• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toys R Us - Buy 2 Get 1 free game sale (October 11th-17th)

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
JdFoX187 said:
They're not carrying Sigma 2. I hope they have Motorstorm 2.

Seriously, WTF is with Toys R Us not carrying NGS2, and Demon's Souls? I went in there today and couldn't find a decent set of games to put together with Uncharted. Do they normally not carry games like these? I seem to remember being able to find anything there in the past.

msdstc said:
Had to buy the controller tonight... turns out you can't mix and match games with accessories. So Uncharted 2, Madden 10, and? Not sure yet.
Really? They let me mix at match at the TRU I went to.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
I ended up going with amazon because I felt too shady buyin a game I didn't want and trading it in at Walmart or w/e.

Plus

On toyRus:
UC2 + Brutal Legend + Random 60 dollargame + 3 day shipping - 15 dollars = 130ish

UC2 + Brutal Legend + 1 day shipping = 120 on Amazon w/ Prime, + 20 dollars credit towards my next games purchase. Not too big of a difference, plus i get to play the game on tuesday or weds rather than friday or saturday.

And In the end, I feel much less shady.

(cool story, bro)

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
TelemachusD said:
Really? They let me mix at match at the TRU I went to.

Ughh I'm going to talk to the manager when I get there tomorrow and sort this out. They said it wouldn't work that way.

Teknoman

Come on....Brutal Legend, Uncharted 2, and Boy and his Blob!

Giftcards should work just fine online right?

EDIT: What... shopping cart isnt working on the site.

AniHawk said:
Mirror's Edge
116kinl.jpg

A $20 game to add to two $60 games? Bad economics.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
speculawyer said:
116kinl.jpg

A $20 game to add to two $60 games? Bad economics.

That's basically what I was thinking. If I'm going to get that I'll buy it straight up, rather than using a 60 dollar gift on that.

RBH

Teknoman said:
Strange, is the shopping cart not working for anyone else?
Yeah for some reason, it's not even allowing you to put Brutal Legend and Uncharted 2 in the cart. Plus, Boy and His Blob doesn't seem to be working with the sale anymore (probably because the game isn't out yet and because they fixed that pre-order glitch on the website).

May have to go in-store to get those three games together.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
AniHawk said:
Get Arkham Asylum then.

It's a possibility, but I'm leaning towards Brutal Legend.

Anybody else mix and match games with accesories? What's the policy on returning controllers? I know once you open a game it can't be returned, but hardware is different... right?

Alex

Going in for UC2 and Brutal Legend at this point.

For my third, it doesn't seem like they'll have Sigma 2 or Way of the Samurai 3. Kind of lame, hm. I dunno what I'll do for a third game.

I never used to have a problem finding niche games or M rated games at TRU, but this was many years ago, I probably havent been inside the store in at least 5 years and I havent regularly checked there in 10. They don't seem quite as snappy on the game front anymore

Got myself something:

Prince of Persia PS3
Midnight Club LA PS3
Kirby Super Star Ultra DS (free)

Rhythm Heaven DS
Big Bang Mini DS
Deadly Creatures (free)

I thought for sure I'd get the $20 Big Bang Mini as a free one, but TRU did me a solid and gave me the $30 Kirby free instead.

Ashhong

for those that did this in stores, how does the receipt look? are all 3 games discounted or is it just 1 free game?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Decided to try again and took a longer drive out to another TRU. Managed the following:

Klonoa Wii
House of the Dead: Overkill
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (hope I like this, it was an extremely blind buy)

Ashhong said:
for those that did this in stores, how does the receipt look? are all 3 games discounted or is it just 1 free game?
Mine shows the third one free.

Virro

MidnightScott said:
Which store, I'm in Houston too. I really want to get Uncharted 2, Brutal Legend, and Afrika...though I think Afrika will be unlikely since they still don't have a listing for it. --;

The Baybrook Mall store down in the Clear Lake/NASA area. They had Batman, and there was nobody there in the morning. I'm sure if you show up before the kiddies get out of school, you can find what you're looking for. I don't know what part of town you're coming from though. Most places in the city should be stocked with Batman: AA and Brutal Legend if you head in tomorrow.

I got an email today saying Brutal Legend (360) was back-ordered.

...What?

Guess I'll have to wait a few extra days and play Batman: AA/OF: DR in the meantime.

has anyone seen Magna Carta 2 in stores? In know gamestop got this early, last friday.

also do I need to buy uncharted 2 this morning or will supply last few days?

Got an e-mail for backordered Uncharted 2 but Brutal Legend is located in stock, so that's good. As long as the wait isn't too long Brutal Legend will tie me over.

Virro

cleveridea said:
has anyone seen Magna Carta 2 in stores? In know gamestop got this early, last friday.

also do I need to buy uncharted 2 this morning or will supply last few days?

I haven't seen MC2 in stores around here, and my guess is that the UC2 supply will depend on a store to store basis. They don't have a store availability option on their website, so I'd call ahead if you've gotta drive for a while instead of showing up and just being disappointed.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
cr_blah_blah said:
Got an e-mail for backordered Uncharted 2 but Brutal Legend is located in stock, so that's good. As long as the wait isn't too long Brutal Legend will tie me over.
Same. Gonna see if I can snag my three this week and if not I have my online order as a saftey net.

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
msdstc said:
It's a possibility, but I'm leaning towards Brutal Legend.

Anybody else mix and match games with accesories? What's the policy on returning controllers? I know once you open a game it can't be returned, but hardware is different... right?

