• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toys R Us suffers a shortage maybe (won't meet all preorders)

Mission

This all sounds on par with what I have heard. So its a matter of how many Preorders they took. I spoke with an "R"zone manager today about my Wii preorder and he said that he had 12 PS3 preorders and was only getting 5 units.

That sounds about right with what others are listing.

He's not looking forward to tomorrow, so much that he's trying to ignore the oncoming Wiis until Saturday. Luckily he says all Wii preorders should be met.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
ps3 launch disaster 2006 rolls on. what do gafers with tru preorders plan to do? camp out again? :/

Raistlin

Ruh-roh ... I was #5 in line ... with only 5 pre-orders

(hold me).

There were 4 60GB pre-sells, so the first 4 people grabbed those ... I had the only 20GB. I'm hoping they aren't short ... but if they are, I hope it is with the 60's and I get a 20GB.

Does anyone know where your 'line-up order' is reflected on the receipt? I don't see anything on mine other than it stating I got a 20GB model?

Do we actually have to line up early AGAIN?!!?!?

brocke

Banned
Onix said:
Ruh-roh ... I was #5 in line ... with only 5 pre-orders

(hold me).

There were 4 60GB pre-sells, so the first 4 people grabbed those ... I had the only 20GB. I'm hoping they aren't short ... but if they are, I hope it is with the 60's and I get a 20GB.

Does anyone know where your 'line-up order' is reflected on the receipt? I don't see anything on mine other than it stating I got a 20GB model?

Do we actually have to line up early AGAIN?!!?!?

they don't signify what order number you are on your receipt. so yeah, get there early.

Well I was unloading stuff today at Toys R Us and well I didn't see any PS3s. I asked about them and my manager said he didn't know anything about it. Did unload a lot of Wii's though. Man the boxes are small.

Chris_C

Not that it means much, but I got an anonymous tip stating the same thing, that TRU got shafted as well. Since it was a tip and one from a source with no proven track record I didn't run the story. I guess we'll find out tomorrow :)

brocke

Banned
well based on the ppl in front of me in line, i don't think they will think there is a shortage and come there at opening if there is one.

mrroboto

Banned
I got totally jammed. The Toysrus shortage is real.

Waited 15 hours in line for a 60 gig and they hit me over the head this morning with "We only have a 20 gig for you, Sony cut our shipment".

You know, I'm a grown man but I almost cried. Just.Damn.

Pwned.

teiresias

mrroboto said:
I got totally jammed. The Toysrus shortage is real.

Waited 15 hours in line for a 60 gig and they hit me over the head this morning with "We only have a 20 gig for you, Sony cut our shipment".

You know, I'm a grown man but I almost cried. Just.Damn.

Pwned.

They helped you out, the 20Gig is the better deal anyway.

Westonian

So who's going to to man up and apologize to the original poster?

I think we can officially call this...

Worst.

Launch.

Ever.

Top Bottom