• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toys R Us - Buy 2 Get 1 free game sale (October 11th-17th)

ouchx100

Backordered games still count on the site for the sale right?

I put U2 and brutal legend in my cart with dirt 2 and even entered the $10 off cupon from a few pages back and the total came to $112.30.

just return U2 unopened back to gamestop with your receipt from the copy you just purchased.

This is probably what I will do. If it doesn't work guess I'll just sell one on craigslist. still cheaper than buying all three seperate.

ouchx100 said:
I put U2 and brutal legend in my cart with dirt 2 and even entered the $10 off cupon from a few pages back and the total came to $112.30..
How do you get back-ordered games into your cart?

kylej

Banned
My TRU didn't have Fallout GOTY or Operation Flashpoint :( Still picked up Brutal Legend for $40 thanks to my ODST gift card.

Teknoman

speculawyer said:
How do you get back-ordered games into your cart?

Just add em like normal. For some reason the shopping cart doesnt add items at times, but its definitely possible.

Got U2 and BL in my cart and just waiting till the 15th when Blob shows as in stock / now shipping.

Shurs

So, I ordered Uncharted 2, Brutal Legend and Katamari on Sunday.

Thus far I've received word that Katamari has shipped, Uncharted 2 is back ordered and absolutely nothing about Brutal Legend. Has anyone had their copy of Brutal Legend (PS3) ship?

botkiller

Shurs said:

Thus far I've received word that Katamari has shipped, Uncharted 2 is back ordered and absolutely nothing about Brutal Legend. Has anyone had their copy of Brutal Legend (PS3) ship?
My 360 copy shipped this afternoon.

Got Uncharted 2, was hoping for Batman AA and Fallout 3 GOTY, but both were gone.

I ended up with Brutal Legend and Resident Evil 5 instead. I've been wanting to pick up RE5 for some time, but I'm still on the fence about Brutal Legend. I'm really hoping that one of the two other games come back in stock this week.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
I got all excited about the ToyRus promotion this year but they just had to be a shitty retailer and not carry Demon's souls. And they call themselves a toy store pss.... I am taking my dollars to a retailer that respects you

And...talk about a total bust. I don't know why I got my hopes up. I haven't stepped foot in TRU in about 20 years. My how the mighty have fallen.

I will say if you were picking up Wii games at my TRU they had a great selection, even a ton of copies of A Boy and His Blob.

Unfortunately, the HD game selection was tiny, tucked away in the corner like a red headed step child. It looked they didn't even stock Uncharted or the 360 version of Brutal Legend, as they didn't have the placards with the cover art indicating they were sold out.

They did have the PS3 version of BL stocked, but it was sold out by the time I got there. I ended up just driving to Wal-Mart and picking up Uncharted. I was going to buy BL too but I couldn't bring myself to drop another 60 bucks on a game without the free game incentive.
Oh well, I'll just trade in GH5 as penance to Tim Schafer and pick it up at GameStop later this week. This deal started out sounding awesome but after the no Demon's Souls at TRU i shouldn't have even got my hopes up.

tim1138

I was able to pick up A Boy and His Blob, Scribblenauts and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky.

Had to have them get ABaHB out of the back, but I was able to get what I was looking for.

Wark

Picked up Uncharted 2, Batman: Arkham Asylum, and Brutal Legend today. :D

There may be a few other games I wanna snatch up before this offer ends.

DeadGzuz

Banned
My buddy went to get UC2 and a couple of other games, of course they were sold out. Now he cannot play it, I told him not to trust the crap fest known as TrU.

I used the "Which games will decrease in price over time, and which won't?" strategy, so subsequently I bought two Nintendo games (WSR, unfortunately they didn't have the two-M+ version there, and MPT) and a copy of Marvel Ultimate Alliance, which I needed to get right away as a birthday present for a friend. I'm going to go back and get a few games of the sort that have been hailed as underrated gems but have been priced down to twenty bucks (unless the new, similar Amazon deal has the same games for even less).

Sunday I got Brutal Legend, Bayonetta and Bioshock 2 all for the 360. BL might not get here till next week. I'm okay with that seeing as how I need to get in good with Uncharted 2, but the thought of waiting that long for the other two is troubling. Ah well, can't complain for the price.

So, I can buy 3 games say,

Uncharted 2, Brutal Legend, and Fallout GOTY.

Fallout Rings up as free.

total comes to 120, and then I pay.

If I return the 2 other games, will they give it back to me on my credit card? or will they just give me cash?

Because then I am pretty much getting a free game if they do. hmm. :D

FoxMcCloudDS said:

If I return the 2 other games, will they give it back to me on my credit card? or will they just give me cash?