Oh man, get AA. I'm not saying Brutal Legend is bad, I don't know, but I do know that Batman AA is great. I'm not a Batman fan either, it's just a really fun game.

MMaRsu

Banned
drakesfortune said:
Oh man, get AA. I'm not saying Brutal Legend is bad, I don't know, but I do know that Batman AA is great. I'm not a Batman fan either, it's just a really fun game.

Holy shit you have a scary avatar o_O

vehn

I called my Wal-Mart and after a big Hulabaloo with them they said that they can't accept returns of over $50 without a receipt. They also said they they would have to scan the game into the system to accept it, but who knows if the Toys R Us barcode will read into the system. Anyone have any luck with the returns?

Spruchy

vehn said:
I called my Wal-Mart and after a big Hulabaloo with them they said that they can't accept returns of over $50 without a receipt. They also said they they would have to scan the game into the system to accept it, but who knows if the Toys R Us barcode will read into the system. Anyone have any luck with the returns?

GAF = Gamers against fraud.

And you know what the sad part is? You're bad at it too, toys r us barcode? WTF are you talking about, unless its an exclusive edition games dont get a barcode based on the establishment they are sent to.

But keep on trying to save that 50 or 60 bucks man, screw getting a job.

2real4tv

So if Iam reading this right. If I use the game I really want as the freebee(U2), I can later return the other two(RNC and MW2) when the other ones I want come out?

HiResDes

lawblob said:
Heading out right now.

Uncharted 2 + NBA 2k10 + ..... mystery third game
Get Brutal Legend...I think its easier for PS3 owners to pick three games. At this point I might just have to get Rock band 2 as my third game, without any accessories to go with it.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
So pissed they're not carrying Sigma 2. Went to 2 stores, called a 3rd, and nothing. One store told me they might not get it until a couple of months, if at all and the other two had no clue.

I settled on Batman: Arkham Asylum instead. Also got Uncharted 2 and LBP:GOTY

HiResDes said:
Get Brutal Legend...I think its easier for PS3 owners to pick three games. At this point I might just have to get Rock band 2 as my third game, without any accessories to go with it.
I'm going to 1 game for each platform (IF THEY HAVE THE GAMES!): Uncharted 2, Wii Sports Resort (2 M+), and . . . . Fallout 3?

I might have to plug my nose and get NHL 10 (which gets great reviews but just doesn't click with someone that likes the way the 2K10 games play) since NHL 10 has lots of people online. Or . . I might buy 3 copies of NHL 2K10 and give them to people that will play against me. :D

Kodiak said:
I ended up going with amazon because I felt too shady buyin a game I didn't want and trading it in at Walmart or w/e.

I am definitely feeling a little shady. However, I anticipate once I am holding Demon Souls in my hand and I eat a couple triscuit crackers while waving at the poor army vet with no legs that is the walmart greeter that feeling will fade.

South Austin, Tx store got 8 copies of Uncharted 2. I was #7 in line 5 minutes after it opened. Good luck with that.

Also, no Magna Carta 2 yet.

Nabbed Uncharted 2, Brutal Legend, and WET.

discoalucard

i am a butthurt babby that can only drool in wonder at shiney objects
For some reason no one ever goes to the Toys R Us by where I work, so they were pretty well stocked with Brutal Legend and Uncharted 2. I wanted Batman Arkham Asylum for the third game, but they were out, so I got Halo ODST as a placeholder so I can exchange it at a different TRU.

I just got back from my local Toys-r-us. I didn't end up doing the b2g1 free deal, they just didn't have anything other than Uncharted 2. But for those of you planning on getting UC2, the store I was at sold their last copy to the guy just behind me. They really didn't get many copies in apparently, so you might want to call ahead. My store sold out of UC2 in less than an hour after opening...

I ended up going to toys'r'us this morning and buying Uncharted 2 for $40 with the ODST card. That was enough for me. I already own the games I wanted from the last few months (Batman $30, ODST $20). I feel like getting 2 more games that I was mildly interested would stress me out.

sphinx

the piano man
toys r' us used to be great and this deal sounded cool but they ALWAYS have serious inventory problems. I remember back in the NES days, they used the small tags you had to take to a counter and then get your game, everything was properly placed in a loooong hall of NES awesomeness.

Now is all a mess.

Either they have the most rabid videogame costumers who buy everything first day or they just can't supply their stores with the proper inventory.

Whenever I go to a TRU store it means frustration to me. I hate them.

I went about an hour ago and picked up two copies of Uncharted 2 (one for a friend) and got Brutal Legend free. From what it looked like, they didn't have very many of either title left, so I would recommend going to TRU sooner than later.

sphinx said:
toys r' us used to be great and this deal sounded cool but they ALWAYS have serious inventory problems. I remember back in the NES days, they used the small tags you had to take to a counter and then get your game, everything was properly placed in a loooong hall of NES awesomeness.

Now is all a mess.

Either they have the most rabid videogame costumers who buy everything first day or they just can't supply their stores with the proper inventory.

Whenever I go to a TRU store it means frustration to me. I hate them.

It makes no sense not to stock up on a popular new release, especially if they are having a sale at the same time. This game is bringing in customers that would normally buy from other retailers, yet they under-ship it. Doesn't make sense.

Kolgar

First in line in Madison, Wisconsin.

Uncharted 2
Brutal Legend
Halo ODST

Kinda wish I'd gotten in on the preorder for Bioshock 2, but ODST might be cool.

Top Bottom