, but we've already got... basically everything, I think?

Violet_0

Banned
I'm surprised the Skaven Grey Seer Thanquol isn't in the base game. He's the most prominent Skaven Lord, so I assume he'll be the DLC

Philxor

I'd be kinda shocked if they didn't have an End Times campaign, especially since it fits well with the pattern they're establishing in Mortal Empires.

That said, I do kinda wonder where we'll go after this. WH3 is supposed to be a map expansion on par with WH2, but we've already got... basically everything, I think?

Exactly this. Just seeing that Tomb Kings hint is insane. There really wouldn't be much else left to do...Ogres and what? Chaos Dwarves?

Looking at how they could go into the End Times setting would be very interesting. As I say, plenty of units for them to explore. It would be great to see them set up for some future AoS stuff as well.

TWWH3 might just be the combined "Mortal Empires" map, maybe expanded or tweaked, with the Chaos additions layered on top. (The leak points to the third game being a major Chaos-focused expansion.) Dunno Warhammer geography to say what else they'd add, but that's my guess.

Then the Immortal Empire campaign would unlock all of the DLC factions you own from previous games. (With previous games' base factions being part of TWWH3, on top of the Chaos lords, however they work.)

I suspect the Mortal Empire campaign will be their trial run for the third, to optimise everything.

Exactly this. Just seeing that Tomb Kings hint is insane. There really wouldn't be much else left to do...Ogres and what? Chaos Dwarves?

Looking at how they could go into the End Times setting would be very interesting. As I say, plenty of units for them to explore. It would be great to see them set up for some future AoS stuff as well.

Ogre Kingdoms, Chaos Dwarves, Chaos Demons, and... uh... I don't know, Cathay? Would they add Nagash undead as like a separate faction that starts on the map? Does that even make any sense?

Violet_0

Banned

Ogre Kingdoms, Demons of Chaos, Chaos Dwarves ... Kislev, Dogs of War (Tilea mercenaries), Middenheim? Could be a north and slightly to the east expansion of the map

Demons of Chaos are almost 4 unique factions on their own. They have a lot of unique models

for game 2 dlc - Khemri, Araby maybe, Tilea and Estalia

Ogre Kingdoms, Demons of Chaos, Chaos Dwarves ... Kislev, Dogs of War (Tilea mercenaries), Middenheim? Could be a north and slightly to the east expansion of the map

Demons of Chaos are almost 4 unique factions on their own

for game 2 dlc - Khemri, Araby maybe, Tilea and Estalia

Demons of Chaos are one faction with a handful of unique units per alignment, c'mon.

Kislev, Dogs of War, Middenheim aren't anywhere near unique enough to merit their own headlining faction, I feel. Not unless they go full Norsca with it, they're still basically Empire subfactions.

Khemri I feel confident is definitely coming now, but after that I'm not sure.

Philxor

Ogre Kingdoms, Chaos Dwarves, Chaos Demons, and... uh... I don't know, Cathay? Would they add Nagash undead as like a separate faction that starts on the map? Does that even make any sense?

I personally feel they should definitely add a supreme End Times leader in this vein, but I am not sure how they would implement it. Having the game without Nagash is a bit mad, but perhaps they will try and add it as separate to VC.

Chaos Demons is likely a pretty good shout I suppose- but I would like to see them (I never thought I would say this) introduce fewer factions and- in similar fashion to XCOM 2 WoTC- focus more on optimisation and campaign mechanics. Playing the first game the other day on a new £3000 desktop and getting 40fps at 1440p is depressing!

Violet_0

Banned
Demons of Chaos are one faction with a handful of unique units per alignment, c'mon.

Kislev, Dogs of War, Middenheim aren't anywhere near unique enough to merit their own headlining faction, I feel. Not unless they go full Norsca with it, they're still basically Empire subfactions.

Khemri I feel confident is definitely coming now, but after that I'm not sure.

well, alright

since there isn't a big fourth faction left, they could give us a few of the smaller ones instead. Cathay seems extremly unlikely, since that never was a factor in the Warhammer world. I think it's quite likely that we'll get a proper Kislev at some point, as they are neighboring the other remaining factions

I heard they were going to make Chaos specific factions for each chaos god with 3

Top Bottom