Shut up Junior. Like you're the first person to have thought of this.

AniHawk

FoxMcCloudDS said:

I recommend waiting about a week or two before returning the other two, just so it doesn't look shady. You should be able to open and play Fallout 3 anyway so all you'd be waiting for is your money back.

Ashhong

FoxMcCloudDS said:

you so clever! they will probably look at your receipt and see that you got a "gift" with those purchases and either A. give you only 40 back for each game, or B. make you return the 3rd.

bumpkin

Scythesurge said:
I can't believe I was able to get U2, Brutal Legend and Batman. 2nd to last copy of uncharted! Now I must go play!
My turnout was basically what I expected tonight (around 6pm). I approached the clerk and asked if they had Brutal Legend on 360 and Uncharted 2 on PS3 and he said they sold out of both earlier in the afternoon. Oh the cruel irony of having a regular job!

Phaethon0017 said:
Sunday I got Brutal Legend, Bayonetta and Bioshock 2 all for the 360. BL might not get here till next week. I'm okay with that seeing as how I need to get in good with Uncharted 2, but the thought of waiting that long for the other two is troubling. Ah well, can't complain for the price.
I've got Red Dead Redemption on pre-order . . . it doesn't even have a ship date. Maybe a year from now. :lol

I went to another store and was very happy to see they had Wii Sports Resort with 2 M+ things. But I when I got home, I was too late to cancel the online version I ordered with 1 M+ add-on. Well . . . at least I've got a lot of Christmas shopping done. :D

FatalT

Banned
FoxMcCloudDS said:

Isn't fraud awesome? Derpa derpa derp

AniHawk said:
I recommend waiting about a week or two before returning the other two, just so it doesn't look shady. You should be able to open and play Fallout 3 anyway so all you'd be waiting for is your money back.

pearls of wisdom here....

squinters

astigmatic
Wanted to get Uncharted, Scribblenauts, and Professor Layton. Sold out of Uncharted so I'll have to try again tomorrow.

Has anybody had any luck finding Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition?

It seems like a lot of stores think they're going to get it in, but nobody's honestly sure.

stupei

Was going to get Muramasa, Dead Space: Extraction, and A Boy and His Blob, but with Boy and His Blob already at $40 I switched it out for Punch-Out!! since, as a Nintendo title, I figured it wasn't likely to drop below $50 very often.

Got Boy and His Blob on the side. (Looked into the Best Buy $10 back/off deal, but they didn't have any in stock at the one near me.)

Point of interest: Dead Space: Extraction looked like it had been hit pretty hard, not a ton left. An optimistic part of me hopes a lot of people are using this sale as a means to pick up what looks to be a pretty great and creative game.

RBH

FoxMcCloudDS said:

Too bad that won't actually work.

FoxMcCloudDS said:

If it's anything like Best Buy's return policy I don't think that will work (and it shouldn't). At Best Buy you have to return everything from a promotion to get a refund. Like if you get something free that item has to be brought back also. Unless TRU is just really that dumb, I'm pretty sure they'd have the same policy or % off of returns. Some stores barely let you exchange games of the same price, just giving you your money back and ignoring the free game would be silly on their part.

Teknoman

Wtf? Toys R us.com took Brutal Legend 360 out of my cart, but left U2 and Boy and his Blob.

Now Brutal is listed as Out of Stock instead of Backordered. Hope this gets fixed by Thursday-Friday or if not at least get the games in stock nearby. Either that or i'll head off tomorrow and try the placeholder thing.

I seriously doubt the "bring back the 2 games you paid for but keep the free one" will work.

This isn't the first year they've run this. They have done this every year for over 5 years so if you think you're the first person to try this scam, you're an idiot.

grenks

Neo Member
I went this mornin and got the games i was lookin for. I got Batman, Motorstorm 2, and NBA 2K10. When he rung it up he asked if I wanted gift receipts for them and I said fuck it aight. I want these games but I remember readin on here about doin somethin with gift receipts with the games you get. Can anybody fill me in?

Either way it worked out cause last night I checked to see if the games were available at the store i went to and it said they were all out of stock and motorstorm 2 wasnt even online so I was happy when they was all there. They didnt have Sigma 2 but I went to the best buy next door and bought it.

Shurs said:

I'm having this same issue. My LBP shipped on Monday but Uncharted is back ordered and Brutal Legend is just sitting there, apparently, unshipped. That's annoying.

TelemachusD said:
I just picked up:

PS3 Eye of Judgment Bundle $20
PSP Crisis Core $10
DS Soul Bubbles $10 (thanks to jarosh's thread)

How'd you get eye of judgment for $20? it shows up in my cart as $70

Or did you mean after the discount it's $20?

Top Bottom