• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trackmania Turbo |OT| It's Turbo Time!

Yoshi88

Beta was a blast. So in on Day one.

I'm rooting for GAF to create some great rooms without those overlong or trail-and-error tracks ;)

ViciousDS

Banned
my copy is still preparing for shipping.....I better get it on time!!!! ggrrrrr

I got a fever and the only prescription is more custom tracks!

There's no preorder/preload available? Bummer

I could save like $5 on the physical version with Best Buy GCU but this is the kind of game I want digitally. Smaller file size and arcadey

Tizoc

I could save like $5 on the physical version with Best Buy GCU but this is the kind of game I want digitally. Smaller file size and arcadey
Us psn oddly shows the preorder if ur not logged into ur account

Thewonandonly

Hey man hope your grandma gets better :/

Anyway does anyone know if customs maps are allowed online I could never find any in the beta...

Edit: damn I'm a stupid it says so right in the OT

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Most likely getting this. I've really been enjoying the beta, and had fun with the original game back in the day (never played TM2).

There is in Sweden/Europe, at least. With a pre-order discount, at that. It's 329 SEK now, will be 369 SEK at release, so ~10% off.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I'm quite interested in this game, but I assume it would run poorly on my system. There's no word on a demo/trial (PC) is there?

T.v

Trackmania for consoles? Why haven't I heard of this sooner?
Always loved trackmania on the pc, but I don't think my laptop can run this, so I might just pick it up for the ps4.
Offline splitscreen is a big plus too.

I've always really liked Trackmania, and this console version is no exception!

I'm just torn between which console to get it on. Unfortunately, both console versions have some pretty awful screen tearing...

What are the odds that it gets V-Synced by Tuesday???

ViciousDS

Banned
I've always really liked Trackmania, and this console version is no exception!

I'm just torn between which console to get it on. Unfortunately, both console versions have some pretty awful screen tearing...

What are the odds that it gets V-Synced by Tuesday???

I don't see that happening. unless something is insanely game breaking.....I'm really expecting the community to carry the game and expect little to none on patching or support sadly.

N° 2048

200_s.gif

Waiting for mail man tomorrow -.-

Hackbert

bought and waiting in the downloadlist. fan of the series since the very first one. a shame enviroments like ice and coast are not in this... loved them hehe

krae_man

I love all the quotes about driving fast and taking risks.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough"

Hook this game into my veins.

vermadas

Apologies if I missed this somewhere else, but does this still have the Trackmania 2 system of submitting official times on tracks with a forced five minute cooldown?

Kumubou

Apologies if I missed this somewhere else, but does this still have the Trackmania 2 system of submitting official times on tracks with a forced five minute cooldown?
In the beta, all runs count for the leaderboards and the whole coin mechanic the PC version uses is gone. It's much less frustrating to deal with now.

I was planning to buy this game on PS4 but can't find it in the store. Is it not available for preload? Im looking at the Xbox One version on XBL right now. In fact it's been up there for weeks. Why no PSN download?

I was planning to buy this game on PS4 but can't find it in the store. Is it not available for preload? Im looking at the Xbox One version on XBL right now. In fact it's been up there for weeks. Why no PSN download?
It's up to the publisher to make their game available for preorder/preload on PSN. Maybe Ubisoft forgot or waited until the last minute to talk to Sony about it. Or they had a deal with MS.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I don't see that happening. unless something is insanely game breaking.....I'm really expecting the community to carry the game and expect little to none on patching or support sadly.

Why? Trials Fusion, another rather niche Ubisoft title, has been getting patches and updates (some adding very significant stuff) like crazy since it was released. Maybe this is even more niche, but I'm hopeful it'll get decent post-release support. Also, if it's is indeed on track to get PSVR support, that doesn't sound like a game they're just gonna release and drop.

It's available on the EU store (with a 10% pre-order discount), no idea what's up with the US side of things.

ViciousDS

Banned
Why? Trials Fusion, another rather niche Ubisoft title, has been getting patches and updates (some adding very significant stuff) like crazy since it was released. Maybe this is even more niche, but I'm hopeful it'll get decent post-release support. Also, if it's is indeed on track to get PSVR support, that doesn't sound like a game they're just gonna release and drop.

It's available on the EU store (with a 10% pre-order discount), no idea what's up with the US side of things.

I'm not saying I don't want patches.... Because I really do! Hoping they listen to some feedback as well.

Curious to see PC vs PS4 impressions. If the PC version winds up being any more "open" than the PS4 version I might go that way, but if they're pretty much equal, I'd probably go PS4.

It'd be cool if they tried to strike some deals music-wise. Like maybe doing something with Monstercat or someplace like that.

ViciousDS

Banned
Curious to see PC vs PS4 impressions. If the PC version winds up being any more "open" than the PS4 version I might go that way, but if they're pretty much equal, I'd probably go PS4.

It'd be cool if they tried to strike some deals music-wise. Like maybe doing something with Monstercat someplace like that.

There are four monstercat jams in the game. But monstercats library is fucking huge as a publisher. They honestly are by far my favorite group in any electronic scene right now. They definitely see and know talent. So many good tracks. Would have loved some pegbaord nerds, Stephen walking, Alan Walker, thefatrat, Tristam, rogue, anything with Laura brehm.

Especially Laura brehm tracks :)

batbeg

Spotify + TrackMania + Rocket League means my life is pretty much sorted from this moment on. I played 11 hours of this on the first day of the beta :eek:

Especially Laura brehm tracks :)

I'll look her up! I've been dipping my toes into this kind of stuff for the first time lately.

Spotify + TrackMania + Rocket League means my life is pretty much sorted from this moment on. I played 11 hours of this on the first day of the beta :eek:

Does the game 'play nice' with Spotify, dropping out its own music automatically and such? Badass if so.

(Also, I imagine it would be locked down, but I wonder if it's technically possible for games to call up tracks in the Spotify app...)

I'll look her up! I've been dipping my toes into this kind of stuff for the first time lately.

Does the game 'play nice' with Spotify, dropping out its own music automatically and such? Badass if so.

(Also, I imagine it would be locked down, but I wonder if it's technically possible for games to call up tracks in the Spotify app...)
I mean if it didn't you just need to click the touchpad until music is off

ViciousDS

Banned
I mean if it didn't you just need to click the touchpad until music is off

You just turn off music in settings......at least that's what I did.....its just on and off. I was like....oh simple enough. Never noticed the touch pad turns off music. I thought you either had normal EQ and then hitting it ramped the bass up or something

batbeg

You just turn off music in settings......at least that's what I did.....its just on and off. I was like....oh simple enough. Never noticed the touch pad turns off music. I thought you either had normal EQ and then hitting it ramped the bass up or something

The TouchPad cycles through the music, music with that stupid going faster equals more music, and no music I believe.

ViciousDS

Banned
The TouchPad cycles through the music, music with that stupid going faster equals more music, and no music I believe.

well......thats good to know come tonight. I'm probably going to setup my own monstercat playlist and just race away.

Now all I have to do is figure out how the hell water puddles work because no matter how I took them.....it definitely seemed random.

*Splinter

well......thats good to know come tonight. I'm probably going to setup my own monstercat playlist and just race away.

Now all I have to do is figure out how the hell water puddles work because no matter how I took them.....it definitely seemed random.
It seems like you just have to memorise the best route through each one. For example track 15 if you go along the left it's a lot (2 seconds) faster than the right. There's no visual cue that I could figure out so it's just trial and error for each puddle? Lame feature if so, especially as some puddles seem a lot less consistent (eg 14)

Top Bottom