• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trailer for A24's "Dream Scenario", starring Nicolas Cage

HL3.exe

Cool to see A24 consistently greenlight out-there ideas. Don't like all their stuff but I definitely can't fault them for trying!

This one feels like a Charlie Kaufman (eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind) concept. Curious.

Edit: I actually love that they do instead of easy/cynical nostalgia or franchise cash grabs like most distributors do. Feels like the 90/00's when with these medium sized budget, but interesting ideas that create sleeper hits.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Cool to see A24 consistently greenlight out-there ideas. Don't like all their stuff but I definitely can't fault them for trying!

This one feels like a Charlie Kaufman (eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind) concept. Curious.

Edit: I actually love that they do instead of easy/cynical nostalgia or franchise cash grabs like most distributors do. Feels like the 90/00's when with these medium sized budget, but interesting ideas that create sleeper hits.
Agreed, I'd rather a dozen hit or miss wild ideas than a dozen play it safe, homogenized, by committee checklist 4 quadrant projects loaded with buzzwords the AI knows I'm interested in.

The real issue with these types of films, for me, is to have A REAL ENDING. I'm just tired of elaborate set ups that then whiff the ending with a deux ex machina or just trail off with no resolution at all.

Trunx81

Agreed, I'd rather a dozen hit or miss wild ideas than a dozen play it safe, homogenized, by committee checklist 4 quadrant projects loaded with buzzwords the AI knows I'm interested in.

The real issue with these types of films, for me, is to have A REAL ENDING. I'm just tired of elaborate set ups that then whiff the ending with a deux ex machina or just trail off with no resolution at all.
Or aliens .. KNOWING was a nice film with Cage, but the ending just plain sucked.

wondermega

Nic Cage is such a weird guy. I am pleased that he perseveres and continues to have a very unique career in Hollywood, still, after all this time. The trailer was interesting (enough) but I will wait to hear the buzz on it as it seems like it is one of those things that could be really really cool, or as another poster mentioned above, a neat concept that ultimately "they don't know exactly what to do with it" and it kind of meanders.

Pejo

Interesting twist vibe at the end of the trailer. I feel like that trailer just gave away the whole movie though. Hate when that happens. They should have just cut it about halfway through and surprised audiences.

Fbh

A24 + Nick Cage

Count Me In Rick And Morty GIF

Yup, while I don't like all (or even most) of their stuff. I love how unique and out there a lot of it is.
If you give me the option to "go in blind to see the new new movie from any studio you want" I'd probably choose A24 because at least it won't be the same formulaic overly safe stuff we get from 90% of Hollywood.

Nic Cage is such a weird guy. I am pleased that he perseveres and continues to have a very unique career in Hollywood, still, after all this time. The trailer was interesting (enough) but I will wait to hear the buzz on it as it seems like it is one of those things that could be really really cool, or as another poster mentioned above, a neat concept that ultimately "they don't know exactly what to do with it" and it kind of meanders.

Nic cage really is one of my favourite actors.
It's really not just the meme, I really think when he is in good movies (like Joe, or Pig or Mandy) he is a great, and when he is in bad movies he is usually the best thing about them and makes them worth watching.

Last edited:
Top Bottom