• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toys R Us suffers a shortage maybe (won't meet all preorders)

Crimmy

Not sure if this has been posted already but now Toys R Us isn't going to be getting all their previous units and won't know until tomorrow morning. Has anyone else heard about this?

Um they just made a huge press release saying they will cover them all. Post a link.. otherwise we all know you're just trying to cause trouble.

Crimmy

I'm really not trying to cause trouble. What the hell? If you dont believe me, call the TRU you preordered from. Make sure you speak to either the store manager or asssistant manager because when I called this morning, they confirmed everyone was getting theirs. I called back today and the lady put me on with the store manager and he stated that ALL TRU's have been affected (not just mine) by a shortage of PS3's because Sony is only shipping 200k or so. He said he isnt sure how short they will be and the best thing to do is come in at 9am tomorrow which is when they open.

Again, he said this is EVERY TRU. All of them will experience some type of shortage. the amount isn't known until tomorrow.

I heard the same thing about EB. They dont know how many they are getting and its less than 24 hrs before launch

brocke

Banned
i have a preorder at toys r us. ><

i will seriously hurt someone tomorrow if they try and pull any shit

Crimmy

borghe said:
I sense a lock and a ban in someone's future.

If I get banned for informing people about something rather important, thats pretty crappy. I have no link to a website but I spoke with TRU TWICE today. In the morning, everything was fine and dandy. Then I called back again 30 minutes ago and he said that they are ALL experiencing some type of shortage. Instead of getting 8 you may get 7. Instead off 7 you may get 4. They won't know until tomorrow.

They also said that you don't have 48 hours to pick it up anymore. You have to pick it up within 24 or else their giving it to employee's/ customers.

EDIT: I'm assuming everyone in this thread preordered from TRU. Call them now. Their holding time is atrocious but when they pick up, ask to speak to someone who knows about the PS3 launch. Don't just settle for the lady on the phone because she's just the simple customer service rep who doesn't know a dam thing. Ask to speak to someone in the videogame department, or like I did, the store manager. They most likely will be there because manager stated he's gonna be here overnight for some stock inventory thing or something.

Crimmy said:
If I get banned for informing people about something rather important, thats pretty crappy. I have no link to a website but I spoke with TRU TWICE today. In the morning, everything was fine and dandy. Then I called back again 30 minutes ago and he said that they are ALL experiencing some type of shortage. Instead of getting 8 you may get 7. Instead off 7 you may get 4. They won't know until tomorrow.

They also said that you don't have 48 hours to pick it up anymore. You have to pick it up within 24 or else their giving it to employee's/ customers.

Whats the number to the TRU you called and the name of the employee? I'll make a phone call :)

maynerd

Banned
Crimmy said:

Whatever mr 0.05 posts a day. BAN HIM! :lol

I'm kiddin

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Crimmy said:
I'm really not trying to cause trouble. What the hell? If you dont believe me, call the TRU you preordered from. Make sure you speak to either the store manager or asssistant manager because when I called this morning, they confirmed everyone was getting theirs. I called back today and the lady put me on with the store manager and he stated that ALL TRU's have been affected (not just mine) by a shortage of PS3's because Sony is only shipping 200k or so. He said he isnt sure how short they will be and the best thing to do is come in at 9am tomorrow which is when they open.

Again, he said this is EVERY TRU. All of them will experience some type of shortage. the amount isn't known until tomorrow.

I heard the same thing about EB. They dont know how many they are getting and its less than 24 hrs before launch

Don't post anecdotal evidence from your Toys R Us. Employees always say stuff they can't back up.

A CompUSA employee told me that Sony cut shipments from 2.2 million units to 200,000 units. He didn't even give me a time frame.

Crimmy

DarkAngelYuna said:
Whats the number to the TRU you called and the name of the employee? I'll make a phone call :)

I don't know the name of the employee but here's the #:

518-459-5561

EDIT: Mention that someone told you they just called you and told you about the shortage. Say that a friend just informed me that someone at that store said the above.

You have to know how to talk to these employees. Like, I caught a GameCrazy employee in a lie. I had originally called and asked if they were gettin PS3's. They said No. I called back later and the same guy picked up and I asked them "How many PS3's are you getting" and he said "they all have been accounted for. We did a preorder a couple weeks ago." In other words, the scumbag employees kept them for themselves.

brocke

Banned
i've called 3 of them soo far and soo far they said they will be getting in the amount preordered. i'll call your location in a sec and try and get to the bottom of this.

Crimmy

brocke said:
i've called 3 of them soo far and soo far they said they will be getting in the amount preordered. i'll call your location in a sec and try and get to the bottom of this.

Like I told Dark, make sure you say something like "Well someone just told me they just spoke with you and you said you weren't getting the designated amount"

EDIT: I've come to find out that all these employees are lying scumbags. The super Walmart's in my area stated they weren't allowing lines and that you just had to be in the store around 6pm and they would announce where to lineup and everyone would rush to that spot. Then an hour before midnight yesterday I go over the and 10 people are lined up. Note that on my way there my roomate was on the phone with them and they said the same "Not lining up, no one is here" bullshit.

So yeah, be careful what they tell you. Seems like they are trying to keep a few for themselves. Kmart has been getting at least 3 PS3's even tho they said they were never getting any

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
duderon said:
Don't post anecdotal evidence from your Toys R Us. Employees always say stuff they can't back up.

