• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trackmania Turbo |OT| It's Turbo Time!

U2NUMB

Played an hour last night on X1 after it unlocked.. my first Trackmania game, enjoyed it for sure. I can see the golds are going to be tough but thats the point. I only wish the game had more stat tracking... I do like that the hero stats on the dash track distance traveled but more stats would be awesome.

Looking forward to more!

GeeYSfA.jpg

Though unfortunate, it's an honest, straight to the point answer.

forms

It's not released until later though, right? I have preordered, but I was under the impression that it will not be unlocked for another couple of days. I'd love to stand corrected, though. :D

mrklaw

MrArseFace
tempted to get on Xbox for easier in/out quick games - is the performance basically the same between xbox and PS4? PSVR support is tempting but I might just double dip on Vive if VR is awesome

Alkuk

Neo Member
No option in menues on console (in beta)!
Could not find them on their website.
Just my friends-scores!?

That's it Ubi? A Time Trial Racer with no option to view the leaderboards? WTF!?

Tell me there is a way ... please!

There's finally a listing on the NA PSN but it's only the demo right now

All I want to do is give you money Ubisoft/PSN. Let me give you money

tempted to get on Xbox for easier in/out quick games - is the performance basically the same between xbox and PS4? PSVR support is tempting but I might just double dip on Vive if VR is awesome

I've played both versions (PS4 and XB1) on the same TV, and the PS4 version, as usual, has slightly better performance.

Both versions have screen tearing, which I absolutely cannot stand...especially in this generation. However, I've seen more frame drops and more noticeable tearing on the XB1 version. The PS4 version also seems to have a slightly better resolution, but you really have to look for it.

I'm still not sure which version I'm going to buy. I love the idea of being able to jump in and out of this game quickly on an XB1, between TV/movies/media/etc... But man...I do love me some trophies.

If V-Sync was enabled, I'd double-dip on this in a heartbeat.

Load times getting into this game are pretttttty awful. The initial load is almost Garden Warfare 2 levels of "I have time to make a sandwich". At least the restarts are instant once you're in a track.

Also it feels like the Nadeo medals are easier this go around then they have been in the past. I have 16 already and I haven't even completed white yet.

That said, game is fun as hell and I'm glad it's well liked.

Hopefully TM2 Lagoon comes out soonish. If it's anything like the Lagoon area here, it'll be quite entertaining.

Also, interestingly, it carries over your beta progress and times. But trophies won't immediately unlock. So you won't get your trophy for your first green medal or gold medal until after you accomplish said task again. Hopefully the trophies aren't bugged as a result with stuff like the "get all 200 golds" and "get 50 trackmasters".

This looks like just medal counts rankings and not track leaderboards? I posted a bunch of regional and a couple of national #1s yesterday but I'd like to know when they are eventually beaten, by how much they are cleared by.

It's unfortunate that I can't look for those outside of just folks on my friends list.

Anyone know how to get rid of the scores when they get stuck on screen?
Change your region. I switched from USA to United Nations and it went away

Hopefully they'll fix that because I'd like to be ranked properly

(Then again, I'd also like NA PSN to put it up lol)

-griffy-

Banned
Digital Foundry just put up a performance video for the PS4 and XBO versions.
https://youtu.be/wq19qlR3g18

1080p60 on PS4, 900p60 on XBO. Short of it is both versions mostly stay at 60, but there are occasional drops that come paired with screen tearing, which happen more frequently and more severely on XBO.

Heads up, you can download the demo on PS4 (in US/Canada) and if you select something the demo doesn't offer, it takes you to upgrade to the full version for $39.99, and it works even though it's not on the store proper yet. Been playing it for an hour. And also, in Canada it's charging the US $39.99 price, which will be changed to $49.99 soon so jump on that lol

Thewonandonly

Hell ya I thought this released on thursday. Does anyone know if its a for sure thing that this is getting PSVR support. That would decide where I get it because I like the xbox controller a lot better but if its getting VR support well I can't pass that up so playstation for me then.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!

This is where I am. I'm getting for Xbox today.

Hell ya I thought this released on thursday. Does anyone know if its a for sure thing that this is getting PSVR support. That would decide where I get it because I like the xbox controller a lot better but if its getting VR support well I can't pass that up so playstation for me then.
It already has PSVR support (I think they even had it at E3), just gotta wait for the headsets pretty much

ViciousDS

Banned
Very cool that the game remembers all your medals from the beta. Though the next medal I earned popped a trophy called "199 to go" lol

only gold that I didn't get in the beta was the stupid fucking dirt track with the double water puddles that was mlti-lap. I gave up and got so mad trying to figure out the water. Good to know that everything else will already be cleared though!

I think I'm gonna go buy this

u5Js289.gif

-griffy-

Banned
only gold that I didn't get in the beta was the stupid fucking dirt track with the double water puddles that was mlti-lap. I gave up and got so mad trying to figure out the water. Good to know that everything else will already be cleared though!

I found that if you stay in the left "lane" going through the water you'd plow right through without slowing down much.

PSN store not updated yet. Will get this bad boy later tonight. This, 60fps, Spotify = arcade racing fun times !!!

It's about time we got something blue sky, 60fps, fantasy tracks, super fast racing. Feels great !!

Tizoc

Heads up, you can download the demo on PS4 (in US/Canada) and if you select something the demo doesn't offer, it takes you to upgrade to the full version for $39.99, and it works even though it's not on the store proper yet. Been playing it for an hour. And also, in Canada it's charging the US $39.99 price, which will be changed to $49.99 soon so jump on that lol

I can't upgrade the trial then? Gotta go to bed soon, wish I'd seen this earlier tho xp

ViciousDS

Banned
You guys know you can do a bunny-hop, right?

e: Hit up on the right analog stick.

wait wait wait......I thought this was in stunt only? This was just standard time trial in career. I don't think you were allowed to bunny hop, just like the on off engine ones as well.....it wasn't allowed on that track in career.

Top Bottom