A CompUSA employee told me that Sony cut shipments from 2.2 million units to 200,000 units. He didn't even give me a time frame.

2.2 million :lol

spengo

I read something about this earlier on CAG. Here is the post from a supposed TRU employee...

I saw the whole alotment sheet for both ps3 and wii today (didn't get a chance to print it out). Wii numbers will be anywhere from 30 up to almost 300 per store, all varying. I can't give store numbers, as I don't even remember which ones were getting what. All I know is my store is getting 36 (small store, small town) and the next nearest is getting 66.

PS3, on the other hand.... I wouldn't even bother waiting outside for. Some stores, according to the list, may not even meet their preorders, let alone have extras. One glimmer of hope, however, if a preordered PS3 is not picked up by close on Saturday night, it goes out for sale sunday morning.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115299

maynerd

Banned
brocke said:

Interesting avatar!

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
duderon said:

Oh boy.

tralfazz

brocke said:
i'm still on hold waiting for a manager on duty from that toys r us.
Make sure you tell them that you are from an internet gaming forum and are just confirming what someone has posted as truth. :)

Crimmy

brocke said:
i'm still on hold waiting for a manager on duty from that toys r us.

Told you the holdtime is ATROCIOUS. I was on hold for literally 45 minutes and 33 seconds.

PS3, on the other hand.... I wouldn't even bother waiting outside for. Some stores, according to the list, may not even meet their preorders, let alone have extras. One glimmer of hope, however, if a preordered PS3 is not picked up by close on Saturday night, it goes out for sale sunday morning.

See? I'm not the only one stating this is true. Maybe it won't affect all of them like the guy said but it WILL affect some. Either that or their just messing with us but I don't see why they would do that.

At this point, anything is bound to happen....

Aw give him a break, it's obvious Sony won't meet demand at any retailer... Look at all the reports and predictions? Sony sadly can't pull PS3's magically out their arse, however many pre-oders might have occured.

brocke

Banned
I don't know who told you that, but I spoke to a lady named Cathy there who told me they will still be getting in what they sold.

Crimmy

brocke said:
I don't know who told you that, but I spoke to a lady named Cathy there who told me they will still be getting in what they sold.

Wow. This is the bull I'm talking about. I might drive up there now and put a voice recorder on my Cell on and see what they say.

Whatever, tho close the thread then and we'll see what happens tomorrow. For those who are doubting me, if there are people who don't get there TRU preorder tomorrow, I would like an apology.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Crimmy said:
Wow. This is the bull I'm talking about. I might drive up there now and put a voice recorder on my Cell on and see what they say.

Whatever, tho close the thread then and we'll see what happens tomorrow. For those who are doubting me, if there are people who don't get there TRU preorder tomorrow, I would like an apology.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

nexes

Hey guys, don't flip out on Crimmy! I was in line with him at that very Toys R Us. The employees there really have no idea what's going on and stuff, so they might have just given him some FUD.

Anyway, I just called that store as well and spoke to the manager, who confirmed that they're on set to get them all, but that they obviously have no positive idea until tomorrow morning when they arrive.

I'm friggin LAST in line at that store, so I hope this is bull. But if it is bs, it's not his fault. Cut him some slack. We had to deal with this while waiting in line too. They just don't know what the hell is going on in their own store.

Lee-T

The PS3s already arrived at TRU stores, if your store doesn't have them today, then they won't have them by opening tomorrow.

puck1337

My TRU (Canada) still doesn't know how many Wii they're getting for launch day. They told me to call them after they open on Sunday. Good job, ****ers.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I doubt that...

All of the EBs here DID get slammed with a cut...but they've also received their share of the units and are simply waiting to sell them.

brocke

Banned
i just called the toys r us i got my preorder at. He said he got the shipment in and they have all of them. yay ^^

Did you guys preorder the 60gig one? The TRU I preordered at said they're only getting the 20gig sku and asked if I wanted it instead of the 60gb I preordered.

Lee-T

Looks like it's a real shortage of PS3s at TRU. My store got one less than we presold, but I was over at a TRU employees forum and theres a ton of store employees saying they got shafted on preorders and tomorrow is gonna be a bad day. Here's 2 of the comments.

"At my store we presold 5 60's and 1 20, we found out today we are getting 3 60's and 3 20's. 2 guys are not going to be very happy."

"We got 4 60s and 2 20s but presold 8 60s and 4 20s"

brocke

Banned
EnGarde said:
Did you guys preorder the 60gig one? The TRU I preordered at said they're only getting the 20gig sku and asked if I wanted it instead of the 60gb I preordered.

I preordered a 60 gig.

I just talked to the manager at the Toys R Us I frequent. They had preordered 1 20G and 8 60G. They are getting in 3 of each now. And they aren't calling anyone either. When the three come in that reserved theirs after the other 6, they are going to tell them sorry.

Drakken

Not TRU, but my Wal-Mart had a notice saying they weren't going to be getting the 10 60 GBs they were supposed to. They're only gonna have a few. And the wording made it sound like it was a notice posted at multiple stores, not just this one.

And everyone bitched out GS/EB when they didn't have enough.. Looks like everyone is getting the screwball at the end.. Sony really f'd up shipments.

Top Bottom